It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
These rules should be applied to all ATS not just the 9/11 conspiracy forum
it should be zero tolerance for any posts .. and im serious
by taking this decision you show to everyone the reasons
why ATS is a thousand times more mature then facebook will ever be
Nice job guys and SO for this necessary decision

to make this site better each time you make such improvement
edit on 8/2/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

This thread is NOT an excuse for you to come in here and discuss the policies of ATS for other forums.

This is the policy stance being taken with 911 and as the OP states we will review the policy after 30 days and decide if needs amending or if further actions should be taken in other parts of the website.

For now, be happy that ANYBODY who throws an insult, whether it's calling somebody a shill, or calling them crazy, will be banned on sight within the 911 forum.

Other forums, will be dealt with as we always have, by staff discussion and consensus. No other forum on ATS had as much vitriol than 911. We need to start somewhere. 911 is that somewhere.

There is nothing else I can say to make this anymore clear.

~Tenth
edit on 8/2/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Heres what I think.

The board staff have come up with a proposed solution to the problem in the 9/11 forum, and thats what this thread is about.

What you believe to be true about other posters is entirely subjective to you.

However, if you can't put yourself above the absolute *need* to cry "shill" at other people, then there is a problem there that only you can sort out.

I disagree with people on here all the time. I don't resort to it. Use logic and fact and then walk away. Its as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

This thread is NOT an excuse for you to come in here and discuss the policies of ATS for other forums.

This is the policy stance being taken with 911 and as the OP states we will review the policy after 30 days and decide if needs amending or if further actions should be taken in other parts of the website.

For now, be happy that ANYBODY who throws an insult, whether it's calling somebody a shill, or calling them crazy, will be banned on sight within the 911 forum.

Other forums, will be dealt with as we always have, by staff discussion and consensus. No other forum on ATS had as much vitriol than 911. We need to start somewhere. 911 is that somewhere.

There is nothing else I can say to make this anymore clear.

~Tenth
edit on 8/2/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Thank you,

I think I will book mark this so I can refer to it when I report people who call other people crazy, insane, etc... I hope everyone does and reports these people every time they do it.

Thank you for your response.

Glad to see a little sanity coming back to ATS... I'll hold your alls feet to the fire on this one.

You can get mad at me all you want. Your loosing good people from ATS because you all have let this go on for far to long. Many of them my close friends. So get mad at me, I'm only trying to make ATS a better place. This issue affects 9/11 and all the rest of ATS.

*drops subject*

peace out,
piano

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I personally have learned to laugh at the charge and it doesn't bother me at all.

Exactly !

I don't understand why people take anything personal on a anonymous internet forum..

You can call me anything you want-- I don't care. Simple !

The point is that ATS is of a higher standard and quality than other conspiracy websites. If you cannot go without name-calling, there's no reason for you to be posting in the forum. It doesn't matter if you're anonymous or if you're doing it for fun. This is a website for intelligent discussion and debate.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
To get things a bit more back on track....

Perhaps we need to have a thread where people can simply post their own theory, in one post, of what occured on 9/11 with the stipulation that no responses be made, only one post, describing your postion and that's it. That would ensure that everyone has their say as to what happened, would encourage them to put it into a format that describes what they want to say in a logical manner since they only get one shot at it and focus on the issue instead of on the other posters. Maybe even make it similar to the writing contest where the person with the most stars gets some kind of bonus and it also lets people see all the "angles" and opinions that are involved and could encourage civil discussion on the other threads.

Just throwing some ideas out there that are modified from things I've done with teenagers before that helps to settle conflicts sometimes. The various theories could also be good starting points for much more productive threads that would open up discussion within the new guidelines and encourage more participation in a positive sense that would set an example for the way things are supposed to go instead of the way things apparently have been going (I've not been over there since I first joined because it was a bit too hostile for me)

ok, turning off my "serious voice" and goin back to being a silly chiten now....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ok I have never been a serious poster in the 9/11 forum, most of my contributions are probably down in the `well that was boring` category. It`s still my opinion and that`s what I thought ATS was all about.
But now I feel like I`ve been painted as a criminal, thrown in with the rest of some unruly mob. If mods and admin were`nt able to weed out obvious trolls/shills (whatever you call them) then they are`nt up to the job in a tough emotional forum.
This new offensive against Pilots for Truth from what I`ve read is very one sided, sure I don`t know the whole story but why has the forum been allowed to slide into such an inhospitable place.
As far as I`m concerned if the 9/11 forum re-opens, ATS has now made it even harder for readers and posters of one of the most important and world changing topics to dare voice there opinion in fear of being ridiculed by a select few constant daily posters obsessively hellbent on protecting the government stance on the issue.

Can the ATS Admin categorically please outright call me an idiot as I do not believe that the steel structures could ever collapse the way they did.
Am I a sinner and unpatriotic in the eyes of ATS.
Is ATS really all about protecting the OS `truth` ?

I come to ATS to find hope that something will change.
I`m so tired and sad of watching young men and women give up their limbs and lives for some concocted war story, brought back as heroes and then disregarded.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

The point is that ATS is of a higher standard and quality than other conspiracy websites. If you cannot go without name-calling, there's no reason for you to be posting in the forum. It doesn't matter if you're anonymous or if you're doing it for fun. This is a website for intelligent discussion and debate.

