It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk about the NFL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here's something new to talk about in the midst of the NFL season..

Is football scripted?

Sure, I know what you're thinking.. it can't possibly be scripted, the guys fight too hard for the win and if it was scripted, someone would have leaked it by now... but

I was watching the traditional rivalry of the Cleveland Browns and the Pittsburg Steelers today and got to talking to with my father about this very subject. We noticed a trend in the reporting of the game. My father being an avid Browns football fan had on video the past 12 pittsburg/cleveland games and before I knew it, we were watching old re-runs of the rivalry instead of watching the browns lose (again) to the steelers.

We started each game at the beginning and paid attention to the sportcasters words. Everytime the steelers beat the browns, the sportcasters were talking up the steelers. Everything from their super offense/defense, down to every play. And in the same breathe, talking down the Browns. From the very beginning of the game mind you..

Then we watched the games that the Browns won, and it was exactly the same.. the casters were pumping up the browns, and bashing the steelers, regardless of which team was better/worse.

I believe it spells out more of a coincedence..

Now I'm not saying the scores/performance is scripted, but perhaps the outcomes. Ever watch last minute 'comebacks' that seem to easy? Ever watch a team get steamrolled when they're projected to win?

Ever notice, no matter how great a team is, they rarely see the superbowl 2 years in a row?

How do you keep an entire nation watching their favorite teams every season? Mix it up. You have a team with an avid fan fare that stands by their team no matter the outcome, they rarely make the playoffs. When you have a team that struggles and the fans are fed up, they mysteriously get "good".

What do you think? Is the NFL scripted to keep us entertained? Or is the odd coincidences just part of footballs mystery?

(I'm also trying to steer the convorsations away from the usual political mummble jumble)

[edit on 10/10/2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sure...
The refs are all fake, the injuries are fake, one coach being good while another sucks is all fake. It's been scripted for close to 100 years, and will continue to be so for another hundred or so [/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Aside from you totally missing what I had to say, I'll take your sarcasim with a grain of salt..

I never said the actual game is scripted. The players play hard and get hurt and the ref's call bad plays.

But that doesnt dismiss the fact that game outcomes could be scripted to keep attention/team pride in check and controlled.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Moved to chitchat? Hmmph, and I thought this was a conspiracy forum.. gg

I guess the notion that a huge corporation like the NFL could be scripting team outcomes isnt comparable to UFO's and the NWO.. shrug

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I could tell you that the games aren't scripted, but I'm a huge Steelers fan, so I'm a bit biased.

Don't feel too bad, though, because if the NFL is scripted, then how do you think Bill's fans feel?

Now the XFL, that's a different matter...

new topics

top topics

join