It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Greer

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiAlice
The tone was set by the Schuyler Dog himself.

Something tells me that you're probably a big David Wilcock fan too.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Personally, I don't see Fah0436's experience as relevant to your argument.

Personally, you have consistently refused to acknowledge any personal experiences with Greer as they do not feed your preconceived anti-Greer bias.

Imagine that.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiAlice
reply to post by Thaxter

So, my hat is off to Greer. In spite of his public failures, he has had great public successes and he refuses to give up! The SHEER VOLUME of mindless vitriol on this thread as well as the ignorant personal attacks on his character prove to me that Greer is on to something real and big.

A long jump to a conclusion. I suggest it has to do with the quality and character of the opposers, nothing less. These unabashed bastions of zealot-like disdain - swatting these monstrous mosquitoes seems to be the most immediate remedy at hand, draining the swamp from within which they flourish is the only way to solve this problem permanently.

Most of them are "legend worshipers" who live to die at the forefeet of the Schuyler Dog. Without realizing they are swarming at the wrong end.

After looking at all your posts on this thread I can see that you have not contributed one thing to it. ALL your posts are like this, accusatory ad hominem attacks against the posters with zero original content. You have not disproven anything others have contributed. Why you choose to support the Cult of Greer, nobody knows. But these posts of yours are basiically useless trolls. You seem to be enamored with yourself. No one else is.

Now, to someone earlier who asked how Greer could have convinced hundeds of witnesses to come forward for the Disclosure Project? I think you misunderstand the issue. Those of us who have followed Greer's shenanigans over the years have NEVER suggested the dozens (not hundreds, thank you) of witnesses were all pathological liars. Some of them are very good and credible witnesses telling truthful stories. Some of them have been subsequently discredited, but overall I think the majority of them are telling what they think they saw, such that it is. We've never said UFOs don't exist. It's just that Greer has proven himself a leech on Ufology.

At the time, back in 2001, Greer was not really that well known. He certainly was not well known in UFO circles. As far back as 1999 he was making incredible claims, but his audience was small. He had not yet claimed. he had held an alien baby or that he had a zero point energy device in his possession. In fact, I don't see many people holding the press conference against him. But the fact is Greer has always exaggerated what has been said. He used Edgar Mitchell to the point that Mitchell severed all ties with him.

In other words, his character has come out over time. Many people have reported being initially impressed with Greer, and subsequently disappointed. Not everyone attending his sessions is as enamored as some here. Here's a review of his first book, "Extraterrestrial Contact' (1999) that shows the typical arc of feeling of people who were initially impressed.

For those people who "believe in Mothra" I don't think there is much that can be done. Unless someone can get to these people and knock them silly or put them through a de-programming course, they will stay hypnotized like a scientologist or fundamentalist believer in Jesus. To people who say they are reserving judgment on Greer, I think you need to ask only one thing:

Where's the beef?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Further, you might want to consider that Dr. Greer is indeed a doctor, and might just know a thing or two regarding these very simple hints of methods for controlling people I've linked above.

I wonder, on these CSETI excursions at any point during the excursion, especially early in the excursion is there a time where everyone drinks the same thing? Gets water, or some other drink out of a cooler? Has access to 'free' drink refreshments tossed in as part of the

Wrong again dru.
Everybody brought their own food and drink to the beach.

You just don't give up. A true troll.
And if Greer had been doing this, don't you think he would have been caught by now?

Your the one in the delusional world. Unable to take anybody's story as true or factual unless it fits your world view.
You sure can't deny ignorance.

So what are you doing here?
Oops. Sorry. I guess that was a rhetorical question.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Then again, you're an expert on Applied Psychology as it pertains to influence and cognitive/behavioral modification of subjects in social situations, so, who am I to argue with you?
Oh, wait, you don't have have a degree, concentration, or experience in applied psychology?

Speaking of which, do you?

There are of course other ways to control people through suggestion, through neurolingusitic programming, and many other methods.

And isn't NLP *cough* BS? Trade one BS belief for another. And guess what, you still have BS.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Although this is a dull subject to a person that has been thorougly introduced, re-introduced and introcuded again to Greer's abhorrent behavior. It's actually nice to see that someone were actually willing to handle all the unpleasant facts regarding this slimy creature whose name is Steven M. Greer. It's nice to finally have a thread dedicated to a factual representation of what he has been doing (gathering money from gullible and susceptible people), but mostly about what he has not been doing(providing a free energy device due to lack of monetary funds).

