It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ok this

It is now safe to discuss 9/11 conspiracies once again

followed by this !

There are limitations (based on ATS participation) on who can start new threads and post in the forum, as well as immediate account termination for any form of civility breach.

Has me running in the complete opposite direction.

NDR

But if I hadn't seen the pm and just on whim wondered in to the 911 forum. And " SHAZZAM ! " I was kicked to the curb all destitute and transient ? For just inflicting some on topic humor at a member I had that kind of mutual relationship with, that had been long standing and no one had ever previously said squat about ? With no time to even for tell my second coming as Skeptic Load, or some other smart aleck dig at our fearless leader I might surmise ?

I could see myself now ! All kick'in rocks and spit'in nails As I wonder aimlessly through cyber space talking to my self, repeating over and over, Chains we can believe in ? No no no that's not it Chains................
You get the picture ?

WKOSIT ?

edit on 10-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Close down a whole forum over some petty member squabbling... that should really show us who is boss.
ATS has indeed become a hostile environment, that much at least, I agree with completely.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It has become a hostile environment in certain places. We can't talk about 9/11 because of a handful of people and this site allows those handful of people to ruin it for the rest of us. I'm more afraid to post in the 9/11 forum now than I was before. It's also ridiculous that I have been a member here since what, 2006? I have never had a post removed for any reason, never been warned, and never caused any problems, but because I am not a frequent poster and only have a W score of 3, I am not allowed to start new threads there? Flawed, all of it. Thanks to all those who have ruined the 9/11 forum and to the mods who have allowed them to do so. It is because of this same stuff that we can't discuss drug laws, which are a heated topic of discussion these days. ATS just isn't what it used to be and that makes me sad, but I guess nothing lasts forever, right?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
It has become a hostile environment in certain places. We can't talk about 9/11 because of a handful of people and this site allows those handful of people to ruin it for the rest of us. I'm more afraid to post in the 9/11 forum now than I was before. It's also ridiculous that I have been a member here since what, 2006? I have never had a post removed for any reason, never been warned, and never caused any problems, but because I am not a frequent poster and only have a W score of 3, I am not allowed to start new threads there? Flawed, all of it. Thanks to all those who have ruined the 9/11 forum and to the mods who have allowed them to do so. It is because of this same stuff that we can't discuss drug laws, which are a heated topic of discussion these days. ATS just isn't what it used to be and that makes me sad, but I guess nothing lasts forever, right?

If you want to work with it, I'm sure you could easily message a moderator with your post suggestion, and they will let you know if it is appropriate. As far as following the new rules, it's not that hostile. Like, literally, just don't call anyone any names, and everyone will be chill.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Great News! Maybe I'll start reading in there again!

One question: Does the following apply only to the 9/11 forum?

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Example: calling any ATS member a shill will result in an account termination.

I was wondering that too.

I've been called a shill and disinfo agent many times but I don't post in the 9/11 forum.

I have been called that as well. I have not posted in the forum for a very long time. The problem became huge when no matter how much proof you offered to the contrary of opinion, that information was disregarded. I think that since ATS is all about showing the proof, then we should show it in every discussion we have.

I have had many lively discussions with people of a different opinion and found out that most people don't even read the links you offer. Some people do, but the majority of trolls simply refuse to. The other day in paltalk, I recognized some language familiar within ATS and told the person to go back to ATS, to which they replied "They're all shills over there", then I said "Oh, so your account was terminated?" I knew and they did not like that. Yes, the trolls go from here to there and everywhere else thinking we don't recognize them.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
One thing the perps of 911 can't stand is debate.
so, it's good to see that the subject can still at least be discussed

that means the bad guys haven't completely won...

yet

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

To all the mods here and the OP, please take the time to weigh my thoughts here...

I have to voice my opinion on this matter....

I for one have been begging for this to happen for literally years and years...even after the so called crack down went into place a few years back, it still didn't change the behavior of some of the same, over and over , culprits who were constantly berating , and insulting people on a daily basis.

