It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Trust me when I say, so do we. ...and now? It's going to change.

As Tenth said, zero tolerance. The trolls have had their day(s), and one way or another, those days are over.

Insults passing for conversation/debate. Over. Mud slinging at people daring to disagree? Over.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
even though i have had my hands slapped violating the T&C's a couple of times over the years, i hardily agree with you SO...i don't even go into that forum anymore, because of the visceral anger i feel reading such trash.
words mean something, the ability to effectively communicate seems to be a lost on some who love nothing more than to incite a reaction, rather than to engage in a reasoned arguement.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Without contributing much I used to visit the 9/11 forum quite frequently, some great reading - but for the very reasons that have been highlighted it has been quite a long time since I've been there - might just have a look there some time soon thanks to this.

An excellent move.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Excellent news!

Can we get the "shill rule" across all sub-forums as well?

And maybe a similar rule for people that call people "government agents," etc.?
edit on 2-8-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
That was one of the forums I looked at when I first got here and it was crazy over there! Thanks for taking steps to make it a better place

I've got most of the "newbie" issues defeated within myself.... but I still go off topic alot...
ummmm... like now.... kinda.... but not really ...

Maybe it's just my ADHD that won't let me stick with one thought for every long

...what were we talking about again?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
That was one of the forums I looked at when I first got here and it was crazy over there! Thanks for taking steps to make it a better place

I've got most of the "newbie" issues defeated within myself.... but I still go off topic alot...
ummmm... like now.... kinda.... but not really ...

Maybe it's just my ADHD that won't let me stick with one thought for every long

...what were we talking about again?

your avatar is awesome! did u make that i cant stop laughing

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

There is no forum on the site where it is acceptable to personally attack another member. We understand how passions run high on certain topics and the measures we take are situationally specific. (assuming we know via a member Alert).

What we're saying is, there is no longer any latitude being afforded to participants in the 9/11 forum. It's a one-strike deal.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm glad to see these new rules being implemented. I'd love to see some higher class coming from these threads. One thing is a little intimidating however... the immediate termination of an account for a T&C breach. I'm pretty familiar with the Terms but it is quite large. That rule kind of keeps me fearful from posting in that thread on concern that I might accidentally forget something minor that deals with the T&C and risk losing my account.

Still, glad to see this. Great work.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Bear civility in mind. Interact on the forums the way you would in a formal academic or business setting, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

The Overlord used to have a link to a T&C Lite which basically consisted of - Don't be a jerk. That sums it up quite well, I think.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

So if someone calls someone a shill on any subforum they will be booted off of ATS??? Seems to happen a lot!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Infractions that are outright bannable offenses will be the ones where an insult was flung around or that any sort of personal attack was made on a member.

I would not be afraid of posting within the threads if you are on-topic and not attacking members.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I think it's pretty cut and dry. Show the other members/posters some respect and lay off the name calling/personal attacks. If your posting style doesn't involve any of those negative aspects then you're in the clear.

No?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just posting my personal acceptance of this new directive regarding the 9/11 forum:

I've not often participated in the many threads there, but have noticed how easily the conversations slide into personal attacks based on whether members accept or deny the 'Official Story' as presented. As a result, I'm sure, a goodly portion of our membership has been reluctant to post their opinions, sensing a less than civil response would be sure to follow.

That's not the ATS way, imho, and required addressing in as strong an administrative response as possible.

Yes... there is a lack of civility in other forums and alerting staff to those instances will go a long way to tamping down the trollery there as well. But, to put it as bluntly as I can, the events surrounding September 11, 2001 are currently the most important influence on not only America itself, but actually the entire world. For that reason alone it is extremely important that the related discussions on that forum are on as high a level of civility as possible.
edit on 2/8/12 by masqua because: errant punctuation

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thanks, much appreciated. Now people can debate actual topics rather than having to deal with derailment and character attacks.

Keep on truckin'!
edit on 2-8-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

You realize of course, that's the exact opposite of what i said. If you're having some difficulty, please use the PM or Suggestions function for additional clarification.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

When you're posting, be respectful of the people you're talking to. The moment you feel you can't post without being insulting, back away from the keyboard.

Post as you would have others post to you. That's a good rule of thumb. Or, as Skeptics old T&C lite used to put it: Don't be a jerk.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What if a poster is in fact a shill? As in evidence proves that they're a poster who is getting paid to spread false information. These people do exist, and do post on this forum. What are you doing about them?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
What if a poster is in fact a shill? As in evidence proves that they're a poster who is getting paid to spread false information. These people do exist, and do post on this forum. What are you doing about them?

If you suspect such, then provide your proof in an alert to staff. There's no reason to point this out in the public forum.

It's not your job to weed out trolls and other undesirables, it is ours.

So please jsut follow the steps above and if we can prove it ( which, in all honesty is pretty damn impossible, and unlikely) then they will be subject to the same rules as listed in the OP & the T&C.

ETA: As pointed out below, researching information provided by somebody and then arguing that it's false, with factual information, is ALWAYS welcome in the forums. What we want to prevent is members discussing the merits of any poster as a person, as opposed to the information they are providing.

~Tenth
edit on 8/2/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop

Their posting will out them. As long as they abide by the terms and conditions of this site, they are welcome, just as you are.

Calling anyone a shill is grounds for immediate termination of your account. Please keep that in mind.

Shill is an impolite term, and will be actioned as such.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop

The purpose of the forum is for the membership to vet the information. If something is proven to be false, the membership will uncover it. If it's proven that someone posted knowingly false information, that is and always has been reason for an immediate permaban.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join