It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you decide your choice amongst billions, in everyday life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I used to make music back in the day and towards the end of it, before I took a break from it all, I often would sit there in awe of these billions of choices that existed when making music, and as a result, wouldn't make anything at all besides muddle around with notes and stuff.

So too with life and free will, we literally have billions of choices that we can make, so how and why do you make them?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I dance with intuition. Sometimes I lead sometimes she does. One of those mutual benefit kinda things...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I too make music and I think this can apply to life choices as a metaphor. Sometimes the best music is made just by trying out new notes.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just follow your will, your intuition. Creative work is not rational, it just happens.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I do what I want and what I feel is the right thing to do…..

I do not ask for assistance in making these decisions….

If the decision is wrong, so be it, I will learn from the mistake…..

I have a choice right now to go outside or stay in my office, I’m choosing to go outside because that is what I really want to do, I could die out there, or I may not, everything is a calculated risk that our mind takes into consideration (hopefully for everyone) when making decisions.

I let my consciences make decisions for me and my brain has not sent me to far astray…. Well perhaps a bit when I was young.

Music should come from emotions, not thoughts IMO anyway.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't choose. I just do all of them and clutter reality up with infinite numbers of brand new universes that feature me living every single choice required of me launching more and more of them from instant to instant.

Sh*t, I can't keep a straight face when I chat that superposition stuff up.
I wish I could, but it's too idiotic.
edit on 8/2/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I choose not to choose, and just allow myself to live in the flow.

If you think too much (let the ego mind take control) then the results are trite and predicatble. Get out of your mind and it's easier to tap in to the source. Why do you think so many legendary musicians where chronic drug users - it got them out of their ego-consciousness and in touch with creative energy that is divine in nature.

Peace * Ned

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well, the way I see it, we DO make all of those choices. Every choice we make spawns infinite alternate realities where we make alternative choices. However, the choices we are conscious of in this particular reality affect our present and future within this reality.

So, I just live how my intuition leads. I focus on the Living part, as opposed to the Deciding part.

I decide to Live, so I make choices which are conducive to having an enjoyable and relatively strife-free life.

Until recently (2010), I lived how I thought I was "supposed to". At some point, I just couldn't stand it anymore. Subduing myself for everyone else's benefit, and my own detriment, was too much.

So, now, I do what I feel urged to do. I figure that I'm having these urges for a reason, so I'd might as well explore them to see what new things I can learn about myself and the world in the process.

It's interesting.

I am also a musician, and the music I make is an extension of myself and my intuition. It is me in sound. Music can travel anywhere; it has no boundaries.

So should be our souls.

edit on 8/3/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

top topics

join