It literally caused me to pull back from the 9/11 forums, although I would always come back to ATS and star and flag threads, I decided to stop posting here unless I really had something to get off my chest. I was just reading Good Ole Daves recently closed thread, where in true G.O.D. fashion he decided to come back and rub it in our faces that he was aloud to come back after being banned. Considering, as he freely admitted in his thread, that he was undoubtedly one of the main abusers, it frustrates me that someone would actually give him another chance. I fully respect your reasons though for letting him back in, and leave it at that.

BUT....My reason for posting right now, is that I am almost completely shocked to find out that due to your new "ten WATS points to post" here rule, I will no longer be able to post threads here. This is unbelievable, almost every thread I have ever posted since my original account(stillreseachn911) to my current one, have been in this 9/11 forum. My last thread, I spent weeks writing and preparing to post it here. I have made it a point to follow every rule. But now due to no fault of mine, and because I am 1(one) point shy of having the required 10 WATS points to post a thread, I will not be able to post the new thread that I was already in the process of preparing. This is outrageous, its wrong, and there should be another way to root out people who you deem not ready to post a thread. Or at least change the guidelines, I have been a member here going on ten years, posted numerous threads. Now I have lost this privilege. Please modify your guidelines. Thank you for your consideration. Thank you for also finally making sure that reasonable discussions can take place here in this forum.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

I know you won't be thrilled with this answer. But if you simply participate in a few other threads, for a day or two, and post good posts there, your stars will raise your wats rating pretty quickly and get you across that threshold.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I honestly don't see what is so difficult in raising ones WATS score, I am seeing so many people complain about it yet they could be using that time more constructively and posting in other threads to get their score up.

Just my 2 pennies really.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There once existed a highly controversial, and thus inevitably, troll and hot-heads infected forum, one of the first of its kind on the Internet.

The administrators together with the moderators frantically searched for a logical solution for the problem, and in the end came up with a solution.
They created a new subforum, called `The Couch`.

Everyone who was suspected to be, or acted as a `troll` or had trouble controlling their anger level, got their posting rights reduced , and could from then on, only post in and start new threads on `The Couch`.

`The Couch` had a peculiar influence on most troublesome posting members.
In the end, `The Couch` turned out to have become the by far most frequently visited forum of that famous website.
And the `banned` members posting in there, found hilarious ways of selfregulation in their own `last-resort` sub-forum.

It had an enormous chilling effect on the ones banned to it, since they all felt as a ``Band of Brothers`, packed together in that one sub-forum.
By the way, all other members could post there too.

They were also allowed to start threads solely on `The Couch` as a reaction on other threads in the main forum. Many times that thread became much better packed with reliable info than the main thread.

Because forum owners do not really like to ultimately ban and thus loose a big chunk of still highly valuable members with a lot of factual knowledge, this is one of the better solutions for the same problem we see occure and accumulate slowly in this ATS 9/11 Forum.

So, what about a chill-out 9/11 `Couch`forum?

Then we could allow back in, all these long term posters in that restricted zone.
I see too many hot-headed members disappear here, from both sides of the 9/11 conspiracy theories fences, while we all know that they have written so many good and valuable posts, as proved by their member profiles as countless flagged and starred posts and lots of staff-applause.

We all should know and understand the feeling of a great loss, when you get banned indefinitely from a forum that you added so many countless hours from your precious lifetime to, and then suddenly see yourself cut-off from that source of online social life.
Think about that for a moment...

This is one example of such a supposedly hot-headed and thus ATS-banned member, who perhaps should get a second chance in such a fenced-off new forum. There are many, many more banned members with a great track record but there's no easy way of listing them all, the ATS Search is not very responsive to a combination of the words `member` or `user` and the word `banned` :

****************** : Banned

ATS Points: 115,822
Flags: 595
Stars: 10,075
WATS Index: 84
Threads Started: 570
Applause: 80

I even see more than 23,000 posts in member profiles....what obsession must play a role there? Or loss of real-life social contacts...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

The problem is this - the people who bought about this situation apparently have no regard for ATS, our rules and the concept of civilised discussion.

Instead they resort to the inane, the schoolyard and spectacular obtuseness.

And that adds...nothing. At all.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Then we clearly misunderstand eachother?
I don't mean the endless usernames creating visitors from Pilots for 911Truth (I had my own very unfair share of their kind of treatment there), its our own longtime and quite valuable members I am worried about !

