It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Greer

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436
reply to post by torsion

The photo was taken by one of Greer's staff, not by me which is why there is no digital copy.

All the red, orange and yellow dots are the orbs. The hotels are to the south as can easily be seen on google. The camera was aimed west. You can prove this from the mangrove and the outer islands which are visible on the photo and google. Also. if they were hotel lights or lights from any structure they would be aligned and similar in appearance, which is obviously not the case.

The fact that the photo was taken by a CSETI staff member pretty much seals it doom for me. I'm confident that you have been duped.

I still maintain that the orange "orbs" are the hotels. I'd say the camera was deliberately put on the incorrect settings for the lighting condition to create the blurred effect. This ensures that any prosaic object will be out of focus and unclear. The CSETI staff can then insist the fuzzy blur is of extraterrestrial origin.

Here's a composite of your photo with a view of the hotels I believe are the "orbs".

Obviously the photos aren't taken from the exact location and direction but they are close enough. When overlayed the match of the buildings and the "orbs" satisfies me.

The fact that you didn't see the objects and a staff member took the photo should make you extremely suspicious, too. I'd demand a refund!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't see how you can determine much from a photo that is not the original. Fah scanned a printed copy to get it online. It's gone from "original" to "print" to "scanned" to "upoaded." The original information is long gone. There is no relevant EXIF data.

Torsion: Excellent work. The "orbs" are lights from the hotels. Why couldn't you see them with the naked eye, but could see them with the camera? Because the naked eye is better at filtering at night. Taking a picture at night with an automatic camera is problematical at best. It "sees" a lot of darkness, opens up the lens as wide as possible to compensate, increases the exposure time (causing blurring) and over-exposes the lights that are there, resulting in "orbs," which are over exposed lights from the hotels.

We have well established that fah and I (and some others) have different ideas about his experiences.

When Fah describes his experiences, he sees them as awesome.
When I read of his experiences, I see them as mundane.
Fah thinks we owe him an explanation of why his "awesome" experiences are mundane.
I think Fah owes us an explanation of why his mundane experiences are awesome.

Well, Fah, Torsion just knocked your orbs out of the park.

The one thing we lack compared to Fah is context, and with Greer, it's all about context. Here's Fah in an unfamiliar location at night when his senses aren't working as well as they do in the daytime. Fah has paid significant money to be there and he expects to see something awesome. He's already read and seen a lot about Greer and has ample background to what Greer believes. Now he is with the Great Man himself and Greer sets about weaving his tales around the campfire (perhaps not literally) as shamans have done for tens of thousands of years.

Greer talks about co-location and remote viewing. He describes angelic beings and "cloaked" spaceships you can't see. He describes a world of peace and plenty, one of infinte energy and no pollution, a Heaven on Earth that will last for thousands of years, and it's going to happen Real Soon Now. Greer invites the group to meditation, so everyone closes their eyes and begins to see faint outlines of alien heads. Greer is mesmerizing. He is preaching a sermon, creating a hypnagogic state, and Fah believes!

Lots of religions resort to these sorts of tricks. If you ever get a chance, visit the Vatican. When you enter St. Peter's Basillica, you will be in awe. Even if you're an atheist, you will say, "My God!" because the place is so completely awesome and overwhelming. It was designed to make a believer out of you. They admit this openly. The Tour Director will tell you the Church needed converts. And it worked.

The Shakers used to dance themselves into orgasmic ecstasy. Some Pentacostal sects use snakes. Others use music, sometimes very beautiful music in syncopated beats that put the congregation into a feeling of oneness with the Universe. All over the world religious rituals are used to give the attendees an awesome experience, one in which they believe and Praise the Lord.

Greer is no different. He sets the context so that you can believe mundane experiences are awesome.

edit on 8/10/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
To those who admire Dr. Greer.

Ignore the naysayers.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatTeats

Ignore the naysayers.

You do realize that "Ignore" is the root of "Ignorance"?

Thought you might benefit from that little jewel of knowledge.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatTeats

Ignore the naysayers.

Kat, ye speaketh the words of the wise.

You are so right about Dr Greer - he is being used by "the NWO, Illuminati, or puppet masters etc", I personally think that he has been deceived by them and that he truly believes that he has been in contact with aliens - (and he probably has had these experiences, only it was with demonic forces which we fully do not understand yet). ALREADY! Millions of people have known all this information.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtPain

So...you are saying...the devil made him do it...he can use that as a future excuse...I guess...

