It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Greer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Have you ever seen a helicopter fly over your place with a bank of fully light floodlights on one side? I have some military experience and know that that vehicle was on a special mission. It flew down the exact path of the orbs the night before and the exact time needed to disrupt a repeat performance. And then returned to its base (i'm somewhat assuming MacDill since it has a lot of special ops stuff) along the same route it came by.

Oh. Any the lights went on as it approached us and the lights turned out as it was leaving the area.

edit on 8/2/2012 by fah0436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
An insider in a discipline loosely associated with the subject matter of this forum told me years ago that Mr Greer was a charlatan. The fact that Greer is turning up the heat to raise money may mean that things are coming to a head for the good Doctor in that he wants a well stuffed parachute before he pulls the rip cord for good.

There is a slim possibility we may be wrong,
but we'll let this play out to see where it goes.
Even if he is a charlatan
he did do a lot of good in the early days to raise the profile of Disclosure.

I personally don't really care about what a particular individuals peculiarities are
as long as they bring something good to the table

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I truly experience mind-boggling moments when I try and comprehend how a person can tell such blatant whoppers and still look at himself in the mirror.

Greer suffers from more than greed...there's some kind of extremely sick pathology going on there as well.

One of the things I spent a lot of time studying are those who do not possess a conscience. Without a conscience you can, lie, con people out of money etc and still look yourself in the mirror with a self-satisfied smile due to how many you have used for your own ends. It's a win and just business. The predators just love gullible people to pray on and infest the 'useful places' such as metal health forums and places where there are those who want to believe and do so without evidence. Set up business, pick the right targets... Having an open believing mind means you could be open to the 'demons' in our society, having an open but sceptical mind doesn't.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

As schuyler has pointed out, you paid several hundred $ to be convinced of an experience.

Even if you went for free, you were primed and open to deception, suggestion, and influence.

Your 'experience' is a false misleading suggested memory given extra significance by the time, location, and your own susceptibility to being programmed into believing something was going to happen.

Go to a Native American Rain Dance ceremony. If for some reason it happens to rain some time that day, you'll be predisposed to believe the rain dance was the cause. If it doesn't rain, then, you still got a good show of a beautiful traditional ceremony.

The same principle applies with these UFO shows. You're primed to expect something, and when something happens of the least little bit of tiny significance, your preconditioning and suggestibility gives added significance to it, where some of the show is rigged by planted actors in the group to add and reinforce the suggestibility of the gullible marks that have paid money.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

I remember watching a programme about the power of suggestion in the field of the 'paranormal'. People really did create their own experiences. I have seen many pictures with 'orbs' in them, my own pictures featuring myself and family in churches, pubs etc.

I love the ET hypothesis and I liked Greer at first. He has lost credibility, if he really wanted to get stuff out in the open and he had all of this proof he would show it.

I have seen lots of pictures of so called 'alien' babies usually they show an infant suffering from Harlequin-type ichthyosis or some other disorder. If he were posing with a baby in that condition my rather low opinion of his conduct would be severely lowered.

The guy was supported by a Rothschild and has done little to actually change the attitude of people to UFO or ET since his truly inspiring start.

He seems to have been 'managed' or 'turned' or was always supposed to be a carrot and stick distraction/hoaxer who has now turned many away from the field.

If Greer really has all of the proof and info he claims why not just give it to the public? He raised enough from conferences to live on, he could have shown the stuff there.

I have NO faith in Greer, I don't really like him either.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

If you're right and it was a trick, why wasn't the trick better? Why didn't I see a metallic saucer shaped object descend and land and 'beings' come out of it?

And of course get photos and audio recordings?

That's what most people would hope for and expect on a UFO outing.

You seem to think there is no end to the trickery that could be employed, right?

Like maybe operation BlueBeam??? If Greer is just a front for the Illuminati, why not go all the way!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436
reply to post by CiAlice

Yes. It was Marco Island. March 10, 2011.

Whatever you paid, you got a great vacation for your money.

I have sat with a few folks who report quite clearly on their experiences there, similar to yours. I was invited to the April 2012 contact.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

Sorry, I decided to reply even though this is not aimed at me

If you're right and it was a trick, why wasn't the trick better? Why didn't I see a metallic saucer shaped object descend and land and 'beings' come out of it?

Two reasons.