Like longtime online friends like Griff etc.
And longtime online opponents like GoodOldDave, hooper, Aim64C and more.

As I have written so often here, there is no real discussion without real opposition.
My friends and opponents alike, have kept me and my arguments as sharp as can be over all these years.

And I do believe that all these online ATS member characters will have learned a lesson or two, and will think twice again before engaging again in the same old worn out techniques, or hot-headed name-calling.

It's not the same experience anymore, without all of them....

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

is there anyway to get permission to post here? I have been a member for four years and dont want to go on a star and flag hunt or just post for postings sake to raise my wats .

The reason I ask was that I have friends who lost loved ones on 9/11 and in Oklahoma city. They are the reasons I am here and I haven't been ready to post about it yet. I wanted to make sure my argue.enta were as strong as possible . And now that im reading the new rules it looks like it might be a while.

so is it possible to maybe send a mod my thread to check it over or something . Maybe have them post it ? its still not done but it's close . Is it ok to post it if it has aspects of both okc and 9/11 without getting banned? Could i post it in a different form even though it has significant 9/11 material?

Ty for listening lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hey,

Just wondering if these rules are now going to be review (or have been but staff have not informed members)

I honestly think that all the ideas presented were fantastic, the only thing that is a little bit of a issue is the rule that members must have a WATS of 10 to post a thread because I have noticed that some just simple post 9/11 stuff in other forums. Perhaps a WATS of 5 would work out a little better, or Mods trashing any thread made in another forum that should be in the 9/11 forum (harsh i know)

Overall I personally have noticed that these rules have overall improved the 9/11 forum and I really hope the are kept and enforced.
edit on 15-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Overall I personally have noticed that these rules have overall improved the 9/11 forum

specially when it keeps new members from posting new information!!!

I use to be able to start a thread in the 9-11 forum...but not since the 'rule' change....how convenient huh...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hgfbob

Overall I personally have noticed that these rules have overall improved the 9/11 forum

specially when it keeps new members from posting new information!!!

I use to be able to start a thread in the 9-11 forum...but not since the 'rule' change....how convenient huh...

You really are becoming quite transparent are you not,

Quite obvious that you will basically do anything for the sake of stirring up an argument, in fact you have became so desperate for this that you have started on my posts that are almost a year old.

Yes these new rules have improved the level of decorum on the forum (although i am truly amazed you seem to be avoiding the attention of the mods with your aggressive posting style) but it has nothing to do with preventing new members from posting new information.

In fact I welcome the posting of new information on this topic.

So much so that this year in a thread I wrote about the state of the 9/11 forum, Is the 9/11 Forum Dying, in which you have been posting in for quite some time now about totally unrelated issues, and in that thread i have said that:

One of the big reasons behind this decline may be as a result of ATS's continued policy of only allowing members who have a WATS score greater than 10 to create new threads, perhaps if these restrictions where lifted it would be encourage newer members to engage in more discussion.

So actually I support the idea of relaxing the rules and I have quite clearly said as much on a thread which you are still currently posting in quite regularly (or did you not actually bother to read the OP?)

You really are now making it blatantly clear what kind of member you really are.

please stop trying to pick out a argument with me just for the sake of it, I am not interested.
edit on 22-7-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

You really are becoming quite transparent are you not,

yea, you already said that.....what's the matter, not use to someone sticking to a topic without being led astray....

i have NO interest in DISCUSSING....there is no discussion about this, there is YOU and all those whom support the BS official claims to PROVE THEM THROUGH SCIENCE!!!

why, cause the OS is BASED in science!!!....not agenda as you all WISH It to be....

you have been posting in for quite some time now about totally unrelated issues

which you say because I refuse to partake in your Sunday Social 'politically correct' discussions?????

you posted 9-11 is dying, I showed you it's not......and you seem to have a problem with that...wanna do something about it.....SCIENTIFICALLY PROVE THE OFFICIAL CLAIMS PUSHED AS TRUTH!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hgfbob
i have NO interest in DISCUSSING

About the first accurate thing you have posted!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join