It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S nuclear bomb facility shut after security breach

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
The US nuclear weapons aren't in safe hands and they are a threat to world peace. China must invade the US and secure the nukes.
/sarcasm

This is how absurd you sound when you blame other countries for not being safe enough for nukes. (Iran, Pakistan)
Even though only the US has used them and Israel is the only country to threat the whole world with nuclear destruction.

Everywhere in the world, nuclear (If you voted for Bush, sorry I mean Nooklar) weapons are in the hands of those sociopaths that sit at the pinnacle of the pyramid of the master-slave power structure of this planet. Now, doesn't that give you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

This is quite hilarious while frightening at the same time. An 82 year-old, a 63 year-old, and a 57 year-old, were able to walk two hours, breach four fences, and get to the main walls of a nuclear facility without detection? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to underestimate the capabilities of these three just because of their age but it's not exactly like they are a covert operations team of highly trained military personnel. They are just three activists!

How are we supposed to feel safe with our nuclear facility getting intruded into so easily?

"It was obviously a pretty serious incident," NNSA spokesman Joshua McConaha told Reuters.

"We're taking this very, very seriously," added Steve Wyatt, a spokesman for the NNSA office in Oak Ridge which supervises the activities of Y-12 contractors.

Yeah, guys, it was a very serious incident. You let three people breach into a facility that stores and processes weapons-grade uranium with just a pair of clippers for the fence. What if it had been a group of armed terrorists? Can you imagine if that place got overrun? It would be catastrophic for Tennessee and the total of United States.

Still, I wouldn't say these activists were just your regular run-of-the-mill protestors. Well.. firstly, they broke into a nuclear facility and could have exposed themselves to radiation which is crazy enough already but the fact that they threw human blood on the walls of the building is a little odd... Just whose blood was it, any way?

I seriously hope they bump up security within this facility, because that is frightening.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-8-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: To add.

Why do we have weapons grade uranium? Isn't that illegal under international nuclear proliferation laws?

So what? The corporate hijacked government scripts some "radical protesters" to make them look like terrorists.

I don't see protesters bombing villages with drones and stealing $25 trillion+ from the US public via the federal reserve's swaps,stimulus and bailouts.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hell I'm surprised the activists even needed wire cutters to get past the fence. Marcinko infiltrated a nuclear submarine base once by simply walking down a train track that went right through the chain link fence and wondered inside nuclear missile subs by claiming he was a contractor from General Electric. Planted three fake bombs to prove his point that at any time he could have turned those subs into massive dirty bombs.

He also managed to smuggle 3 pounds of simulated plastic explosive to within 15 feet of the presidential cabin at camp david. Our facilities are very unsecured.

I wonder if places like area 51 are so secure (supposedly, this all makes you wonder) that some 82 year old couldn't infiltrate that too. Maybe the security is so much better at area 51 becuase no military are in charge of the security there. It has to be all corporate funded mercs doing the security out there.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I'm not so sure about Area 51. I've heard they are pretty tight there. Of course, I've never been there but just from what I've heard.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thats why I think area 51s security is not handled by the military at all. Because they apparently have good security. I don't think the govt. even has much involvement with the day to day over at groom. yes its govt property. But I think its pretty much run by the corporations that are developing tech out there. I believe the same corps use their own funds to hire actual security, and don't use the govt at all to acquire the security professionals working there.

So my theory is the "Camo Dudes" are private security and not acting members of the US military or even govt.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good thing I did a search before starting a new thread. Here's the video from ABC via Mox News.

This is crazy!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Much of the US security, despite some companies make huge profits in the security industry working for the government, seems to be a comedy of errors.

Seem the world has become what things appear to be, not what they are.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Thats why I think area 51s security is not handled by the military at all.

US Military don't guard anything like this. It's contractors.

I guarantee they did not enter a secure area. They may have come within 1000 meters of a secure facility and should receive the congratulatory pendant of enriched plutonium to wear around their neck for the rest of their life, but they did not access a secure area.

I think the punishment to a 82 year old nun will be a slap on the wrist. Next time maybe she should be chased slowly until her heart explodes.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well It's up and running again after all employes were made to take a
refresher course in Safety & Security.

www.knoxnews.com...

Feds authorize restart of Y-12's nuke operations

OAK RIDGE — Nearly three weeks after a stunning security breach shut down the Y-12 nuclear weapons plant, the government on Wednesday authorized the restart of nuclear operations.

The Oak Ridge plant will resume work on nuclear warhead parts and the handling and processing of highly enriched uranium, but it won’t be — a federal spokesman emphasized — a return to normal.

‘It won’t be normal at all,” said Steven Wyatt of the National Nuclear Security Administration’s Oak Ridge office. There will be greatly enhanced security oversight, with additional federal personnel on site to review the contractor operations and planning activities, he said.

Isn't that just peachy dandy?
What is next?
Oh yah explosive sinkholes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join