It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Greer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436
reply to post by Destinyone

He'd have a far more decant and easier lifestyle as an ER physician than trying to get people to cough up money to see UFO's.

So there goes your theory.

That's YOUR theory and, indeed, I suspect most people would agree with you. But is it really true? Imagine for a minute what life in the ER would be like. Sure, you make a lot of money, but does that afford you a decent life, really? The ER is manned 24x7. You're unlikely to have a 9-5 job at the ER. Your stress level has to be high. You're dealing with death every day, injuries, trauma, heartache, a lot of it intentionally caused. You must be "on" at all times. You can't make a mistake. You must be fast. You make life and death decisions. If you screw up, people die. You're in the midst of blood, vomit, other bodily fluids, pain and grief. If you are in a supervisory position, as apparently Greer was, you have management issues with personnel, hospital politics. and inevitable committee meetings. The whole place is a pressure cooker.

Sure, you make a lot of money, and from our standpoint, most of us are not really rich. We see someone making $200K and we think that is so much money that we can't even imagine it. It isn't, really. You can own a home and drive whatever kind of car you want. You won't be worrying if you have enough to buy groceries, but you won't be buying yachts with that kind of money either. Unless you are single and frugal, it's not enough. So I challenge the idea that being an ER physician affords you an "easy" lifestyle.

And it begs the question.

What if Greer already has money? He'll tell you that he has had to scrape and sacrifice by quitting the ER, but, frankly, I don't believe anything he says is credible. Others will tell you he did well in real estate. Having money, a good deal of it, is not that unusual. A death of a parent can make someone a multi-millionaire overnight. We don't know, of course, but given the absence of evidence, one theory is just as good as another. It is entirely possible that to Greer, doing the ER/MD thing did NOT afford him a decent lifestyle and he may not have needed such a job at all.

So I wouldn't be so quick to say "There goes your theory." just because you have another one. It may be yours that is gone. None of us know for certain.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Nope, but not bad. In mine, the orbs are in color - different colors. And they appear to be in a rough line with definite boundaries between them and the black sky. And you can see plenty of stars in the sky.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

I'll wager you're more a victim of programmed expectation, and psychological manipulation through some rather easily applied applications of hypnotic or near hypnotic suggestion coupled with some other technical side-show techniques in using doctored cameras, social peer influence with actor plants within your group, and other similar control methods employed by self proclaimed seers, fake yogis, sooth sayers, gypsies, stage magicians, street magicians, circus performers, and other likes over countless centuries in the employ and practice of the art of entertainment through misdirection, and suspension of disbelief to gullible marks.

I'll wager the show was so good, you'd pay him again, possibly even more than the first time if you could.
He's got a good game.

I can guarantee, were you to objectively film every single outing, you'd see a certain set of familiar faces in every single group posing as regular participants, who are actually in the employ of Greer as unseen assistants that the actual paid participants will accept as peers, leaving themselves open to the manipulation of social peer influence and suggestion by these plants.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I could maybe agree with some of the things your saying. He does have some 'groupies' and they do tend to be under his spell a lot.

But none of what you propose can explain my experience on the beach where no one was within fifty feet of me. Nor the picture. Nor the helicopter.

And while I enjoyed it immensely, I would not do it again because I don't think I could ever had a better experience.
And no, I am not financially supporting his movie effort either.

edit on 8/2/2012 by fah0436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

He'd have a far more decant and easier lifestyle as an ER physician than trying to get people to cough up money to see UFO's.

So there goes your theory.

There's nothing easier than sitting at your computer and watching the hundreds of thousands of dollars roll in.

He collected all that money for doing nothing.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by torsion

In other words, he's a sociopath.

Yeah, I said it.

Can we please quit the cod psychology? , Greer is not a sociopath , he's a pathological liar, probably with narcissistic and covetous tendencies ...

Is this non-cod psychology?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

Let me put it more simply:

1. Your experience was a LIE. You never had it. You were given the suggestion without knowing it, and have been programmed through subtle manipulation to believe completely in something that didn't happen.

2. Military helicopter just says that Greer knows the spot, and that Greer knows that military helicopters will come, because when then come, since they come all the time, even when people are not there, it will give the show more credibility.

3. Doctored camera. It's easy to doctor a camera to make special effects.

#3 is part of the suggestion routine involved with #1 in implanting and programming you with false memory suggestions where you later, like now, are utterly convinced of a truth that did not occur.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

If he has the money, why is he wasting time doing all this very hard work??? Spending all his time trying to convince skeptics? Or teaching people how to attract ET's??? Why didn't he just retire???

Have you ever run a bussiness? Or tried to get people to give you money?

There are much easier ways of making money, like having a steady job as an ER physician!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

Did you see these colored orbs with your eyes, or later on in the photo?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

ER Physician is one of the higher stress jobs on the planet with long grueling hours, lots of time on call, tons of emergencies, people die, it's hard to have a personal life.

Making up stories and fooling people into giving money = lots of time off. Groupies. Sex with groupies. Money for doing pretty much absolutely nothing. More time off. More money. More sex with groupies. Party party party.

Why would a nuclear physicist give up a job as a nuclear physicist to spend the next 30-something years lecturing on the UFO circuit? I'm talking about Stanton Friedman. Less work + more money, lots of travel, and groupies, though I find groupies in Stanton Friedman's case a stretch.

The UFO circus is a lucrative business to get into. People never get tired of throwing gratuitous amounts of money at all the UFO charlatans, and when they do, a whole new group of willing converts comes along with more money.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiAlice

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by torsion

In other words, he's a sociopath.

Yeah, I said it.

Can we please quit the cod psychology? , Greer is not a sociopath , he's a pathological liar, probably with narcissistic and covetous tendencies ...

