It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wizard clip and the Snarly yow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This phenomena occurred in the vicinity of Harpers Ferry West Va. and Md.areas. I have searched on ATS on any articles of the Wizard clip and the Snarly yow. There were no articles on wizard clip but Snarly yow turned this up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
What ever this is? and surely does not pertain to this post.

I’ll start with the wizard clip first (Yes I know, I could have made this into two post.)
www.wvencyclopedia.org...
www.olrl.org...

"One of the most wonderful manifestations of God's benevolence during the struggles of the primitive Church in these United States" – such is the impressive estimate of the learned Jesuit scholar, Father Joseph M. Finotti, concerning the extraordinary but little known spiritual drama which took place some 200 years ago near Martinsburg, West Virginia.

The above link is a bit Church bent, but I think the date given is closer to the true date, than the later link.

As an adult teen I spent a lot of time in Harpers Ferry, west,Va. There I encountered a historic plaque with the story of the wizard clip, needless to say I was fascinated with the story.

The Snarly Yow, this is a campfire favorite, I heard this as a young lad.
wesclark.com...

Around the turn of the century, a beast resembling a huge dog with large paws and an ugly red mouth was known to exist on South Mountain, east of Hagerstown, Md.

Hundreds of people saw the dog, and horses particularly were afraid of the strange animal. The dog suddenly would appear on the National Pike, now Alternate Route 40, blocking the road. Without inflicting any damage with its vicious-looking teeth, it would confront travellers, then disappear before astonished men and women. The Black Dog, or Snarly Yow, as the locals called it, seemed to have been relegated to old accounts and memoirs... until the beast was again seen by credible witnesses in the summer of 1975.

Hope you enjoy the post.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by laughingdog

Just wanted to add this link of the plaque. for the Snarly Yow.

img.groundspeak.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Very good finds thank you.
I enjoyed reading the Snarly Yow most.
It reminds me of an American version of "the hound of baskervilles".

As I scientist I know there is no physical proof of things we can't explain, but I do believe there is stuff out there.
I find it interesting that this Shadow Dog has not caused any physical harm other than what is inflicted by spooking a horse and the rider being thrown.
The fact that it snarls at people and runs from them means it's more than an echo.
It even throws up dirt as it runs, but can't be touched and doesn't touch people.
Curiouser and curiouser.

The Wizard clip was just confusing.
Why was it labeled "wizard" it just seemed to be a restless spirit nothing magical other than being a ghost.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
theres a lot of these "shadow dogs" here in the uk

A black dog is the name given to a being found primarily in the folklores of the British Isles. The black dog is essentially a nocturnal apparition, often said to be associated with the Devil, and its appearance was regarded as a portent of death. It is generally supposed to be larger than a normal dog, and often has large, glowing eyes.[1] It is often associated with electrical storms (such as Black Shuck's appearance at Bungay, Suffolk),[2] and also with crossroads, places of execution and ancient pathways.[1][3][4]

en.wikipedia.org...(ghost)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Thank you for the interest of this post.
The term "Wizard clip" refers to the poltergiste activity, the clipped clothing, sometimes in the shape of a crescent. Hence the name.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaithisFerenczy

When researching the Snarly yow, I came across lots of legends of "Black dogs" in the UK, Thank you for your contribution.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I get the "clip" was the cutting, it was referenced a few times in the story.

I'm just wondering why the word "wizard" is being used.

Wizard to me is a term used to describe a living entity.
The story was clearly a ghost story, and could even be labeled a poltergeist.
So why not call it "Ghost clip" or "poltergeist clip".

Just seems odd to me that the word wizard was used.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

I think the shape of the clippings gave rise to the name "Wizard" clip. That's what I am led to believe.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

I think the shape of the clippings gave rise to the name "Wizard" clip. That's what I am led to believe.
P.S.
Will post it here when I find that information.
edit on 13-8-2012 by laughingdog because: Post script

Sorry for the double post, MODs may remove if they see fit.
edit on 13-8-2012 by laughingdog because: cell phone goof up

new topics

top topics

join