It's kinda funny coming from you. But I agree that this website is for intelligent discussion. Unfortunately the debate will never end because both sides won't admit to be wrong. It's sad but true.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CannotGoHome

Why are you under the impression that this stance has anything to do with what side of the debate you are on?

We are stating that ANY insults, within the 911 forum, either by a person who believes the OS or argues against it, will be banned on sight.

We are cleaning the forum of skeptics and believers who cannot discuss the topic with rational and civility.

Nothing less, nothing more. Nobody on staff is trying to stiffle the discussion of anybody's particular view on 911, as long as you do it respect.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by Varemia

It's kinda funny coming from you. But I agree that this website is for intelligent discussion. Unfortunately the debate will never end because both sides won't admit to be wrong. It's sad but true.

I think it's because both sides legitimately think they're right, even after the kind of undeniable evidence that would be practically admissible in court. Someone can't admit he/she is wrong if they don't think they're wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Thanks boss.

I've actually never, ever posted in that forum.

May have to take a look.

Me neither. Too much speculation all the time.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This won't change anything except to protect those whe are stubbornly defending their position without trying to deny ignorance.

Its clearly the beginning of the end,. No, In fact Fakebook was the beginning of the end for ATS.
Now we slowly drifting to the end,
The reason the P4T came here was, I think, to compensate for the ammount of government workers populating 9/11 topics. But it could also be an attemp to discredit their reputation.
It is plausible that someone tried to make itself believes he was for the truth while he was in fact extrapolate facts so readers could interpret truther as crackpot. It has been done before.

Its ridiculous when you think about it. Its always the same.
Out of two page of any 9/11 topics. Theres 22 different ATSer telling OP SnF + 1 or 2 other ATSer arguing any of the 22 single ATSer no matter what. These 1 or 2 stubborn individual are exclusively posting in 9/11, always the same position on the subject, Used to call name, attacking the credibility of the poster not the post in essence. Over Reply like he thinks theres more substance in their argumentation when the over reply, you know, when the text become ultra small. I myself don't have the time to consider arguing with these government workers so I place myself in their shoes and they need to counter 98% of the informed ATS members on the subject, I mean its impressive, you don't get this kind motivation as a hobby, trust me.

I think today its another sad day for what left of ATS.
Today Ignorance won .... again.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i am quite confused on this wats score to start a thread ?
somebody explain please

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I expect this to be enforced on both "sides".

You used "Shill" as your example, but I'm sure you meant anyone that uses typical derogatory terms towards one another. For instance, will people be able to say "Truther", "Truthie", etc.

Honestly, the "shill" issue is less of a problem, and it's more of a problem that people generally "act smug" and place their opponents in derogatory subjects to be mocked.

If you were reinforcing the Official Story, you were a shill.

If you were not reinforcing the Official Story, you were a nutbag truthie.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

How can a move that prevents insults, serial spamming and stupidity be detrimental to a subject and bad for ATS?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I expect this to be enforced on both "sides".

You used "Shill" as your example, but I'm sure you meant anyone that uses typical derogatory terms towards one another. For instance, will people be able to say "Truther", "Truthie", etc.

Honestly, the "shill" issue is less of a problem, and it's more of a problem that people generally "act smug" and place their opponents in derogatory subjects to be mocked.

If you were reinforcing the Official Story, you were a shill.

If you were not reinforcing the Official Story, you were a nutbag truthie.

A shill is, by definition, someone paid to have a position, or a secret accomplice, with an agenda.

Truther, on the other hand, is a word hard to replace...

Must I really say, "someone that disbelieves the 9/11 OS" or some equivalent, all the time?

Truther, no matter what some may claim, was never derogatory, for me, but simply a genetic term that stopped me for endlessly typing out long-winded descriptions.

For example: Are you someone whose profession could involve going into space?

VS

Are you an astronaut?

Brevity is... wit.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for giving me reason to open an account . I've followed that forum for years and it has always been a bit testy but it has turned into nothing more than the epitome of immaturity . If you can't play together in a civilized fashion , you should just pick up your marbles and go home . There are some intelligent members on there who debate with FACTS , you know who you are . I admirably salute you for staying the course and look forward to participating now that SO has declared that enough is enough .

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good on ya, Hoping WeedWhacker makes a comeback, Miss not seeing his proffesional opinion on 911 flight discusions,
911 threads is what got me hooked on ATS.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by CannotGoHome

Why are you under the impression that this stance has anything to do with what side of the debate you are on?

When I saw the forum closed with the image stating that pilots for truth were the offenders. I guess their side of the debate is not allowed.

We are stating that ANY insults, within the 911 forum, either by a person who believes the OS or argues against it, will be banned on sight.

Admirable but so hard to draw the line.

We are cleaning the forum of skeptics and believers who cannot discuss the topic with rational and civility.

Nothing less, nothing more. Nobody on staff is trying to stiffle the discussion of anybody's particular view on 911, as long as you do it respect.

That is good news, I hate to point fingers (please allow me one before the banning comes into force)
This is a serious question and i`m sure some members might be wondering, does this mean that goodoldave and hooper and others will also be given their marching orders ?

thanks for your time ~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join