Thank you, and I hope this will enlighten anyone that would want to support this charlatan and promote and perpetuate the continuation of his fraudulent activities.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436

Wrong again dru.
Everybody brought their own food and drink to the beach.

You just don't give up. A true troll.
And if Greer had been doing this, don't you think he would have been caught by now?

Your the one in the delusional world. Unable to take anybody's story as true or factual unless it fits your world view.
You sure can't deny ignorance.

So what are you doing here?
Oops. Sorry. I guess that was a rhetorical question.

Pardon me, but, I'd like to ask you to please look at that post again.
Did that post say that Greer absolutely without a doubt controlled the beach subjects through method X?
No.
The post does, however, describe a few possibilities.

Please also consider the general preconditioning and openness to suggestion regarding the focal subject of Aliens and UFOs present in the social consciousness of the group gathered.

Had anyone attempted to implement control suggestions regarding Bigfoot, or the Lochness Monster, chances are, since such suggestions would have been out of context with the general social consciousness and focus of the collective desire of those involved, such suggestions of Bigfoot and Lochness Monster would have failed.
However, considering that the group was there for aliens and UFOs, they were open to such suggestions, and when/where such was appropriate according each participant's own preconceptions, such suggestibility was allowed, accepted, and even embraced.

In a sense, some of it is self-sabotage, or self fulfilling prophecy largely based on a subject's own personal desires and preconceptions.
A subject wants to believe and wants to have an experience, and so they do.

Someone's skin got all tingly? Ah, yes, it MUST be invisible aliens.

edit on 4-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

No, I don't think all the witnesses he assembled in 2001 were frauds. Some were and the rest had been on record before he started. Has he retained their support? Are any of these people supporting him still? Why doesn't he include them in his yearly adventures in raising capital and appearing on the low-bar conference circuit?

World peace? Is he really promoting that? We're in more trouble than I thought when people are pinning their hopes on a man who claims to have more encounters with ET than the evidence can support.

No, Greer doesn't cost me a penny either. It's the same way as people sending money to e-mail fraudsters...doesn't cost me a penny. The difference there is that people funding Greer have high hopes and honest dreams. They aren't after making money or screwing others. So as much as his business costs me nothing, it's not something that others should spend their money on. Standing aside or defending him makes you complicit with his exploitation of people who don't know any better.

@ CiAlice - Yawn.

Go fetch some evidence that contradicts the premise that Greer is a fraudster selling BS.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

It's nice to finally have a thread dedicated to a factual representation of what he [Greer] has been doing.

"One hears many things, my Lord. Which among them is the truth is not clear. "

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CiAlice

If that truly is a quotation from Harry Potter (I had to search it on google to verify), it is not telling me much. I've not seen the movies and I don't get the pop-culture reference, sorry.

In your quotation of my post, it seems you left out some important parts, let's just quote the whole thing for healthy measure:

It's nice to finally have a thread dedicated to a factual representation of what he has been doing (gathering money from gullible and susceptible people), but mostly about what he has not been doing(providing a free energy device due to lack of monetary funds).

edit on 4/8/12 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

"They aren't after making money or screwing others. So as much as his business costs me nothing, it's not something that others should spend their money on. Standing aside or defending him makes you complicit with his exploitation of people who don't know any better."

How is crowd sourcing a film that will be released to billions of people over the internet somehow exploitative? Greer wants the world to know that the real secret is not UFOs or space aliens, but that a powerful cabal of elites have been suppressing for decades free energy technologies that would create mass abundance for everyone, clean the environment, and end wars for oil. How is this not related to the betterment of the world and world peace? WHY do you think so many billions of dollars are spent in funding wars? Do you think it might have something to do with oil?

No one is forcing you or me to fund Greer's film, but I'm grateful it is now fully funded and that he's tirelessly committed to exposing the real fraudsters who continue to bilk the world's populations by rigging oil prices and forcing people to pay exorbitant amounts of money to merely lead decent lives. I submit that it is those who degrade Greer's vision to create a world where free energy is abundantly available to all are in fact complicit in exploiting the world's people.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

You are only imagining that Dru said that. This is actually an elaborate hoax by Dru, and you have fallen for it. You were the victim of a clever staging on the part of Dru, who actually had the power to make you believe that what Dru said was real. You are refusing to believe that what Dru said is actually untrue, because you are just believing what you want to believe.

