It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks Skeptic!

I was fearing that the forum, with much research, might have been lost. I like your ideas & welcome civil debate, I think it's the the only way forward.

I apologize for using large quotes (I'm new) and hope I have not displayed any dis-pleasurable behavior.

cheers to the mods!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
this is rich nice job posters of ATS now the mods are handling this like a baws!
although some very good points have been raised as well that have merit
ether way its nice the mods and posters actully posting together
*looks to the horizon*
we gotta good thing here guys we gotta good thing
thank you

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
About 2 years ago I built a shrine to honor the 3 Amigos and I have prayed to it daily and offered beer bong sacrifices. Finally my prayers have been answered!
I kid, I couldnt pass up the chance to make a joke.

In all seriousness, I agree with some here that this is LONG overdue and I am very happy that not only has the staff taken notice but came up with an enforceable plan to address it. Will it work? That remains to be seen, but I would rather see something attempted and fail- than to see nothing done at all.

The 911 forum is one of the forums that brought me from lurker status to membership. Seeing what it has developed into today is ...simply put, sad. I stopped posting in that forum some time ago. From time to time I will find something that I have to reply to, but I quickly leave afterwards. There is simply very little true discussion anymore, it is the same people saying the same things, throwing around the same accusations and insults. If you dare to bring up an on topic point- it is quickly dismissed and/or ignored so that insultapalooza 2012 can continue.

The truly saddest part of it all is that BOTH sides are guilty. I am sure at some point, even I was guilty of jumping in the mud and rolling around with the other pigs. I think it is fair to say at some point in time or another, just about everyone who has participated in this forum is guilty. So if we do not like these changes, we really have no one to blame but ourselves. The truth is, no matter which forum it is, it will only be as good as the membership makes it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Bravo!

I rarely enter the 9/11 forum, the insanity that passes as intelligent debate there has repelled me like two magnets of the same polarity.

I'm bloody glad to see some common sense return.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I am glad you guys did not decide to just close the place down.I got tired of the endless name calling and whining that has bogged down the forum.Perhaps,we will get some great discussion going on here.I will say one thing though I expect to see a lot of "I'm leaving" posts on this thread just like we got back when y'all opened the US Political Madness forum.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by pianopraze
Seems like a huge double standard to ban people for pointing out the legitimate shills... I have rarely been to the 9/11 forum so I'm not sure if people are just yelling this for no reason in there, but all across ATS there are lots of obvious shills.. you can tell them, as you said, by the methods they employ in their posting.

Put your money where your mouth is. Let's see your evidence that there are paid shills here.

I first joined here because of a post on another site claiming this was the place to see good evidence for ufo's they I spotted the 9/11 forum and started posting.

This place is a great site and having look at other similar sites ( although none really are) this was the best set out with a great range of topics and people yes even the one I have clashed with (they know who they are
)
but there are to many who default the the conspiracy cliches against anyone who seems to go with the official side of things! You know shill. disinfo agent etc and do you know what I don't care if they call me that, sticks and stones spring to mind!

I tend to post on the forums that I have an interest in due to my experience and hobbies, so that tends to be the 9/11 forum (I have 30+ yrs in construction mostly on a technical side) and science tech/space exploration were my hobby of 30+ years in photography can be put to use.

The trouble with the internet is well the internet, everyone is an expert Do I think the planes brought them down YES based on what I know of construction and those buildings, do I believe everything ANY government says NO not everything.

I think also that if any member is given a warning and sent a message from a mod they should cut and paste the post into the message so you can see why they got a warning, I have been given warnings thats fair if you know exactly why you have, I have NO problem with that.

Now because of this the safest way to post is to not to reply to a poster but just post your view and thats going to get boring

So to all the members I have clashed with YOU know who you are lets all start afresh, so let battle sorry debate commence
edit on 3-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'd suggest that, if this new system doesn't add too much extra load on the mods and staff, it might be migrated over some of the other hot button areas, if not the entirety of the site excluding general offtopic.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
Interesting development.

I think this pretty much signals the end of a once useful website.

How much longer before the admins ban ALL unpopular opinion? How much longer before outright bans are handed out for ANY criticizing of Israel or anything deemed 'Anti-Semitic'?

What a fantastically absurd strawman argument.

First all drug discussion is summarily banned. Then any discussion that dissents from the 9/11 'official story' as dictated by those who have already made up their minds and are determined to force you to agree, is now banned as well.

You obviously didn't read SO's opening post here and seemingly have no idea whatsoever as to what you are talking about.

No one is dictating content - what we are pushing for is quality civilised discussion, not brain-dead schoolyard bickering, ranting, name calling and crass stupidity.

Now if you can't see that, and want to try and somehow make it into something else entirely, which it isn't - and frankly how on earth you reached that conclusion if you actually did read SO's OP here is beyond me - then maybe ATS isn't the place for you at all.

Is ATS now Big Brother? Why haven't you deleted that thread that brought up the connection ATS has with the NSA? Seems appropriate enough, now that this site openly derides the questioning of the status quo. What's left to discuss in regards to conspiracies, when you're faced with deletion and banning for refusing to accept whatever you're told here, by anonymous 'industry professionals' who have pull with the website admins, as they preach to you that your conspiracy theory is delusion (are we still on a conspiracy website?) on the left, and squash dissent mercilessly on the right?

ATS is not "Big Brother" - ATS is asking for people to discuss an issue in a civilised manner. How do you equate being civilised and discussing a subject in a sensible manner with some form of oppression?

The ATS/NSA thread to which you refer is utter rubbish. It keeps coming up and is usually banded about by detractors who wish to smear the site.

