It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Greer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

In other words, he's a sociopath.

Yeah, I said it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Originally posted by ottozia
reply to post by schuyler

I wait in great anticipation.

You might be waiting a while. Not sure how many Greer supporters ATS has.

-SAP-

There used to be quite a few. The evidence they presented was usually quotes from Greers Hidden Truth book. It was kind of like listening to a scientologist quoting Hubbard. Clink on the link in my post above to sample some of their delights.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I wait in great anticipation.

You might be waiting a while. Not sure how many Greer supporters ATS has.

-SAP-

There used to be quite a few. The evidence they presented was usually quotes from Greers Hidden Truth book. It was kind of like listening to a scientologist quoting Hubbard. Clink on the link in my post above to sample some of their delights.

Might be worth it for the entertainment value.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What happened to the Greer thread from last night?

Anyway, like I said before the problem isn't with Greer, it's the people that keep giving him money.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
What happened to the Greer thread from last night?

Anyway, like I said before the problem isn't with Greer, it's the people that keep giving him money.

Please read THIS.
edit on August 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I think it would be interesting if someone from his school days would chime in with an insight into his character. In all these years, I haven't seen (I've looked) anyone describe knowing him at school or as an alleged MD. Given his fame and notoriety, the absence of a past is regrettable.

Current salaries for MDs run from around $170, 000 and up. Assuming he was an MD and that he had prospects, he'd be on a lot more now if he'd stayed on the medical path.

It's clear from his activities pre-dating the Disclosure Project that he leant towards unethical practise and was driven by a narcissism that still shines out. The way he tried to leverage himself as the central, directing presence of the Rockefeller 'best evidence' UFO report is evidence of a shady character and someone who has an instinct for self-promotion and exploiting others.

I once worked out (a response to Jeremy Vaeni) he potentially could pull in over half a million a year just by going out 'vectoring aliens' with his LED torches. As is typical for Greer, the victims have to sign non-disclosure agreements beforehand and buy his CSETI books.

That's a lot of *motivation* and yet I wonder why he ditched the career and respectability for what must only have been a sniff of money-making potential in the mid-90s. The gamble has paid off more than guys like Otis Carr achieved.

Intriguingly...his wiki page has ditched the MD section and I had to go back to 2010 in their edit pages to find the references to his academic history. It's a long time ago, but I remember his wiki linking to another wiki page that listed him amongst the alumni of a university. I wonder where that has gone and why?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Therefore, any Greer-A-Thon threads (including his recent Beg-A-Thon that was posted, now trashed) will be trashed.

Is this not a Greer-A-Thon thread? Do we really need another thread about Greer's moth??

I am curious why the staff waited until AFTER Greer reached his Kickstarter goal to start enforcing this rule. There are multiple threads on the board that have been here for MONTHS that contain links to his Kickstarter page and Sirius site. The thread from last night didn't contain any links or any way of donating money to Greer.

edit on 2-8-2012 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I think GEL was refering to the image you used in your post...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I need to jump in here.

Greer was an Emergency Room physician before he got into UFO stuff. Anyone who thinks he got into it because of money is nuts.

He's done more for the UFO community that anyone I can think of.

I did do one of his UFO outings, and it was probably the most incredible night of my life. I have a picture of multicolored orbs lining up the whole sky, and my face is in the picture and was shown to me within 30 minutes of the picture being taken. If that was faked, someone did a great job.

Later on on the beach i heard multiple footsteps coming over the water converging directly on me. When they reached me, I was tingling all over, intensely. I really thought they might take me. BUt they didn't and the beings just seem to proceed up the beach and the tingling went away. I sure wish I had my audio recored going then. The closest person was 50 feet away.

And those UFO's in the picture weren't ours. The next night a military helicopter flew a disturbance type mission right along the light of where the orbs were the night before. So the orbs weren't ours and "we" the U.S. Government knew all about the orbs. Further proof the picture was valid.

And that night was quiet. A number of the group (not just Greer) were getting telepathic messages that the ET's were busy elsewhere. We found out later where the were. That was the night of the Fukishima tsunami.

And I have seen the picture of him holding the alien baby, something else pretty hard to fake.

But i do have a major disagreement with Greer regarding all aliens being "good". Maybe all higher dimensional aliens are good, but the Annunaki can't be good as almost all the other new age researchers say since they are the cause of most of our problems.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

As I don't want to read any more of what I already know about Greer, may I suggest that we do not post any more sarcastic remarks at Greer, but ask the believers of the Greer road show to come forth and present their evidence in support of him, just in case we have missed something.

