It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Backs Institutional Racism in Schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This honestly makes me want to cry... I don't know what else to say.

President Barack Obama is backing a controversial campaign by progressives to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior. His July 26 executive order established a government panel to promote “a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.” “African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline,” said the order, titled “White House Initiative On Educational Excellence.”

The order created a “President’s Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for African Americans.” It will include senior officials from several federal agencies — including the Departments of Education, Justice and Labor — which have gained increased power over state education policies since 2009.

The progressives campaign for race-based discipline policies also won a victory in Maryland July 24.

The state’s board of education established a policy demanding that each racial or ethnic group receive roughly proportional level of school penalties, regardless of the behavior by members of each group.

The board’s decision requires that “the state’s 24 school systems track data to ensure that minority and special education students are not unduly affected by suspensions, expulsions and other disciplinary measures,” said a July 25 Washington Post report.

“Disparities would have to be reduced within a year and eliminated within three years,” according to the Post.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theroguelion

I know the "use the search button" faction will be along soon, this has been posted before. But its so unbelievable, it should be posted daily. Maybe that way we'd be so enraged we'd actually do something.

When will we stop seeing people as a COLOR? When will we stop comparing people by race or ethnicity????

When we do, and we realize we are all just people....the world will be a better place.

S&F

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
my bad. guess this should be deleted then. Im new to this site. didnt know there was a search button

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

No matter what a person's race is...should not matter at all. The school children are all human beings and belong to the human race.

If one of them does something wrong at school...they should be delt with on an individual basis...and disciplined.

I do agree with the point that depending on what was done wrong...the same discipline should be given to all...if what was done wrong...was the same thing.

edit on 2-8-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Don't worry about it! It happens, we all do it. No problem.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

This is not institutionalized racism. There is no question that at-risk youth tend to be from single-parent households, often African-American in decent. If the US government is targeting a certain group it is not because they are "black" or because they are "white" but because they and their family fit certain stringent criteria regarding income, education, and potential.

Ultimately these cases may be conducted on an individual home-to-home basis or through schools and neighbourhoods. In Canada an "all-black" school was announced and while I disagree with the premise I cannot disagree with such schools offering breakfast programs etc to help kids who would have otherwise had no breakfast. Please try to empathize with education crisis before creating a charged title accusing the US president of backing racism in schools.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Since when does equality = racism, OP?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
Since when does equality = racism, OP?

Well said. You pretty much encapsulated my post in one sentence.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You have to go back to the 1940's and 50's to understand what is going on. TPTB were forced into the Civil Rights era kicking and screaming. If this passes, you will see Caucasians getting expulsion or severe penalties for minor things, while black students will get away with murder, and other minorities a little less so.

If you actually read what they are talking about is, racial distribution of punishment. If one black kid gets expelled one white kid must be expelled. Doesn't matter what crime/ rule was broken.

So if one black kid was expelled for bringing a gun to school, one white kid must be expelled, doesn't matter if he or she was late for class, spoke during class or simply forgot a home work assignment.

That is what this is about.

new topics

top topics

join