It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 - Whats this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just looking around area 51 and this is probably been submitted before:

Copy and paste this into google maps: 37.246363,-115.82344

It appears to be a office block, it looks very cool with it triangular appearance but there's no car park anywhere near it.

Surely a building that big with offices must have a car park.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yep that towers been covered before at ATS. I think it's to test radar signatures was what the final verdict was. They also have neat photos of it taken from the side so you can get a better view of what it looks like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Then lo, it must indeed be an office block, or similar establishment in which people engage in stationery-related duties, and its triangular appearance must invite the inquisitiveness and speculations of peasants and fellow countrymen of Nevada.

I shall consult Google Earth at haste, and feast mine eyes upon the spectacle of which you speak.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My guess is it's an observation tower. It's kind of in the right place for that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnyelland1234
Just looking around area 51 and this is probably been submitted before:

Copy and paste this into google maps: 37.246363,-115.82344

It appears to be a office block, it looks very cool with it triangular appearance but there's no car park anywhere near it.

Surely a building that big with offices must have a car park.

There's also a few other things that could explain it ..

1. A majority of employees working at area 51 are bussed in, another large percent are flown in .. so no need for cars..
2. Area 51 purportedly has a large underground area for parking and getting around.. I don't know if that's true, just one of the things I've heard reported
3. Transporters ...jk

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Can't open a new thread myself yet, so I'm doing it like this. It wouldn't be a problem I hope?

It's probably nothing, but I can't figure out what this is:

37.233694,-115.814744

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Atheos

Large aircraft fuselage with the wings removed. Looks to be a C-130 or similar aircraft.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Thought it was something like that! Thanks for your reply!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
There are only a few reasons to have a plane at a base without wings. One is for training cargo loading. I can't see Groom doing that. Some "burn" planes don't have wings, but this fuselage doesn't look toasty. I have seen old planes used for fuselage repair training. They put holes in the plane then patch them. I thought the plane I saw was shot up until someone explained it to me.

I think this is the cargo loading trainer at Mojave:
35.054616° -118.150531°

Incidentally, I haven't looked at Mojave on Google Earth in a while. This imagery looks like it came from aerial photography. You can see the F-4s sitting at BAE waiting for QF-4 conversion.

new topics

top topics

join