Paranoid about gun control? You should be! Law 87-279, passed by Congress in 1961

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I stumbled upon an interesting Public law PASSED by Congress in 1961. The law? "87-279" You may ask yourself, well if it was passed in 1961 then why do we still have guns? Well the answer is, that the laws were put in place for the right time to enact them!!!!

Law 87-279

Here is a direct subsection of part of the law!

(a)The conduct, support, and corrdination of research for arms control and disarmament policy formulation;

(b)The preparation and management for United States participation in international negotiations in the arms control and disarmament field;

(c)The dissemination and cordination of public information concerning arms control and disarmament and;

(d) The preparation for, operation of, or as appropriate, direction of United States participation in such CONTROL systems as may become part of United States arms control and DISARMAMENT activities

Notice how the law states preparation???? That means they knew it was coming and put the law into place for when the trigger was pulled!

Feel free to read the whole thing it isn't that big compared to the ridiculous books of law that are passed today!

I felt compelled to post this because of the Small Arms Treaty that is on hold (until AFTER the election) and that it made me realize that as much as I want to hate Obama, that this pretty much shows how our president in this country is just following a long laid out plan! If per chance Romney is elected, I am sure he will sign on the treaty just as Obama will! Just more proof to me as to how our government works for someone other than "WE THE PEOPLE"!

Now for those of you who want gun control, let me enlighten you to the feudalistic path that you are volunteering for! The government in this country works for US! We are NOT their slave to manipulate at their fingertips! The only thing that is separating this country from slavery or freedom, is the fact that we are a very well armed nation of civilians!!! If we allow these traitors and criminals to take away our abilities to defend ourselves, we will decend into a pit of slavery like the world has never seen! Their goal is a one world government and the armed citizens of the United States of America are the last bation standing to stop them! I don't mean for it to sound grandiose, but it is a fact!

I don't care if you are a Democrat or Republican but I will bet that every damn one of you LOVE YOUR FREEDOM!!! We as Americans need to put our ridiculous political differences aside and remember who we are and how we got here! If we don't, then we will lose everything!

I am not calling for an armed revolution by any means! What I am trying to do is to wake some of you up who are so entrapped by political ideoligies that you can't even see the the hammer falling on our liberties and freedoms in this country.. We can stop this, ONLY if we can put our differences aside and realize that every damn one of us deserve to live free from the hand of the criminals that have been starving this country of the freedoms that made us great! We can do that by letting them know we are tired of their ridiculous tactics of constantly dividing us, by doing so they can't manipulate and control the majority of the masses! If we let them know we now have the freedom of personal thought and their tactics no longer work,,,,,,,,,,then what? They get scared and back down, or they proceed as planned and we the people show them just what the hell the American spirit is made of!

I know it is a pipe dream, by I had to say it anyways....I don't think people will ever get together until the hammer falls on all of us. Then my friends, it will be too late!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Read it, I love how vague laws are...

It seems to me to say it allows for the formation of a group to study, and implement policy based on the goal of disarmament...

My question is what is the government agency that this law formed or who was tasked with it?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You are correct! It just says to implement and agency to implement it! Even if they would have named an agency in 1961, I am sure that the name would have changed a few dozen times by today...

That was my reason to post this, the fact that gun control is nothing new but we perceive it to be!
edit on 2-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: add

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
They can pass as many laws as they want from whatever year they want.
The minute they actually try to take our guns by force or law, there will be war.
I do believe that they are honestly fearful of igniting a civil war.
Because that's what will happen.
Some will mindlessly give up their guns.
Others may actually turn them in.
Most will fight.

Unless they slowly implement their "change".
Which seems to be the going rate around here.

Slow implementation gets things done.
They can't rush things to fruition...
Wouldn't want to frighten the flock.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

You are correct! I am just amazed at those in favor of us losing our guns. I really don't think they understand that by giving total control to the tyrants, that they will in fact give any power they have as a free human being to the feudalistic lords who have taken this country over......Trust me! The body count will go up drastically if only the police and government have guns!!!

When a civilian kills someone it is a crime! When the governent kills someone, it is for our protection!
edit on 2-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The BATF can make up their own "laws" without the need for congress to write anything on their own.

The BATF has zero congressional oversight the evidence of this Gunwalker,Fast and Furious guns are fine in the hands of Mexican drug cartels. but if your an American you do not have the right.

The double standard is sickening, and enough to make anyone's blood boil every single Federal Gun law needs to be abolished, and left up to the individual.

There is so much ridiculous laws on the books it is just insane, and the time of the writing of the constitution the musket was the pinnacle of technological advancement of the time.

The goal of the 2nd was to have the people and it 'sgovernment on an equal footing there is a group famous for their outsourcing, and outsourcing personal security is the pinnacle of that ideology.
edit on 2-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The BATF can make up their own "laws" without the need for congress to write anything on their own.

The BATF has zero congressional oversight the evidence of this Gunwalker,Fast and Furious guns are fine in the hands of Mexican drug cartels. but if your an American you do not have the right.

The double standard is sickening, and enough to make anyone's blood boil every single Federal Gun law needs to be abolished, and left up to the individual.

There is so much ridiculous laws on the books it is just insane, and the time of the writing of the constitution the musket was the pinnacle of technological advancement of the time.

The goal of the 2nd was to have the people and it 'sgovernment on an equal footing there is a group famous for their outsourcing, and outsourcing personal security is the pinnacle of that ideology.

You hit the nail on the head NEO! We elect people who either do what they are told or have no authority to question what the executive branch does!

Muskets might be all we are left with, if we allow this to happen! Hardly a fair fight imo

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

reply to post by benrl

It says right in the law the name of the agency: United States Arms Control and Disarmament Agency

Here's their website: ACDA

Never even heard of them before now, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

No! Thank you for bringing it to my attention! I thought I saw it but when I went to answer someone who asked I totally missed it!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

edit on 2-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I have said this for years and it still baffles me how so many people just can not understand it. I get the "So, you think you should be able to buy a tank?" Yes! I exclaim. Though I doubt that I will have the money to do so any time soon

The 2A was put in place by men that had the goal of tossing away a tyrannical government that was backed by the best armed forces on the planet in their time. They wanted to make sure it never happened again. Can anyone honestly say that they did not want the citizen on equal footing? The 2A really has less to do with the bad buy breaking in to your home and more to do with the people's ability to protect themselves from those that wished to overly control them.

I really was starting to believe I was the only person that understood this.

Now you must excuse me, I need ot go to my other job. I have a tank payment to make soon

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Read it, I love how vague laws are...

It seems to me to say it allows for the formation of a group to study, and implement policy based on the goal of disarmament...

My question is what is the government agency that this law formed or who was tasked with it?

The government agency that was formed, well, renamed is the independent agency called the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency. Before 1961 it was the U.S. Disarmament Administration. The primary task of these organizations has been the disarmament of soviet nations. After 1999 the primary mission became international disarmament of nuclear weapons.

If any of you feel so important that every law is somehow involving you, that's fine. This one isn't one of those.

new topics
top topics

join