He didn't have to, You believed it, plus your mind is powerful but not enough to produce that kind of illusion.

It would cost lots of money to produce the effects you mention and a possibility of failure of equipment which would show him up.

I would like to add, I don't know what the spheres are and did not experience what you did and I sound like I don't believe there could have been anything to it. Sorry about that. What I mean to say is that what ever happened, it didn't have anything to do with Greer other than you were more open to it at that time. You could have had the same experience wether he was there or not.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Threegirls because: to add another point

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by fah0436

As schuyler has pointed out, you paid several hundred $ to be convinced of an experience. Even if you went for free, you were primed and open to deception, suggestion, and influence.

Or in my case, skepticism, intrigue and discovery.

Your 'experience' is a false misleading suggested memory given extra significance by the time, location, and your own susceptibility to being programmed into believing something was going to happen.

No talking to you, I see. You have the psychology, sociology ("Greer is a sociopath") and reality of the situation neatly wrapped up in your Ball Of Knowledge.

Biased much?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

And of course get photos and audio recordings?

Your mind was too powerful and overwhelmed all electrical devices.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

There are limits to the powers of suggestion and a person's susceptibility to influence and programming.
If Greer could reliably convince people that they did indeed see saucer craft landing with people coming out to party around the camp fire, he would.
Since he can't, he has to rely on what tricks of the trade he's availed of.

Besides that, he doesn't HAVE to make extremely convincing displays. Everyone that pays for these UFO shows pees their pants in ecstasy over the very slightest of possibility.
You're a fully dyed in the wool converted praise the lard Greer let me hear a halleluja convert with just a little tickle on your skin mixed in with some show-craft con-game suggestion techniques.

You paid money, and you came away a believer. Why would anyone want to work harder to make a more convincing show when you're already sold and preaching the gospel like a good little programmed robot zombie that might come back and pay even more money while possibly even bringing friends that will also pay money?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

And no one was within 50 feet of me for my beach experience. So to do that, Greer got 3 invisible guys to walk across the water toward me? And used some kind of invisible electric device to tingle me? And why didn't he capture that on both audio and video? Would have been easy enough!

Are you afraid that ET's and ED's may be real?
You're just making up excuses with no real facts or evidence to back it up.
While I do have facts and evidence that has not been dis proven.

So three invisible guys walked on water toward you at night and you call that a "fact"? Or is that "evidence"?

Where is this evidence now? Only one place: In your head. It's a personal experience.

Look, this thread shouldn't devolve into a bunch of people ragging on your story. Unfortunately your story isn't really very good. As a personal narrative I'm sure it is faithfully told by you, but orbs, helicopters, and invisible people walking on water do not prove aliens. It's not evidence, and your relating your story does not constitute fact. But it's your story and by God, you're sticking to it and that's fine. Thanks for sharing.

Your defense of Greer is another issue. It doesn't make much sense. You keep insisting an ER/MD job would be easier than what he is doing, therefore why isn't he doing it? Many of us have pointed out an ER/MD job is NOT easy, but you keep insisting it is. On what basis? You don't say. You just keep repeating your assertion. We have pointed out that a single email netted him $250K in a few days. You seem to be ignoring that, yet proof (real proof) has been presented right here.

Your arguments amount to a dead horse we keep beating. It's not helping Greer. You are not helping Greer. You are obviously infatuated with the Cult of Greer, but you've got us in a bit of a rut here, Frank. We need to move on. We need to be done discussing your personal experience here, because this is not about you. Why not start your own thread on it? Then it can be ALL about you. And whether or not Greer could have a decent life as an ER/MD is kind of a moot point, isn't it? Because he's not doing it. We're discussing what he IS doing.

The issue on the table is the "Problem with Greer," which is supposed to be a sober discussion of the issues (plural) with Greer and why he is held in such low regard by everyone except his cult members.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Besides that, he doesn't HAVE to make extremely convincing displays. Everyone that pays for these UFO shows pees their pants in ecstasy over the very slightest of possibility.

That's blatantly untrue. I will chock it up to your extreme reaction to this thread instead of childish generalization and overindulgence in social extrapolation.

You paid money, and you came away a believer. Why would anyone want to work harder to make a more convincing show when you're already sold and preaching the gospel like a good little programmed robot zombie that might come back and pay even more money while possibly even bringing friends that will also pay money?