Is this non-cod psychology?

Greer is proven liar, sees himself as the font of all knowledge/keeper of the great secrets and asks and expects others to pay for his research, you tell me whether it's cod psychology? Now, you might argue he has more of a messianic complex than that of a narcissist however, given the way he "leads from the front" as it were, I strongly suspect Greer is more narcissistic in expression.

This much I can say about Greer, if he tried to pull what he does in the USA in most of Western Europe, trading standards at least and quite probably, the fraud squad, would be on his case.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

1. Then I guess I'm crazy. Or everyone else is. or everyone is. Don't want to get into a philosophical discussion of what is real. I know what I heard, saw and felt in the third dimension.

2. It was Greers first outing at that particular site. He wouldn't have known any patterns. And there was no pattern. We where there a whole week. Military copter only flew by once the whole week. And it happened just as we got to our standard beach location. Would have been quite a feat of timing.

3. I would think it's pretty hard to doctor something in the field on a sandy and windy beach. And I haven't even begun to discuss other supporting technical evidence including audio and video recorders that were going also.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

1. Then I guess I'm crazy. Or everyone else is. or everyone is. Don't want to get into a philosophical discussion of what is real. I know what I heard, saw and fell in the third dimension.

2. It was Greers first outing at that particular site. He wouldn't have known any patterns. And there was no pattern. We where there a whole week. Military copter only flew by once.

3. I would think it's pretty hard to doctor something in the field on a sandy and windy beach. And I haven't even begun to discuss other supporting technical evidence including audio and video recorders that were going also.

Was this Marco Island by any chance? I am conversant on this particular Greer exercise.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If he has the money, why is he wasting time doing all this very hard work??? Spending all his time trying to convince skeptics? Or teaching people how to attract ET's??? Why didn't he just retire???

There are much easier ways of making money, like having a steady job as an ER physician!

errr...that's why they call it *running* a business. You don't just kick the ball once and expect it to keep rolling. In order to *run* the business, he must continue doing ET blowouts on the beaches, selling videos, books, and sending out beg-a-thon newsletters with ridiculous claims to keep *running* his business. His business is making money...do you see now....

Des

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CiAlice

Yes. It was Marco Island. March 10, 2011.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

Everything was prepared in advance.
Lenses on camera can be switched out in seconds.
Even if in all actuality it was Greer's first time at that location, he had good intel that the site had military flybys.
Everything was set up in advance.
It was a show, like any other show or stage production, rehearsed, planned, prepared, staged, and then enacted.

A good rolling show with a decent crew can set up anywhere at a moment's notice and make it all look natural, unplanned, unrehearsed, and use everything else in whatever environment to the advantage of the show.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Greer is proven liar, sees himself as the font of all knowledge/keeper of the great secrets and asks and expects others to pay for his research, you tell me whether it's cod psychology?

Back off, Bucko. Neither you nor I am an expert in any psychology.

Now, you might argue he has more of a messianic complex than that of a narcissist however, given the way he "leads from the front" as it were, I strongly suspect Greer is more narcissistic in expression.

I would argue no such nonsense since I know my limitations in the field of Internet-based psychological diagnosis.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No. I don't see now. You're supposition is that he needs to do all this to make money. I submit that there are far easier ways of making money that starting a UFO business. You haven't given any reason for starting such a business other that to make money. Don't you think he would do much better just continuing to be a ER doctor?

Who ELSE do you know that the have the courage and guts to abandon a high paying ER Physician job and start a UFO business? Makes no sense at all to me, unless you have a secret inner drive compelling you to do so.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

There you go again making assumptions about money. You persist in claiming that money is the only motivator here. If you had a lot of money wouldn;t you still be doing something? What's hard about it? Why should he retire when he can rake in $250K just by sending out an email? Yes, I have run a business, a sole propritership for over 20 years. Thanks for asking. I maintain an ER physician is not an "easy" way to make money. You may think so, but that does not make it so. Why spend a year in a high stress ER making $200K when you can make more than that by sending out an email? No brainer.

Look, you paid the man several hundred dollars to go camping at night, a time when humans are sensor-weakened. You can't see well. Your hearing plays tricks on you. And you are easily fooled. You saw some orbs? So? Greer has already been caught playing with a green laser pointing it at people from behind a tree. (It's in one of these threads somewhere). I'm not impressed with orbs. Cameras can "do orbs" for a variety of reasons. You saw a helicopter. So, again. You're not saying it was piloted by aliens, are you? So what's the big deal about a helicopter? They fly over my house on a nearly daily basis, and they're often MILITARY (Oh, no!) And you heard some footfalls, but didn't see anything.

You describe a tingling sensation. In other words, you're describing your physical reaction to what you think you saw or heard. Frankly, the experience was weak. You say you saw some orbs in the dark while in the company of a guy who puts on light shows to "vector in" UFOs. Not very strong. You say you heard footfalls in the water but didn't see anything. Not very strong and really doesn't make sense. Was this an invisible jesus walking on water? What have you got there? Reading your description I'm not seeing much worthy of note here. It's not like you shook hands with an alien. Sounds to me like you have overstated your case.

And you paid Greer several hundred dollars for this experience. I surely wouldn't want to admit that I had been duped were I in your shoes. I'd have about $800 reasons to believe what I saw was significant.
edit on 8/2/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No. Sorry your wrong. No staged show on a cold sandy windy beach at night.

And no one was within 50 feet of me for my beach experience. So to do that, Greer got 3 invisible guys to walk across the water toward me? And used some kind of invisible electric device to tingle me? And why didn't he capture that on both audio and video? Would have been easy enough!

Are you afraid that ET's and ED's may be real?
You're just making up excuses with no real facts or evidence to back it up.
While I do have facts and evidence that has not been dis proven.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join