It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by pianopraze
There are true paid shills here, anyone who posts here long enough knows who many of them are

I couldn't disagree with you more. Many people have opinions about a lot of things, but when it comes to that, I don't think anyone knows anything of the kind. And we are NOT having that witch hunt, here.

Discuss the information, not the member. That's the deal.

Indeed there is no way to know for sure.

So my personal approach, rather than attacking or "trying to out" said suspect, I instead continue the normal debate parameters and allow them to trip up and out themselves, if they feel inclined to do so.

It allows me to not bother with personal attacks (if I can stay aware of myself and control myself). And it allows them to say whatever they want and basically choose their own fate. It has seemed to work quite well for the most part.

But I will try even harder to refrain from any form of personal attack. I have been doing really good the last year or so by avoiding 90%+ of all of my natural urges and overcoming them with sense and sensibility.

Perhaps I should take the initiative and raise the bar even higher, and push myself to that 100% mark?
Being an older member here, that is my responsibility and duty after all, is it not?

Time to raise my own standards of decorum, and if anyone else wants to strive along with me, you are more than welcome.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

makes you wonder how much they pay and how to go about applying doesn't it? ....just sayin.... not that I would do that, just makes you wonder .....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Hmm interesting.

You don't have to reply to this question but, if you can even vaguely I would appreciate it.

Was there some sort of 'organized concerted effort' by more than one individual that the mods became aware of? Like people knowingly agreeing to cause trouble?

I am pretty much accustomed to individuals doing such a thing, but organization always seemed to be lacking.

There's something about that in the T&C already. I don't remember the exact wording, but it spoke of people planning together and "ganging up" on threads or something of that nature

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

16g.) Board Wars: You will not use these boards to organize "attacks" on other boards, blogs, or discussion groups, and similarly, you will not organize such attacks against this board. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

It's meant for our members vs other boards mostly, but it certainy applies the other way around.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Actually,

16d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you. Not much else to say.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm glad to see this happening. Too many threads lose their purpose for discussion when it devolves into personal attacks. I think it may even be a defense mechanism to attack someone when they are winning an argument, but that's just my opinion. Hopefully the decorum is higher and the discussions of a better quality.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I know I can use some improvement along those lines. I agree with what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I think it may even be a defense mechanism to attack someone when they are winning an argument

I totally agree.. And that's why you use this defense mechanism..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Actually,

16d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

yeah, that's the one I remembered reading!!!
(seeeeee I really did read them!!
)

yours is great too ToTheTenth!

I'm just glad that I figured out that me being extremely good looking would be a matter of opinion, not necessarily factual or non-factual so I can keep telling people that I am!!

edit on 2-8-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

What part of this are you having trouble with?

Anyone who uses personal attack as a discussion strategy is in for a shock. Be he a paid shill, or some responding to same...

You will post according to the terms and conditions or you'll not post.

If you suspect someone of shillery, notify staff, that's why we're here. When members start calling each other names, conversation stops.

So don't do it. Period.

I'm having trouble with over a hundred times (no exaggeration) reporting these people for calling people crazy and such like and rarely if ever do they get posts removed, and never do they get banned.

I'm having trouble with the good posters getting banned and the paid shills being allowed to continue.

I have repeatedly reported them for name calling and i can only think of one time a post was removed.

Seems like a huge double standard to ban people for pointing out the legitimate shills... I have rarely been to the 9/11 forum so I'm not sure if people are just yelling this for no reason in there, but all across ATS there are lots of obvious shills.. you can tell them, as you said, by the methods they employ in their posting.

If your going to ban people for calling people shills, you should ban the shills for calling people crazy.

Period.

People come to ATS and explore and debate... this is good and healthy. Mean while, there are these shills provoking people into committing T&C violations to get them banned. This is obvious, pervasive, and if you haven't seen it... I'm not sure there is anything more to say.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Originally posted by maxella1
Can we still call them sinister secret agents?
I think they like that.

Don't "call them" anything.
If you're calling another member something, you're not talking about 9/11 or the events surrounding it, are you? Don't call other members ANYTHING and you'll be good.

I personally have learned to laugh at the charge and it doesn't bother me at all.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Listen,

The point is that NO insult will be tolerated in the 911 forum any longer.

Whether it's calling somebody a shill, or crazy, or any other term.

Zero Tolerance.

What SO listed as an EXAMPLE of what can get you banned, not the only thing.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If your going to ban people for calling people shills, you should ban the shills for calling people crazy.

edit on 2-8-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think I'm going to continue not going there for at least a few more weeks until all the kinks are worked out.... I get in enough trouble just going off topic and trying to defend the lady posters when someone is being mean to them, I'd really get in hot water over there!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I personally have learned to laugh at the charge and it doesn't bother me at all.

Exactly !

I don't understand why people take anything personal on a anonymous internet forum..

You can call me anything you want-- I don't care. Simple !

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thanks SOverlord, I'm glad I caught this, and happy to see the changes; thanks man...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
I'm having trouble with the good posters getting banned and the paid shills being allowed to continue.

Once again - you have no proof that anyone is paid to post here.

Which part of that don't you get/understand?

No proof, at all.

Just a different opinion to yours.

Come on 'Praze... you are bigger than such pettiness.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Listen,

The point is that NO insult will be tolerated in the 911 forum any longer.

Whether it's calling somebody a shill, or crazy, or any other term.

Zero Tolerance.

What SO listed as an EXAMPLE of what can get you banned, not the only thing.

~Tenth

Listen,

This has been against the T&C since day one.

Yet these obvious people get away with it routinely despite our vocal protesting to you mods. There is a HUGE double standard and people are WELL aware of it.

I have repeatedly raised a stink about the use of such insults as crazy and insane etc... and you all have failed to do ANYTHING about it... not even remove their posts.

Most are aware - I am just the idiot stupid enough to bring it up in such a public forum and directly to you mods.

I know this post by SO is on 9/11 but this happens all across ATS. I applaud SO for taking action on 9/11 but this issue needs to be addressed. Banning people for pointing out shills, while not banning people for calling people, crazy, insane, etc is extremely hypocritical.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join