It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Aims to Apply Its Touch to the Senate GOP - We need 61 GOP Senators

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
reply to post by nunyadammm

I think my favorite line is:

We will move away from the Fiscal Cliff instead of going over it.

How can they do this when the deadline for this "Fiscal Cliff" is January 1, 2013.

Do they really think they can get into office before the end of the year and still have time to pass a bunch of new laws to make any effect. The Republicans in the House of Representatives have not been able to pass much more than gas for the past two years. (Or atleast that is what it sounded like to me)

To avoid the - Fiscal Cliff - we just need to extend the Bush Tax cuts.

Our future is very bright.

------------
You see we actually have a plan to restore America.

Obama has -- no plan -- and he can't run on his record.

He has been reduced to sick and disgusting negative ads that are just getting him

into more trouble. This will be an ugly chapter in the Obama Legacy.

I'm not the only one complaining. Listen to Chris Matthews from CNBC.

What is Obamas Plan ?????????????????????????????????????

Why doesn't Obama enjoy the company of democrats in congress ??

edit on 9-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I simply do not understand.

The Tea Party is the GOP. The GOP is the Tea Party. So really all this says is that the GOP is attempting to get as many seats in the Senate as possible. How is this different from any other time? Democrats do it every election cycle. Republicans do it every election cycle. They try to get as many seats in the House and Senate as possible.

This would be different in some way if the Tea Party was it's own party, as many envisioned it to become at it's inception, but that never happened. The Tea Party was co-opted by the Republicans and since that time, they have been nothing more than the Republican Party. You can dress a pig up in anything you want, but it's still going to be a pig. So weather you call them the "Tea Party" or the "Republicans"- they are still the GOP. They are the same thing. They have the same members. Is Sarah Palin a Tea Party member? No, she is a registered Republican. She was a Republican Vice Presidential Nominee. She is a part of the GOP.

So it simply amazes me how people throw around the term "Tea Party" as if it were some new party standing for something new when in fact they are not. They are the Republican Party, they stand for the same things Republicans have been standing for. They follow the same platform.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I simply do not understand.

The Tea Party is the GOP. The GOP is the Tea Party. So really all this says is that the GOP is attempting to get as many seats in the Senate as possible. How is this different from any other time? Democrats do it every election cycle. Republicans do it every election cycle. They try to get as many seats in the House and Senate as possible.

This would be different in some way if the Tea Party was it's own party, as many envisioned it to become at it's inception, but that never happened. The Tea Party was co-opted by the Republicans and since that time, they have been nothing more than the Republican Party. You can dress a pig up in anything you want, but it's still going to be a pig. So weather you call them the "Tea Party" or the "Republicans"- they are still the GOP. They are the same thing. They have the same members. Is Sarah Palin a Tea Party member? No, she is a registered Republican. She was a Republican Vice Presidential Nominee. She is a part of the GOP.

So it simply amazes me how people throw around the term "Tea Party" as if it were some new party standing for something new when in fact they are not. They are the Republican Party, they stand for the same things Republicans have been standing for. They follow the same platform.

Well, not exactly.

The GOP members were - big spenders - during the President George W. Bush 8 years.

The Tea Party is bringing - Fiscal Discipline - to Washington DC.

A few Republicans tried to - wine and dine - (corrupt) a few Tea Party members when they

arrived in Washington DC after the November 2010 - shellacking -.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

O K ! tell me how ---

Just how can you "extend the Bush tax cuts" after they expire ???

To do anything like this you would have to start over with a new tax cut bill. ( oh wait - you knew that, right?)

So what else would you like to do the first day after the election, but before the inauguration ???

This is the only way to "extend " anything. After this first of the year a new administration will have to start all over.

If nothing else think about the possiblities of what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

O K ! tell me how ---

Just how can you "extend the Bush tax cuts" after they expire ???

To do anything like this you would have to start over with a new tax cut bill. ( oh wait - you knew that, right?)

So what else would you like to do the first day after the election, but before the inauguration ???

This is the only way to "extend " anything. After this first of the year a new administration will have to start all over.

If nothing else think about the possiblities of what you are saying.

Well, didn't Obama already go down this road with President Bill Clinton stepping in

to save the day? Remember ???

Obama called the democrats a bunch of sanctimonious fools and the republicans

a bunch of hostage takers!

