It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks for answering.
But I'm a bit puzzled on the fact the anti spam measure will be enforced.
To me trying to debunk everyone, post after post after post with the same message in it, is considered spamming for me, especially when its 160 post in 3 days for the same thread
I guess there is still some gray area.

I was asking for the old threads, not to ban people, but to remove those so called serial spams.
I truly hope the staff is having good intents, I'm just having doubts after being part of this board for so long I've always been bullied by OSer like theres nothing and when the opposite happens the threads are immediately closed. Anyways theres other forums now that is not labeled cointelpro by google, I should know better.
edit on 2-8-2012 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Haven't acknowledged that sub-forum in over two years, for many reasons (those outlined, included)

It would be nice to see the resurfacing of intelligently researched, meaningful threads that encourage participation and questions from all sides - minus the trollery and politicking - and it would be very nice to not get called "cointelpro" for stating that a u-tbe video isn't proof of anything

One can only hope that this will help steer that forum in a new direction... and I do appreciate the efforts of the staff attempting to do so.

edit on 2-8-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the update, not that I engage in that forum.

Seems like there is a direct parallel with control on the outside and control on the inside...interesting..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow......that was hard......I had to look up the meaning of three of the words in the first paragraph. That first paragraph had more words to look up than a scientific researcher's journal entry.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Works great for me in BTS!

edit on 2-8-2012 by PurpleChiten because: typed BTW instead of BTS ... ooops

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I've been called Anti-American...

Seriously though, it is great to hear that the 9/11 forum is staying. Good job ATS

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Thanks for addressing this situation.

I too, read a thread, if I am attracted to the subject, and will respond, but believe in responding only in a respectful manner. We all have opinions, and name calling shouldn't be on the agenda.

It is a turnoff if you run across a thread that is responded to in a juvenile manner. We all agreed to the rules of this site when we joined.

I would hope that we all are on this website in search of the true truth, in the way things are being handled. We should join together in that quest, not try to drive ourselves apart, and distract from the real reason we're here
edit on 2-8-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I always wondered what was going on in the 9/11 forum, seeing relatively new posters posting extremely controversial and speculative theories.

Now i just read a few older postings by the site owners and got it confirmed there is something like "topic activists" which seem to use ATS as a tool/means to spread their absurd theories - without any real intention to actually hear other people's opinion.

And i also had the impression that those people "infiltrating" here are doing this mainly for the purpose of promoting other sites (which they frequently link to) - or maybe it's just sort of an ongoing disinformation campaign. So or so, its not constructive.

I therefore welcome the stricter rules, even if i don't frequent the 9/11 forum that much.
edit on 2-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Interesting development.

I think this pretty much signals the end of a once useful website.

How much longer before the admins ban ALL unpopular opinion? How much longer before outright bans are handed out for ANY criticizing of Israel or anything deemed 'Anti-Semitic'?

First all drug discussion is summarily banned. Then any discussion that dissents from the 9/11 'official story' as dictated by those who have already made up their minds and are determined to force you to agree, is now banned as well.

Is ATS now Big Brother? Why haven't you deleted that thread that brought up the connection ATS has with the NSA? Seems appropriate enough, now that this site openly derides the questioning of the status quo. What's left to discuss in regards to conspiracies, when you're faced with deletion and banning for refusing to accept whatever you're told here, by anonymous 'industry professionals' who have pull with the website admins, as they preach to you that your conspiracy theory is delusion (are we still on a conspiracy website?) on the left, and squash dissent mercilessly on the right?

Will you ban and delete me as well, for questioning your actions? Do you understand the definition of Fascism?

Here. I'll give you a brief description.

"Fascism seeks to eradicate perceived foreign influences that are deemed to be causing degeneration of the nation or of not fitting into the national culture."

The irony here is that ATS IS a conspiracy website, that now punishes those who refuse to accept what they are told by self-appointed experts who demand that you "deny ignorance" as they explain away your fears. And if you should claim they are in error or might have a hidden agenda for ignoring certain facts or angles, BAM you're deleted and banned.

What's left to say here? The management of this website insists on a subversive determination to eradicate conspiracy theories, within the context of a conspiracy website. I'm speechless. Even the opening post of this thread condemns you for even thinking you have a right to be indignant for believe they are wrong. It's the height of hypocrisy. This reeks of conspiracy, and this very accusation endangers me of retribution, apparently.

Remove 'DENY IGNORANCE' and replace it with 'RESISTANCE IS FUTILE - YOU WILL COMPLY'.
edit on 2-8-2012 by yourignoranceisbliss because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
>>
How much longer before the admins ban ALL unpopular opinion?
>>
You are entirely wrong.

There is a clear agenda by a small group of certain new people, coming here and posting the same CR@P over and over which you can find on a couple of other sites. It's always the same other sites which cover the same topics.