Des

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So the NWO is using him to make a profit? Because all I see is him making dollars off of gullible people.

I can't see how that fits the NWO's agenda, but then again, I don't claim to have the answers.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Buttpain lol

I like the way you think. I like your avatar. I like Dr. Greer. I like to think that this thread should be in the HOAX bin for a reason.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

Great photos and those orbs! WOW!

I can attest to there not being any orbs on Marco Island, FL since my BF has a condo there. Then we don't go out at night...if you catch my meaning.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RenalFailure

For curiosities sake. What is your definition of an *orb*, in the context of this thread, of course. TIA

Des

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenalFailure
reply to post by fah0436

Great photos and those orbs! WOW!

I can attest to there not being any orbs on Marco Island, FL since my BF has a condo there. Then we don't go out at night...if you catch my meaning.

Naughty grrls turn me on.

I have seen orbs and I have seen orbs and those are definitely orbs; possibly.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You are so right about Dr Greer - he is being used by "the NWO, Illuminati, or puppet masters etc", I personally think that he has been deceived by them and that he truly believes that he has been in contact with aliens - (and he probably has had these experiences, only it was with demonic forces which we fully do not understand yet). ALREADY! Millions of people have known all this information.

There is a long and consistent history of people who would agree with your statement. One thing is for sure. Neither the NWO, TPTB or Steven Greer give a flying fook what ATS has to say about anything Greer related.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Im not a Greer fan by any stretch, but i thought the 2001 conference he done was amazing. How come nothing came of it? Was every testimony proved as fraudulent? Sadly he just sees pound signs now. I just think because of his quite bizarre claims since 01, he seems to of lost his "connections" now. Mentally and otherwise....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

You do realize that "Ignore" is the root of "Ignorance"?

No, I thought Igno was. Thanks for the completely useless information.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

If you think those photos are similar, than it doesn't take much to please you.

In the actual orb photo, you can see the islands just off the beach to the west as well as the mangrove,
NEITHER of these appear in the Hotel shot which was aimed SOUTH.

And as I've said before, the line of orbs looks nothing like the shape of the Hotels.
And the lights on the hotels are white. Do the orbs look white to you?

edit on 8/10/2012 by fah0436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436
reply to post by torsion

In the actual orb photo, you can see the islands just off the beach to the west as well as the mangrove,
NEITHER of these appear in the Hotel shot which was aimed SOUTH.

fah0436 - I have to agree with you. In all fairness, the photo with the Hotels is not the same direction or position as the orb photo. I went to the google map address you provided and searched around. I also looked for other Tiger Tail Beach photos online to see what the different angles might be. I hope folks will re-evaluate this as it is fairly obvious with a bit of research that these lights are not from the hotels.

Thank you for sharing this photo, fah0436 - it's very unique. And while it not being the hotel lights doesn't really say what it IS (they are), I do think you have had a very interesting experience - not mundane at all! I think you are being very honest and truthful with what you are presenting here - people will interpret your experience in whatever way they will.

Your photo does give credence to you having attended a CSETI event, and whatever the red line of orbs are, they are not hotel lights. As with all "grey area" experiences, it is near impossible to "prove" to anyone who wasn't there, or who doesn't personally know you and your integrity. And while I don't know you personally, I think you have been courageous in standing up for yourself here. You have my respect for that alone.

peace,
AB

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yep, torsion has done some GREAT work here, but the alleged "orbs" appear too high in the photo to be the hotel lights, barring a double exposure and moving the camera.

That's not to say they aren't faked, but the photo comparison doesn't seem to be the answer. If we're gonna "debunk" someone, our evidence shouldn't be sloppy.

I am curious to see if anyone can find other pics taken at Greer events. That might be telling and suggest a "how." I looked a little with no luck, but I'll try a more in-depth search.

One possibility that might be overlooked here, too, is the high strangeness and absurdity factors that seem to follow some contactees closely.

Whether "mind constructs" or preternatural, there does seem to be events around some of these folk that aren't easily explainable in concrete terms.

Greer could easily fit into the category of what might be called a "manipulated fraudster."

For those still thirsty for a continued look at mystery, I highly recommend The Trickster and the Paranormal by George P. Hansen.

The Kindle addition is a lot cheaper and was actually formatted well: The Trickster at Amazon.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Beeyootifully spoken.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Plausible, probable, no, but plausible.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Thanks AB!
Glad some people around here have some common sense and can add 1+1 and get 2!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join