As for your wonderfully fabricated "industry professionals who have pull with the website admins" - thats just utter, utter rubbish.

Will you ban and delete me as well, for questioning your actions? Do you understand the definition of Fascism?

You're still here, as sadly misguided as you are. I do have to wonder why though, if you see the site that way. Click the red X, log out and don't come back if its that much of a problem.

"Fascism seeks to eradicate perceived foreign influences that are deemed to be causing degeneration of the nation or of not fitting into the national culture."

Asking for civilised discussion on a subject is none of the above.

The irony here is that ATS IS a conspiracy website, that now punishes those who refuse to accept what they are told by self-appointed experts who demand that you "deny ignorance" as they explain away your fears. And if you should claim they are in error or might have a hidden agenda for ignoring certain facts or angles, BAM you're deleted and banned.

Nope. The irony here is that you are trying to turn a thread that is a positive move in an attemp to foster civilised discussion into something else entirely to fund your own apparent critical agenda, that has no basis in fact whatsoever.

What's left to say here? The management of this website insists on a subversive determination to eradicate conspiracy theories, within the context of a conspiracy website. I'm speechless. Even the opening post of this thread condemns you for even thinking you have a right to be indignant for believe they are wrong. It's the height of hypocrisy. This reeks of conspiracy, and this very accusation endangers me of retribution, apparently.

Again, more rubbish, the site thrives on conspiracy theories of all kinds. Conspiracies are not eradicated. They are discussed. And they WILL be discussed in a manner that conforms to the site T&C.

Remove 'DENY IGNORANCE' and replace it with 'RESISTANCE IS FUTILE - YOU WILL COMPLY'.

Lets remove "Deny Stupidity" with common sense, civility and decorum instead, shall we?

edit on 3/8/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
THANK YOU for bringing reason and civility to what was largely the wild west of the ATS. I was a poster there (or will be again, as soon as I check what my WATS score is) and day after day I had to wade through childish name calling and abject paranoia simply to post an interesting quote someone made.

If anyone had any doubts about how disgusting the 9/11 conspiracy thread had become, here's an email I received from member RadioactiveRob soon after the new rules were put into effect, which I reported to the ATS moderators:

"your a #ing piece of # and a no life trolling rambling moron who has nothing better to do than to be a provocateur in 9/11 conspiracy forums. What corporation do you work for that hires people like you to infiltrate and disrupt online forums like this one? # you scum bag."

Whatever your position is on these 9/11 conspiracies, I think we can all agree that such a tone only discredits those who are making such insults, not the people being insulted. If these people become so annoyed at the changes that they want to leave ATS, I don't see how that's a bad thing. It's cyber bullying, plain and simple.
edit on 3-8-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The way I see it, being called a shill or disinfo agent means I am winning an argument/debate.

When someone resorts to accusing someone else as being shill, that often means the person making that accusation has run out of any legitimate points-of-discussion or evidence, and their only tactic left is to point their finger cry "Disinfo agent!"

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i am fxxxxd off with this WATS score ? of 10 to start a thread .i am still on 3 mind you just had 1500 points deducted for INAPROPRIATE POSTS ? ANYBODY GOT ANY ADVICE

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
just had 1500 points deducted for INAPROPRIATE POSTS ? ANYBODY GOT ANY ADVICE

Yeah -- Don't make inappropriate posts.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
WHO DECIDES WHATS OK OR NOT ? NEVER CALLED ANYBODY ANYTHING BAD JUST TOLD A JOKE . HAVE BEEN CALLED IDIOT DRUNK ETC B4 & NEVER SAW THEM GET PULLED

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

i am fxxxxd off with this WATS score ? of 10 to start a thread .i am still on 3 mind you just had 1500 points deducted for INAPROPRIATE POSTS ? ANYBODY GOT ANY ADVICE

Deep breathes and calm down?

The points and WATS will be there before you know it.

Why not choose something else on the menu?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Maybe this might help if I share with you my personal experience. Many moons ago when I first joined [through my own actions] ended my first week here at ATS with a -2700 point deficit.

A candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long. I'd take some time and browse the threads and get a better feel for the place.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yes.
Don't make inappropriate posts.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

It's not so much about offense as it is about derailing a discussion. Once the personal attacks start, that becomes the thread topic. We're not looking to keep people from being offended, we're looking to have the threads focus on the topic and not the participants. Do the personal attack at youtube or somewhere, not here.
I hope this goes for both sides,that is those who deny the official story and those that believe the os.
From my experience in 911 threads it's all but impossible to get a sentence out before the mud slinging starts.

I hope this does make a difference because if you can't express your thoughts and ideas,regardless of evidence to back it up,I see no point in having a 911 forum at all.

Not all evidence is evidence sometime it's just repeating someone elses opinion!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

This is exactly the type of hivemind collusion to squash questioning dissent that has lead to the downfall of this website.

Why are you still here then? I'm terribly confused. If you feel like ATS has gone downhill then just move on like any other normal person would do.

That way the rest of us can get on with intelligent debate.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So did everybody get their feelings hurt and don't want to play anymore? No posts in 2 days over there...
edit on 3-8-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
What if a poster is in fact a shill? As in evidence proves that they're a poster who is getting paid to spread false information. These people do exist, and do post on this forum. What are you doing about them?

It's the same group of people that post in 911 threads,by the time I get through the first page it's the same tactics,derailing,and name calling and I click out...Ground hog day anyone?

Have you noticed as of this post(I haven't gone through the whole thread) they have'nt replied in this thread?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join