It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a low flying military attack helicopter with missile pods going over our street yesterday.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It was following the road (low and slow). I looked it up and it was an Apache AH Mk1 with stub wings. They were flying only about 300 ft over the road and going slow (50~60 knots).There is an AF base about an hour and a half from here but there are no Army bases with helicopters nearby. Given the type (armaments) they weren't flying around looking for pot plots. I wonder if anyone else has seen any flying around lately.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Whoa, glad im not the only one having these fly over my house, they have been flying over here for the past week, I got some great footage of them, must have been 6. Then one came over my work about 30 feet up, Really really low. I could see the pilots faces. i think they are training around here, because of the training grounds

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
It was following the road (low and slow). I looked it up and it was an Apache AH Mk1 with stub wings. They were flying only about 300 ft over the road and going slow (50~60 knots).There is an AF base about an hour and a half from here but there are no Army bases with helicopters nearby. Given the type (armaments) they weren't flying around looking for pot plots. I wonder if anyone else has seen any flying around lately.

uhhmm...
where are you?
pictures?
news articles?
verification?
you started a thread with no other information, my question is why?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

many times choppers and jets are loaded with "fake weapons" for training....this comes from someone i personally know who was a weapons loader

also, this may come as a surprise to many..............but................air force bases have chopper squadrons too
and the army and air force train and deploy together

edit on August 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
intimidation.

are stinger missiles covered by the second amendment in case they are every ordered against you.

because killing unarmed civilians are the apaches speciality.

but i suspect you'd have to get russian or chinese versions because i doubt american stingers would be able to lock on to apaches.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

many times choppers and jets are loaded with "fake weapons" for training

They are never loaded with fake weapons...Training rounds, yes, fake guns, no...

OP:

And what you thought were missle pods are more than likely additional fuel tanks...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

They are never loaded with fake weapons...Training rounds, yes, fake guns, no...

OP:

And what you thought were missle pods are more than likely additional fuel tanks...

ok. well you worded it better and are correct......i obviously am not a weapons loader...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by facelift

OP:

ok. well you worded it better and are correct......i obviously am not a weapons loader...

both correct, "fake weapons" could also mean fake bombs/missles (no fuse no payload) just concrete.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Every time I think of the Apache helicopter I think of Patrick Stewart's lengthy and hilarious introduction to "Ted", talking about one.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OP,

The Army/Airforce helicopters usually travel along or next to freeways when moving from base to base as it is the easiest form of navigation for the pilots. They do this as training also in-case of loss of GPS.

Regarding the weapons, If they are off colour from the standard grey/black, say blue to light blue, then they are training rounds, also I agree that you most likely saw external fuel pods.

I haven't seen a larger than normal amount of aircraft activity in my area as I do live close to a military airbase.

Thanks for you report none the less.

Sirric

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
OP,

The Army/Airforce helicopters usually travel along or next to freeways when moving from base to base as it is the easiest form of navigation for the pilots. They do this as training also in-case of loss of GPS.

Regarding the weapons, If they are off colour from the standard grey/black, say blue to light blue, then they are training rounds, also I agree that you most likely saw external fuel pods.

I haven't seen a larger than normal amount of aircraft activity in my area as I do live close to a military airbase.

Thanks for you report none the less.

Sirric

as far as coloring goes, i cant remember the color scheme, but they are required at a minimum to have 2 bands on every fireable droppable munition. one on the front will be one of 2 colors, one for training, inert payload; the other for live payload, and one on the back end, for missles it will depict if it has a live rocket, for bombs if it has a live fuze, or if either is inert.

weapon marking
edit on 2-8-2012 by Dizrael because: link

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

YES every day for the last 4 days at least 2 fighter jets buzz my house... just above tree top...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd

YES every day for the last 4 days at least 2 fighter jets buzz my house... just above tree top...

Im not sure how tall your trees are....but I have lived ON air force bases for many many many years....
there is NO way a jet is going to fly in a residential area at just above tree top......even living on base they didnt fly over base housing that low......

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd

Have you had Fighter Jet do this before? If not, were they Air Force or Navy and how far away is a military base from you?

Low fly jets over non-military Flight Zones are only allowed by the Blue Angles or Thunderbird aerial flight demonstration teams.

Sirric

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Probably nothing, but I swear I saw a lone A-10 fly over my little corner of SE Missouri the other day. Unless there is a civilian jet that can be mistaken for an A-10...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I was out watering the garden and I could see it coming from the north. We have had several helicopters fly over the house in the last 6 years but never got a good look (one might have been a black hawk) as we were in the house. But this time I got a good look and my 11 yr old son came running out of the house and proclaimed "that's a military helicopter" (pretty obvious). We live outside KC about halfway between Ft. Leavenworth, KS and Whiteman AFB, MO. I didnt have a cellphone or camera on me and it was all over in about a minute. I just watched it come down above the road. We are on some acreage at the edge of town and there is a large corn field across the street. I guess I should have looked to see if there was another thread about military craft sightings in civilian areas but honestly didnt think about it as I havent seen any such threads in Recent Posts lately. I was just wondering if there have been other sightings (not necessarily in my area).

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

A-10 Warthog is pretty easy to ID. The same ones that were used in the original Transformer movie (subsonic tank killers).

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

About 7 years ago at our old house we had two fighter jets fly over our house one night (guessing F-18s). They were loud. The next day I learned that President Bush flew into town and our house must have been in the flight path altho we are not that close to the airport (Downtown Airport KC not KCI as I recall). They must have been flying under AF One as it would have had to be quit a bit higher (we are 20 miles away fr the airport).

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Yes I agree that they very well could have been inert training missiles in the pods. I have no way of knowing and it might have been a training exercise as our road goes north and south thru town. Straight south is the old Richards -Gebauer AFB which some have IDed as a possible FEMA camp now.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Gebauer AFB which some have IDed as a possible FEMA camp now.

Ive lived on 2 air force bases which have been IDed as being possible fema camps.....and I can say that whomever laid that claim is full of cow poo.....

But the fema issue is another topic in itself

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join