This is more trolling as opposed to engaging in constructive communication about an otherwise still interesting topic. IF ANYTHING, it's a diversion, distraction and a waste of time. They do that probably only for the purpose to draw some visitors from here to their own sites.

And...long-time users from here can very well post whatever they want, even if controversial.This is how i understand the rules.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
>>
How much longer before the admins ban ALL unpopular opinion?
>>
You are entirely wrong.

This is how i understand the rules.

This is exactly the type of hivemind collusion to squash questioning dissent that has lead to the downfall of this website.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Seems like a huge double standard to ban people for pointing out the legitimate shills... I have rarely been to the 9/11 forum so I'm not sure if people are just yelling this for no reason in there, but all across ATS there are lots of obvious shills.. you can tell them, as you said, by the methods they employ in their posting.

Put your money where your mouth is. Let's see your evidence that there are paid shills here.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
Will you ban and delete me as well, for questioning your actions? Do you understand the definition of Fascism?

Yes, we do. However, you do not seem to. ATS is a private website, not a government.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Oh my! It's a glorious day, the sun is shining and not a troll in sight! Ta tee, ta ta, ta toh!

Okay, now please don't gaff me for the laugh there. I'm just saying, it's about time! Seriously, I have tried very hard on a number of occasions to present fair, thoughtful, researched comments with discussions on this board and been greeted with nothing but the worst ATS has had in a long time. I'm really happy to see, that our site is taking a stand against those out for nothing more than destroying hot topics, and mature intellectual discussions. So many seem to be letting their inner monkey rule them and fling feces with out a thought in mind.

Any chance we can get something in their for individuals who reply based on thread titles alone? I would ask to go after the one liners as well, but a whole lot of us have been guilty of that at one point or another. Or is too much to ask for milk with the cookie?

-Ilyich!!

I hope these
edit on 8/2/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

When ur debating a topic...let's say the color black...no one should have a reason to be totally honest by calling anyone a name. How does debating the color black or how explosives we're used to bring down the towers and the reason why anyone feels that way by the facts they present have anything to do w/ being a shill or being rude?

If your going to be honest.. Be honest about the facts...not the personality of the guy giving them....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Dude, it's not the views or opinions that they're removing and actioning, it's the outright nasty attitudes, arguments and disprespectful actions. You can have any view or opinion you want, just discuss it and don't shout, scream and break out in a fist fight (or Caps-lock brawl) over it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Just as you can not live peacefully in a lawless society, you can not operate a forum without rules. As nice as it is to think about people doing what they should and getting along fine...it's not going to happen on an internet forum where many folks take shots from behind their keyboards holed up in someone's basement.

One bad apple spoils the batch so to speak. There is one in every bunch that ruins something for others. But that is a fact of life even my 14 year old understands.

Most all of us understand what you are saying, but for ATS to keep any semblance of saneness they have to have rules that keep this place usable for their general audience. I have seen the "other" sites with less moderation and they are somewhat scary. You can't say "Hi." without being called sixty shades of retarded. So here we are with a little less freedom because someone came in and tried to ruin a good thing. But it's really not less freedom... I can't go up to my mother in law and call her a shill without repercussions and now we can't do it on ATS either.
I think we will survive.

I think ATS has to do what makes it easier for them to operate their business and in the need that is what it is. That's how they eat. And no brown nosing here as I have had my wee little wrist slapped more than once myself.

Point being is that most of us can't do/say what we want all day, every day, to anyone in real life. Same goes for ATS.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I think this pretty much signals the end of a once useful website.

Please feel free to find a more useful website then, and then come back and tell us about it.

How much longer before the admins ban ALL unpopular opinion? How much longer before outright bans are handed out for ANY criticizing of Israel or anything deemed 'Anti-Semitic'?

I think you should re-read the thread. They are not banning "opinions" they are banning "personal attacks".
If you criticize Israel, and I call you a stupid idiot, or worse, I will get banned. However, to read the thread, it's apparent this Zero-Tolerance policy is only being applied to the 911 forum, with a review of behaviour in 30 days. I had to visit tonight, and read several current threads, and yep, they are enforcing the Zero-Tolerance policy on everyone, as of now.

First all drug discussion is summarily banned. Then any discussion that dissents from the 9/11 'official story' as dictated by those who have already made up their minds and are determined to force you to agree, is now banned as well.

ATS is a family friendly site, and crawled by Google spiders, so there is a need to keep drug discussions out of the picture. There are many sites on the internet, I'm sure, that allow it. Not here. Been a rule for years.

To repeat: They are not banning discussions of any sort on the 911 topic. They are banning people who don't have manners. They are banning those people who resort to name-calling, and those who insist upon attacking others. Period. That is not hard to understand.

Aye?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes good rules.

Now apply them EVERYWHERE.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Example: calling any ATS member a shill will result in an account termination.

Can we extend this to all of ATS?

I get tired of people calling each other shills just because they disagree with each other.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join