It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
glad this was taken care of....thanks skeptic overlord and mods....keep this place running smoothly!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Thank you.

I hardly ever participate in the forum these days for many of the reasons that you've outlined needing changes. Do I believe the OS? No, I have many questions, I also don't believe in holographic jets, laser beams from space nor Nano-termites either.

edit on 2-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

me neither Brother.

Because there's never going to be any common ground, the line has been drawn and only the scientific and the laws of physics will remain; to which I will always hold true to my soul to this day. I'll never go back to the subject on this site or any other and it's been a VERY long time since I have; makes my heart hurt to much.

Wish this was the same rule on the moon hoax/Apollo threads.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I do want to say I feel like the auto-ban for 1 insult is a bit over the top.
Everyone is guilty of personal attacks at some point, even the more skilled debaters.

But then again, I do think the moderation will use discretion and prudence, as they usually do. I hope.

It took me years to overcome the urge to personally characterize someone in a negative pejorative manner, and I am still guilty of it from time to time. But then again, I have reserved myself quite well over the years and have lasted this long.

So if I, a very hot-headed and conflict-oriented individual, can reserve my self to the extent I have (consider I have lasted this long here at ATS), than perhaps it isn't asking too much to expect a little bit of civility.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Try all of the above.

All of the "sides" are as guilty as the other. Any claims of innocence are patently false.

Fair warning given. Enough is enough.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by jimmyx

Try all of the above.

All of the "sides" are as guilty as the other. Any claims of innocence are patently false.

We are all human and it is inevitable that we all make that mistake.

However, with a clear warning no one really has a good excuse, because now everyone knows exactly what is expected of them and how strict the guidelines are. Well, everyone who checks their inbox every couple of days at least.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

We tried all the options that weren't 'over the top'.

The problem is that the staff had their hands tied in this situation. There is, or was I should say an organized effort by some members and some now banned members to disrupt the 911 forum and turn it into a pile of garbage.

In our attempts to be fair and deal with it the best we could, we ended up compounding the problem by being too nice regarding infractions.

Now we are in the final straw mode.

In other news, if you get banned and you think it was un-warranted and was a "one off", then use the ATS contact page and we'll take a second look

~Tenth
edit on 8/2/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Being nice, and giving the benefit of the doubt has been tried.

When there is a deliberate, and malicious attempt to disrupt a forum on ATS, we are forced to this action.

We aren't doing this lightly. We take no satisfaction out of this...it means we screwed up. Now comes the clean up.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbatstein
Obama said he's be sending in an army to fight the conspiracy theorists, this thread is the clearest evidence yet that they are here copying and pasting from their scripts

and of course you have some evidence about "Obama sending in an army to fight the conspirecy theorists"? please post where this is said

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Example: calling any ATS member a [color=FBFF8F]shill will result in an account termination.

Personally, I think that any post in any forum, which uses that word, should be automatically removed. No good discussion ever comes from it. It only starts a wave of off-topic posts.

I suppose it's gotta start somewhere though.....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by swoopaloop

Their posting will out them. As long as they abide by the terms and conditions of this site, they are welcome, just as you are.

Calling anyone a shill is grounds for immediate termination of your account. Please keep that in mind.

Shill is an impolite term, and will be actioned as such.

You just summed up perfectly my whole problems with ATS right now.

There are true paid shills here, anyone who posts here long enough knows who many of them are - and yes you are right their posting does out them. And from what I've seen it is the shills who provoke other good ATS members and the good members get banned and the shills carry on.

You all ban people for pointing out the shills.... ?????? I mean come on ATS.

These shills routinely call people psychotic, psycho, crazy, and many other things to provoke people to commit T&C "fouls" but don't even get a slap on the wrist. I think if your going to ban people for calling the shills a shill, you should at least ban the shills for calling people insane and other such things.

I avoid 9/11 so this is about all of ATS, not just there.

Lately I hardly come to ATS because of everything I just put in this post. So many of my friends and good posters get banned and the shills are spreading like a virus.

Makes me sad.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Try all of the above.

ok,ok...i was just asking because of the screen
www.abovetopsecret.com...
would seem to indicate that it was one-sided...that's all, i'm not questioning anyones intent or integrity

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The events of the last few days were only the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. It in no way was entirely caused by a single source, we've just had enough and so have the vast majority of the membership.

I'm sure our anonymous viewers as well.

~Tenth

link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
There are true paid shills here, anyone who posts here long enough knows who many of them are

I couldn't disagree with you more. Many people have opinions about a lot of things, but when it comes to that, I don't think anyone knows anything of the kind. And we are NOT having that witch hunt, here.

Discuss the information, not the member. That's the deal.

link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
There are true paid shills here, anyone who posts here long enough knows who many of them are - and yes you are right their posting does out them.

You are expressing an opinion. You have no proof.

Other people may have an opinion different than yours. If that makes them a "shill" then I'm sorry but you may want to rethink how you see the world

A different opinion does not equal a paid poster.

link   
reply to post by pianopraze

What part of this are you having trouble with?

Anyone who uses personal attack as a discussion strategy is in for a shock. Be he a paid shill, or some responding to same...

You will post according to the terms and conditions or you'll not post.

If you suspect someone of shillery, notify staff, that's why we're here. When members start calling each other names, conversation stops.

So don't do it. Period.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Example: calling any ATS member a shill will result in an account termination.

Can we still call them sinister secret agents?
I think they like that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Being nice, and giving the benefit of the doubt has been tried.

When there is a deliberate, and malicious attempt to disrupt a forum on ATS, we are forced to this action.

We aren't doing this lightly. We take no satisfaction out of this...it means we screwed up. Now comes the clean up.

Hmm interesting.

You don't have to reply to this question but, if you can even vaguely I would appreciate it.

Was there some sort of 'organized concerted effort' by more than one individual that the mods became aware of? Like people knowingly agreeing to cause trouble?

I am pretty much accustomed to individuals doing such a thing, but organization always seemed to be lacking.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Very good to hear, I think some of these rules should apply to the rest of the forum as well, their are tons of memebers who's only aim here is to start a ruckus and insult people. It has gotten to the point where I dont even want to visit ATS anymore.
At the same time I am humbled and offer my aplogies to all the moderators......Job well done!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

That would require conjecture. Whether there was an "organized" effort or not, the net effect was the forum had gone out of control and beyond anyone's desire or ability to rein it in, given the tools and guidelines available at the time.

We'll still have problems, but they'll be dealt with quicker and more effectively now. If something different needs to happen in 30 days, we'll figure it out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join