You've launched yourself into the Twilight Zone now.

Hon, take a deep breath and think for a moment. Why are you posting this thread? Is it not to "get the word out on the fraud Greer?" If you truly believe that the world is in peril, your goal should be to convince everyone that something is afoot, and that they need to take action.

So far, all you have done is insult and harass the very people you need to convince. If you can make a well reasoned, compelling case, you can convince others of the situation and we, in turn, will spread the word. Now stop derailing this thread and bring something to the table other than bluster and wild imaginations.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I've been a UFO believer since i read Betty and Barney Hill's story in the 60s. And my Air Force experience in the 70's. And my intelligence work with the CIA, NRO and others in the rest of my life. I KNOW they are here. And i KNOW we have a lot of stuff that is similar to their technology.

The experience was much more that I hoped for.

You still haven't provided me with any EVIDENCE that what i saw, heard and felt was 'wrong' or 'incorrect'.
Or how each one of the different tricks could have been REASONABLY done.
I'll let you skip the photo i have of the orbs.
But please provide details on how my beach experience or the helicopter experience was faked.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Have you ever seen a helicopter fly over your place with a bank of fully light floodlights on one side? I have some military experience and know that that vehicle was on a special mission. It flew down the exact path of the orbs the night before and the exact time needed to disrupt a repeat performance. And then returned to its base (i'm somewhat assuming MacDill since it has a lot of special ops stuff) along the same route it came by.

Oh. Any the lights went on as it approached us and the lights turned out as it was leaving the area.

You keep mentioning the *show* was at night. You also mentioned, only ONE helicopter flew over during a whole week on the beach. It was at night. What makes you think it was indeed a *military* chopper. I rented a chopper for an hour one time, it cost me $300.00 included pilot. If I, or you, anyone can rent a chopper...why can't Greer,as part of his money making *show*....rent a chopper.

Des

edit on 2-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls

He didn't have to, You believed it, plus your mind is powerful but not enough to produce that kind of illusion.

It would cost lots of money to produce the effects you mention and a possibility of failure of equipment which would show him up.

Probably.

Originally posted by Threegirls I would like to add, I don't know what the spheres are and did not experience what you did and I sound like I don't believe there could have been anything to it. Sorry about that. What I mean to say is that what ever happened, it didn't have anything to do with Greer other than you were more open to it at that time. You could have had the same experience wether he was there or not.

Hm.

Rather severe and completely unsustainable statement, is it not? You should be safe, how could one ever challenge such a giant leap of occurrence?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You still haven't provided me with any EVIDENCE that what i saw, heard and felt was 'wrong' or 'incorrect'.
Or how each one of the different tricks could have been REASONABLY done.
I'll let you skip the photo i have of the orbs.
But please provide details on how my beach experience or the helicopter experience was faked.

OK.

1. Helicopter experience: Conclusion? You saw a helicopter. What does that have to do with UFOs or aliens?

2. Beach experience: No one was within 50 feet of you. You have no witnesses. No one here is required to provide evidence that this did not happen to you. YOU are required to provide evidence that it did. You can't do that. You didn't even see anything. What does it have to do with UFOs or aliens?

You can't go anywhere with this, Fred. Move on.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

It is true I never saw the orbs in the sky with my own eyes. Nobody else did either. They only showed up on the photo which had either a long duration exposure and/or an infrared filter but I am not certain.

For this reason I can consider this a photographic trick but still leaning toward it being real as other UFO investigators say IR is needed to catch decent images.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

True I don't have all the evidence I would like.
But that doesn't absolve you of the responsibility of providing a logical reasonable explanation to what I think I saw.
So once again, how could those tricks be done???
Still waiting!!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Based upon the theory of 6 degrees of separation
(Six degrees of separation is the theory that anyone on the planet can be connected to any other person on the planet through a chain of acquaintances that has no more than five intermediaries)

Surely Greer or one of his connections could use this to get access to a professional camera crew which a few scientists and pop alone to one of these locations and settle this once and for all.

We know this is possible because of his highly placed so called connections, therefore he don't even need 6 degrees. So why all the book sales and pending movies. Just go up there, come back show a 15 sec teaser slot to a major network and job done, disclosure, fame, money, name written in history blah blah blah.

Surely it's not that difficult...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join