Quick! Somebody speed dial President Bill Clinton ! Heeeeeeeeeeres Bubba!

They can compromise just like they did before.

Well now. That wasn't so hard now was it?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Well, not exactly.

Well yes exactly. Show me one Tea Party Candidate who is not a registered Republican.

The GOP members were - big spenders - during the President George W. Bush 8 years.

The GOP were not always big spenders. Just because one changes a habit, does not change what one is. I used to be a big spender too, then I stopped spending, but I am still Mr Wendal.

The Tea Party is bringing - Fiscal Discipline - to Washington DC.

Really? and how is that working out? I still see useless spending. Nothing has changed. Stop kidding yourself. Stop listening to the rhetoric and actually look at the results.

A few Republicans tried to - wine and dine - (corrupt) a few Tea Party members when they
arrived in Washington DC after the November 2010 - shellacking -.

Again- stop kidding yourself. The Tea Party was hijacked the moment Gingrich, Palin, and the rest of the GOP establishment types aligned themselves with a movement that was well on it's way to becoming a 3rd real option for voters. The moment the establishment was embraced, the "party" became corrupt and this is evidenced by the results- not the lip service.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

The decision was made to - kick the can down the road - until the November 2012

election. The Tea Party will be in a better position to accomplish its - mission -

when we have control over the White House and the U.S. Senate.

- Mission to be Accomplished -

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

They can compromise just like they did before.

Please explain how "they" have to compromise to anyone ??

Well, I really don't expect much of an answer. I am about tired of playing dodgeball.

This guy does not know how to give a straight answer to a ligitimate question.

I can understand now why most of those who have ever had any dealings with these Tea Party types, simply write them off as a bunch of crazies.

I think I had forgotten what my mother told me about arguing with a fool.

She said,"Son if you ever start to argue with a fool, it won't be long before there are two fools in that arguement."

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

election. The Tea Party will be in a better position to accomplish its - mission -

Optimistic thinking.... nothing wrong with that, yet you must understand that to someone like me, I consider it to be nothing but lip service.

Let me use Obama as an example. When campaigning he said he would "bring the troops home" so people assume that means anti war. It didn't. He pulled troops from Iraq, added them to Afghanistan, increased operations in Sudan and other parts of Africa, intervened in Libya through NATO, added more troops to surround Iran via Navy and appears poised to intervene directly in Syria. I do not think that defines "bringing our troops home". I can use a Republican example if you like as well. Remember the words, "Read my lips! No new taxes!"

That aside, none of what you say does anything to change the fact (and it is a fact) that the Tea Party is just an arm of the Republican Party. They are still the GOP. They are married to the GOP. Every single "Tea Party" Candidate is a Republican Candidate. I asked you in my earlier post show me one Tea Party Candidate who is not a registered Republican.... you can not do that. Why is that? Because they are all Republicans, that's why.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I guess Earth is quite some distance from you?
The Republicans kicked the can down the road for 8 years.
Obama grabbed the can and finally started paying for it.
The TEA party cries that he is spending too much money - paying for Bush's can.
So how is the TEA party going to deal with the can?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Our mission goals are very clear.

Yes I am sure.
As I and others already asked, what is the PLAN.

PLAN

We got your #ing goals. We asked about the plan.
This is two questions I have asked you that you cannot even begin to answer in a coherent fashion.
Can you read?
Are you doing this on purpose?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I think my favorite line is:

We will move away from the Fiscal Cliff instead of going over it.

How can they do this when the deadline for this "Fiscal Cliff" is January 1, 2013.

Do they really think they can get into office before the end of the year and still have time to pass a bunch of new laws to make any effect. The Republicans in the House of Representatives have not been able to pass much more than gas for the past two years. (Or atleast that is what it sounded like to me)

I guess he believes in magic all the way around. Not only are they going to magically achieve all kinds of goals without so much as a plan but they are also going to swoop into office and save the country in a day or two.
Of course, all the TEA party folks elected so far have just increased spending but facts and Eurisko seem to hate each other.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

- Approve the Keystone Pipeline

So you approve of the government stealing private property and displacing the owners for a few temporary jobs to move oil from Canada to the Gulf where it will be exported at no great profit to America?
How is that conservative?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The reason we are in so much trouble to begin with?
What are you on?
Holy crap.
They have done nothing but further the wealth gap. Created NO JOBS. #ed up the economy.
You must be a joke that is just not very funny.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

There are sooooo many people just sitting on cash and credit. There are sooooo many large corporations sitting on cash and credit waiting for the adults to take over the government, with some economic 101 understanding.

