It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a low flying military attack helicopter with missile pods going over our street yesterday.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
intimidation.

are stinger missiles covered by the second amendment in case they are every ordered against you.

because killing unarmed civilians are the apaches speciality.

but i suspect you'd have to get russian or chinese versions because i doubt american stingers would be able to lock on to apaches.

Stingers are ground to air, or if fitted on a AH-64 Apache/AH-1 Cobra then they are air to air.

Firing a Stinger at a ground target would be a last act of desperation on the aircrews part and would also likely miss the target. That would be a expensive dirt dart.

I'm sure you were thinking of the air to ground Hellfire, which when fired almost always hits its target.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
intimidation.

are stinger missiles covered by the second amendment in case they are every ordered against you.

because killing unarmed civilians are the apaches speciality.

but i suspect you'd have to get russian or chinese versions because i doubt american stingers would be able to lock on to apaches.

Troll much?

Guess what, everyone? The weekend is almost here! And for all of us in PA and in the Guard or Reserves, it's drill weekend.

Guys are out flying and getting the boxes checked so they can stay current.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I'm thinking thats most likely the scenario here

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was in the Air Force for about 6 years before it actually dawned on me that the Military flies ordinance (live and inert) over our homes everyday. And sometimes, that ordinance hangs up. Meaning it doesn't come off the racks for some reason and could fall off at any moment. There are no safe bases for these aircraft to go, they all come home.

They also fly in and out of civilian airports on a regular basis. It's part of their training. And just because they're not supposed to fly under a certain ceiling doesn't mean they don't.

Another thing I learned from talking with some of the pilots is that they will pick a civilian building and use it for a dry run bombing approach. Especially power plants, manufacturing plants or any potential real world target. Many times training ordinance is used and some training missiles can be used over and over for a training run. In my day, we used modified Mavericks for the F-4's and A-10's that had a film magazine we loaded and remove so they could evaluate their performance. Now days, I imagine that they have something more state of art.

I doubt that they've changed the markings, but in my day, live ordinance was marked with yellow bands and inert was marked with blue. The concrete bombs were usually painted blue. They also used smaller bombs about 2' in length to drop and these contained a powder charge to mark the bombs impact site.

So bottom line is any time you see a military aircraft, it is most likely in transit from one place to other for some military assignment, They very rarely fiy anything without a reason for it. And most of the time, it's for training of some kind, Or it could be for a maintenance check flight. But it's rarely for the purpose of spying on us. They (meaning the government) have easier, better ways of spying on us.

One more thing, while it possible the OP saw fuel tanks, it more likely he saw rocket pods and they may have been loaded or not. But the aircraft I worked on almost always had the racks installed. We didn't strip the aircraft just because it wasn't needed.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Ive actually seen the same thing. and its been more then just a day. they have flown in groups and other times I only see one. no bases around me neither... :p weird

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
It was following the road (low and slow). I looked it up and it was an Apache AH Mk1 with stub wings. They were flying only about 300 ft over the road and going slow (50~60 knots).There is an AF base about an hour and a half from here but there are no Army bases with helicopters nearby. Given the type (armaments) they weren't flying around looking for pot plots. I wonder if anyone else has seen any flying around lately.

many times choppers and jets are loaded with "fake weapons" for training....this comes from someone i personally know who was a weapons loader

also, this may come as a surprise to many..............but................air force bases have chopper squadrons too
and the army and air force train and deploy together

edit on August 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

that's awesome..

Urban weapons training right here in good ol' USA .. not that the military can spend millions on building fake cites to do this .. but instead, do it over US cities.

just say'n ..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
It was following the road (low and slow). I looked it up and it was an Apache AH Mk1 with stub wings. They were flying only about 300 ft over the road and going slow (50~60 knots) There is an AF base about an hour and a half from here but there are no Army bases with helicopters nearby. Given the type (armaments) they weren't flying around looking for pot plots. I wonder if anyone else has seen any flying around lately.

not helo's

but saw a drone last week fly over our house ..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

I have to agree with the rocket pods thing, when I was in the NYARNG, our AH1 Cobras had rocket pods attached to the wings as well, we didn't take em off unless it was for maintainence, so they would do their check flights with the pods on, no big deal

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Y'all would poop if you lived here!! Every single day and I'm an hour away from both AF and Army bases. Who said they can't land at the army base? Since when do they follow freeways and highways? Need once saw that. Today had two helicopters flying to the east of my house and there's an interstate to the west.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join