It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Enter Nuke Facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here

Nuclear operations were temporarily halted Wednesday at a Tennessee complex that stores and processes uranium after three protesters, including a nun, were able to intrude into a high-security area over the weekend.

Excuse me but shouldn't this be a case of shoot first and ask questions later???

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

They got arrested.

Security forces = One. Protesters = Nun

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I'd expect to be shot if they came upon me and a protest group where these people were and we either surprised them...or made stupid moves once found. I wouldn't expect them to look us in the eyes, see we were not a threat and then gun us down anyway.

If this had been jihad Johnny going to 'get some', I'm SURE we'd be reading about the tragic death of xx people in an attempted attack on the facility. Even America doesn't gun down nuns and unarmed protesters unless that unarmed part is in real legitimate question tho.

Yikes... You wouldn't have wanted to see them shot for getting that far, would you?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Ouch, you would advocate shooting a nun?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yikes... You wouldn't have wanted to see them shot for getting that far, would you?

There are some things you just don't. Especially after 911.

So now if jihad jon dresses like a nun our security forces will think twice?? Bad practice.
They didn't just climb the fence at the White House this was a nuke facility.

Shoot'em it will teach them a lesson.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Here

Nuclear operations were temporarily halted Wednesday at a Tennessee complex that stores and processes uranium after three protesters, including a nun, were able to intrude into a high-security area over the weekend.

Excuse me but shouldn't this be a case of shoot first and ask questions later???

It is pretty scary when three civilians can just stroll into a high security area.. now imagine they weren't three protesters but three suicide bombers..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
reply to post by samkent

Ouch, you would advocate shooting a nun?

It sounds extreme.. but even I would advocate that.. not because she's a nun but because you have three people strolling into a high security area.. if they had malicious intent then it could be a disaster .. like I said, imagine three suicide bombers strolling in .. you don't do that... marching into a high security nuke facility is begging to be shot.. it's moronic and absolutely irresponsible ...

The facility needs to have warning signs saying that use of deadly force is authorized beyond this point..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by samkent

I'd expect to be shot if they came upon me and a protest group where these people were and we either surprised them...or made stupid moves once found. I wouldn't expect them to look us in the eyes, see we were not a threat and then gun us down anyway.

If this had been jihad Johnny going to 'get some', I'm SURE we'd be reading about the tragic death of xx people in an attempted attack on the facility. Even America doesn't gun down nuns and unarmed protesters unless that unarmed part is in real legitimate question tho.

The bottom line is ... I don't care WHO you are.. you do not march into a high security nuke facility .. it's begging for disaster.. they are fortunate they didn't get shot in my opinion.. I understand what they were attempting to do and i'm all for freedom to protest... but don't cross into unauthorized high security areas in this day and age.. that's pure stupidity

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

maybe you dont blast first incase they are suicide bombers. blast the pack and watch the whole place blow up. i'd shoot a dirty pedo preist so i would have no problems shooting a nun trespassing on potentially life ending property.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

My favorite line from that article that made me lol when I read it:
"The protesters were found hanging banners in the dark and singing on Saturday and offering to break bread with the security guards at the Oak Ridge complex, officials said. They were arrested."

I would have no problem lighting a nun up either, in this situation anyway.
edit on 2-8-2012 by billy197300 because: add

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
reply to post by miniatus

maybe you dont blast first incase they are suicide bombers. blast the pack and watch the whole place blow up. i'd shoot a dirty pedo preist so i would have no problems shooting a nun trespassing on potentially life ending property.

It's a sticky situation .. you do risk hitting the explosives even though that probably wouldn't detonate them to be honest.. the bigger question is HOW they could have gotten that far.. that brings into question the whole security situation for these facilities.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Protesting is one thing, but breaking into a nuclear facility is another thing entirely.
You just don't **** with nuclear facilities.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I'll assume you aren't among those who are upset over variations of police abuse and the use of authority to violate citizen's rights. Surely you couldn't be and nor could anyone who would think they deserved anything more than an arrest once located. Perhaps they should do prison time.....but I'll be called mean and nasty to suggest that, I'll bet. Debating over the pros and cons of just shooting them on principle is better.

If the Nun made any sudden moves or stupid things once located? yes....put her down and one right between her teeth and out the back of her neck might hit the magic spot to turn her off like a light switch. SHORT of something to make themselves a threat beyond merely standing so deep inside a facility? Deadly Force would have been criminal and in this case, terribly tragic when the facts were known.

What is the debate about? We ought to celebrate the fact security used restraint, not be sorry they didn't blow these folks into ribbons. I can ONLY IMAGINE what the stories would be at ATS if the story had actually been covering the shooting death of an real life Nun who was simply a part of an unarmed protest group. Oh...that facility would have protesters coming daily for weeks or months!

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'll assume you aren't among those who are upset over variations of police abuse and the use of authority to violate citizen's rights.

Citizens do not have the right to break into a nuke facility. In this day and age you lose ALL RIGHTS when you do something like that.

I get the feeling you have sympathy because it was a nun and her cohorts.
What if this person was wearing a berka instead of a habit?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If they had M4 and More than 100 of them entered the Nuke facility ....

Tell me what happens

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yahoo news is reporting they cut through 4 fences.
And this is the only facility we have for weapons grade enriched uranium.

And

The targeted facility was built in 2010, Wyatt said. It is longer than a football field and was built with security in mind. Additionally, Y-12 employs more than 500 security officers.

Somebody has a lot of questions to answer.

top topics

join