I'm middle-class, all I'm buying is bottled water, food, and stockpiling for the collapse that this administration has made inevitable. We need some hope and change that the Tea Party candidates, that aren't sold out to their corporate interests will bring.

If the old administration stays intact. I've got a personal financial plan to do with the collapse that will happen. So do many other people.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I was surprised someone on this thread actually mentioned something about "economics 101".

I caught a part of one of the "talking heads shows" last nite. On it an "economics expert" mentioned just how lower taxes would increase business and jobs. I thought that was the reason given for the tax cuts in 2001. I am still waiting on these jobs. Now we are told we need to do the same thing to generate more jobs.

Had anyone ever considered why the major corps. are just sitting on their money?

It's because they only pay taxes on the profits they make. For the last several years, taxes have been low and profits high. This has given them a lot of extra cash. If they had to pay the same tax rates as in the 1950"s, they would be forced to invest a large portion of this money to save the rest from the higher taxes. This will generate jobs, for their own plants and those plants which make the machinery they use. This will put more money in more pockets and increase the demand for the products they make.

This is "economics 101". There will be a slight rise in inflation as things begin to grow, but this is normal and will lessen with a little time.

This country needs a higher tax rate to push the major corps into this position. At the same time these tax rates could include incentives to bring manufacturing plants back to the US, where they belong.

I am at an age where I am ready to retire. I have paid into S.S. since I began working at 14. I can't help but wonder who will be working and making their contrbutions to S.S. a few years from now. There is little doubt we will still have people, like myself, who have paid into the system and will rightfully expect to be able to draw out from their payments.

Social Security is NOT a "welfare" program. It IS repayment on the investments made as a person works for most of their lives. I also can't help but wonder if tthose who work for the various govermental agentcies are elligible for S.S. of do they simply depend on the retirement programs they pay into which has been negotiated by their various unions. What will they fall back on if these pension plans are distrupted like many politicians want to do?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

- Approve the Keystone Pipeline

So you approve of the government stealing private property and displacing the owners for a few temporary jobs to move oil from Canada to the Gulf where it will be exported at no great profit to America?
How is that conservative?

It's better to get our oil from - our friends - in Canada than from an unstable middle east.

- Common Sense -

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

There are sooooo many people just sitting on cash and credit. There are sooooo many large corporations sitting on cash and credit waiting for the adults to take over the government, with some economic 101 understanding.

I'm middle-class, all I'm buying is bottled water, food, and stockpiling for the collapse that this administration has made inevitable. We need some hope and change that the Tea Party candidates, that aren't sold out to their corporate interests will bring.

If the old administration stays intact. I've got a personal financial plan to do with the collapse that will happen. So do many other people.

Good point. Right now we have a bunch of - clueless - academics in charge who have

handed us - stagnation -.

When the adults take over the government (Tea Party), then growth will return to the

U.S. economy. I see a GDP growth rate of about 7% in 2013.

- Peace and Prosperity will replace Arrogance and $$$ Trillion Deficits -

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

The reason we are in so much trouble to begin with?
What are you on?
Holy crap.
They have done nothing but further the wealth gap. Created NO JOBS. #ed up the economy.
You must be a joke that is just not very funny.

You should watch the Sunday talk shows Fox News Sunday, Meet the Press etc.

- Everybody - dems and republicans - agree - that if we don't extend all of the Bush Tax Cuts

then we will fall back into a recession. There is a Ernst & Young study that backs them up.

All you have to do is read it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I find it quite sickening to see so many teathugs on ATS.... I thought we were "enlightened" enough to not have these closed-minded, cruel, un-American brats on this site.....makes for a few interesting exchanges...but, it still makes me sick....your "agenda" was co-opted by the Kochs years ago...and, that you don't even know it, is scary.....too bad Jill Stein, of the Green Party can't win....but I'm voting for her anyway.....I hope the tea thuglicans disappear........before they do any more damage....that group is the most un-Christianlike group I have ever seen...(next to Westborough Baptist).....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join