That's kind of why I did this post. I was all set to jump in there as sarcastic as anyone and say, "That's no alien! It's a coyote with mange!" in reference to chupacabra stories that always turn out to be sick coyotes. But I read that OP's plea for a civil discussion and thought it deserved a sober reply. I hadn't seen that thread as a solicitation until hindsight, so I was going to post there until it disappeared.

Of course the issue is exacerbated by Greer's annoying personal characteristics. Yes, he's muscled and takes every opportunity to take his shirt off. That shows narcissism and people react negatively to it, which I think is a big source of the sarcasm directed his way. He's also just annoying. One of his favorite rhetorical tricks is to say something like this:

"I was contacted by a high level source I can't name and they gave me this amazing [insert something here]. I wish I could show it to you, but I just can't." I'll bet he uses that phrase in nearly all his lectures now. It's part of the allure. Greer has a SECRET. He's part of the in-crowd! He clearly enjoys being the center of attention, getting applause. Someone posted a picture of him in a "relaxed" setting a few weeks ago. He has a glass of wine and is surrounded by several very attractive young women. He has this big smile on his face. And you can just see it. He enjoys being a chick magnet. The head of a cult has his choice, as it has been since the beginning of the species.

Originally I puzzled how he could leave the life and pay of being a doctor in the ER for a life on the circuit. In thinking it through, though, what do you think life in the ER is like? I think it is extremely stressful. And if this thing is lucrative, or if he happens to have family money of some sort, I think "doing energy work" with attractive women and indulging in a career in Exopolitics just might be a more attractive life than dealing with gunshot wounds, trauma, and acute illness in a busy emergency room. I believe I read somewhere that he has daughters (plural) and managed to send them to private colleges, so the man is not without resources. Whether he got them through charging for camp outs, real estate, or inheritance we simply do not know. But the point is that from OUR standpoint it would be nuts to leave a lucrative career that took years of education, from HIS standpoint it might not be.

Here is some somewhat old information on Greer from the now defunct UFO Watchdog. Some of the links to Greer's sites no longer work, which is telling in itself. Disclosure: I personally worked on this site for awhile as an editor. Most of the Greer information was written by Royce Myers, who has now "archived" the site.
edit on 8/2/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
He's a good business man. He makes a lot of money from idiots, much like McDonalds.

These kind of charlatans have existed for thousands of years, ancient history is full of them. The people who believe him are stupid, not him.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

And, he sorely counts on you, and 1,000s of other followers like you, to maintain his decadent lifestyle.

Just sayin'....

Des

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
He's a good business man. He makes a lot of money from idiots, much like McDonalds.

These kind of charlatans have existed for thousands of years, ancient history is full of them. The people who believe him are stupid, not him.

Idiots following and believing idiots, great world we live in eh?

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

He'd have a far more decant and easier lifestyle as an ER physician than trying to get people to cough up money to see UFO's.

So there goes your theory.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by torsion

In other words, he's a sociopath.

Yeah, I said it.

Can we please quit the cod psychology? , Greer is not a sociopath , he's a pathological liar, probably with narcissistic and covetous tendencies Greer is far more akin to the TV Evangelists than anyone else. You should be a tad more circumspect with your labels as to label Greer with the term sociopath, is to pretty much label the whole of the USA as a society built on the "ethic" of, "Never give a sucker an even break"

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436
I have a picture of multicolored orbs lining up the whole sky, and my face is in the picture and was shown to me within 30 minutes of the picture being taken. If that was faked, someone did a great job.

Care to share this image with us?

You could blank out your face should you desire privacy.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436

He'd have a far more decant and easier lifestyle as an ER physician than trying to get people to cough up money to see UFO's.

So there goes your theory.

May I have some definitive proof of what you are saying? I can see your point of view, seeing as you've spent your hard earned money on him. But, just because you spent big bucks on Greer, doesn't make him right in what he presents as truth and fact.

I personally believe, based on your post defending him. That pic he gave you 30 mins after it was taken...was, yep...*doctored*....

Des

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

I thought everyone that attended Greer's events had to sign some kind of secrecy clause, is that not true?

Pretty much puts paid to him claiming to want disclosure if he keeps his ET/UFO meeting events completely secret.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And the military helicopter that flew right down the line of orbs was a figment of our imagination too???

And my experience on the beach???

And as part of the Disclosure project he's gotten hundreds of credible witnesses including AIr Force officers and pilots to come forward and tell their stories. Those people must also trust him!

I've provided some hard yet anecdotal evidence that he is not a complete fake.

I have yet to see substantial evidence from anyone else that he is a fake.

edit on 8/2/2012 by fah0436 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

My guess is it will look something like this one taken at the eceti ranch .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join