You are deceived. You have been ripped off. You are not heard. You are not even human. Your experience is ludicrous.

Is this the correct use of the second person to which you refer?

Yes, it is the correct usage of the second person. Of course the statements are all false. The simple fact of the matter is that Dru was pointing out that Greer uses exactly the same psychological techniques that are used by spirit mediums. Greer holds alien seances. He takes people who are inclined to interpret experiences as supernatural, isolates them from skeptics who might give off "bad vibes" by remaining objective, sets an appropriately eerie atmosphere, and, perhaps with the collusion of accomplices, sets his marks' imaginations running wild. The experiences are very real and vivid, but they are extremely subjective and play to the experiencer's confirmation bias. This is not a reflection on the mark's intelligence or humanity. Conan Doyle was taken in by fairy photographs.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

You're deflecting again.

He's just reaped a stack of dollars for no effort.

How about we agree to revisit this subject in 6 months?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Thaxter

Go fetch some evidence that contradicts the premise that Greer is a fraudster selling BS.

There is plenty of evidence if you care to look.
There is my story embedded throughout this thread.
And here is another audio description of the same outing by Greer and a close friend that I vouch for and agree with because I was there.
www.youtube.com...

And there is plenty of other data on Greer.

Of course you have to have a reasonably open mind, which not to many on this thread seem to have.

But it is not up to me or others to disprove he is a fraud. It is your responsibility to supply evidence he is a fraud.

And I have seen no real evidence, just minor mistakes.

Is anyone on the board or for that matter the world doing as much for either the UFO subject or Free Energy as Greer?

So before you dis him, why don't you take a crack at what he is trying to do!
THEN you can dis him all you want!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thaxter

No one is forcing you or me to fund Greer's film, but I'm grateful it is now fully funded and that he's tirelessly committed to exposing the real fraudsters who continue to bilk the world's populations by rigging oil prices and forcing people to pay exorbitant amounts of money to merely lead decent lives. I submit that it is those who degrade Greer's vision to create a world where free energy is abundantly available to all are in fact complicit in exploiting the world's people.

It's a noble cause. It truly is. And Greer is not the only one who claims there is such a thing as a Zero Point Energy Device. In fact, Greer has claimed to have one "in development" for years. He has solicited funds for this development several times. He also says it's small and fairly simple. he also says he spent $100K on a dune buggy which runs on water. That's also very cool. Think of it! Fill your "gas" tank with water and kiss the oil companies good bye. Someone who could pull this off would be a hero for all time!

So where are these marvelous technologies that violate the Laws of Physics as we know them? Greer has been talking about them nearly as long as he has been talking about UFOs. Why doesn't he simply post the plans and let all those unemployed geeky engineers start tinkering? THAT'S crowd sourcing. If he wants to save the world surely he doesn't need money to do it. Just give it away. Make it Open Source. Put a Creative Commons License on it and let's get going!

Instead he wants $250K to make a movie about it.

Where's the beef?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Thaxter

Yes, it is the correct usage of the second person. Of course the statements are all false. The simple fact of the matter is that Dru was pointing out that Greer uses exactly the same psychological techniques that are used by spirit mediums. Greer holds alien seances. He takes people who are inclined to interpret experiences as supernatural, isolates them from skeptics who might give off "bad vibes" by remaining objective, sets an appropriately eerie atmosphere, and, perhaps with the collusion of accomplices, sets his marks' imaginations running wild. The experiences are very real and vivid, but they are extremely subjective and play to the experiencer's confirmation bias. This is not a reflection on the mark's intelligence or humanity. Conan Doyle was taken in by fairy photographs.

I was there. You were not.
There were skeptics. And far far too many strange things happened on the beach, on the water and in the sky that could not possibly be staged on a public beach patrolled 24/7 by park rangers.

You just have a closed mind and think that everything in our 3D world can be explained by our 3D science.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

People are just so critical nowdays, and they have a right to be. I dont discredit greer in any way, nor do I worship him. If he has the facts, he will present them when it is time.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join