It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
You know better then that Dave.. I'm against any kind of censorship. If you're replying to a post regarding space lasers then you should call it "space lasers". But you know that you inject that into almost every single thread regardless if that theory is being discussed or not.

You're overlooking the reason why I do that- the sheer number of competing and often contradictory conspiracy theories suggests that people are seeing what they themselves want to see here, rather than basing it on the available facts as they insist they're doing. How else can three people watch the exact same video footage of the towers collapsing and yet come up with three completely different explanations for what caused it? Your taking umbrage over *your* theory being lumped in with *their* theories in the same sentence only means you're admitting this yourself, so I don't see how it's trolling or spamming to point this observation out.

I don't get offended by anything said here. I even named a thread with one of your favorite phrases.

Must have missed that one. If it was called "damned fool conspiracy websites" I think after that invasion by the Pilots for 9/11 Truth zealots, the ATS moderators are probably going to start using that phrase themselves

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Must have missed that one

You were the first one to reply.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I will try to never visit another 911 thread.

In my book, any further discussion is just more OS cover.

It's a done deal. It was an inside job, and hell will be the price to pay.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I commend and respect your decision. When you reach a point that not only is your mind made up, but anyone who disagrees is either evil or mentally deficient, there's no room for civil discourse.

I hope everyone who feels as you do follows your example. Seriously, that's a mature and reasonable decision.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think the mods are holding back here now, going to point out what exactly goes on in 911 threads, by referring to the last 10-15 posts.

I realize this goes on in lots of threads, but the 911 ones never seem to really discuss ideas respectfully, since that's all it should be unless you built the towers, have direct and provable insider info, or were in the investigation after the fall. A real discussion would allow for expression of out-there hypothesis, and then a nice group break-down of it's possibilities. That never happens, and it is unfortunate.

ETA: guess I posted too late.

edit on 3-8-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I see the calculation for the wats index but don't fully understand it.
But what is the K index about?

Also is saying that someone is a truther or OSer an outing offence now?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

See here for explanation of K. Or at least, as close to an explanation as you'll get.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
i am fxxxxd off with this WATS score ? of 10 to start a thread .i am still on 3 mind you just had 1500 points deducted for INAPROPRIATE POSTS ? ANYBODY GOT ANY ADVICE

Be patient, find a forum where you can get along with people, build up your score. It doesn't take as long as you'd think as soon as you get away from all the people who like to argue and push your buttons.
If you have any photoshop skills, we have a great little avatar thread going on where people describe what they want and a bunch of us whip up what we can and it's 99.999% troll free and a really nice place to be where everyone interacts and treats others well. The link is in my sig line if you are interested.
There are also seasonal "talent shows" where you can earn back those points you lost. We'll have another of the "talent shows" (don't want to call them contests, because it's not a competitive/beat down your opponent type thing, it's just people sharing the artistic and graphic abilities in a pleasant atmosphere)... around the end of August/beginning of September concerning "Autumn" if you'd like to participate and help raise your WATS score with nice, positive interaction.

reply to post by beezzer

BEEEEZZERRRRR!!!!
I just love that lil bunny!

edit on 3-8-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
So did everybody get their feelings hurt and don't want to play anymore? No posts in 2 days over there...
edit on 3-8-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

I can view the threads now, but when I tried to post a reply, it gave me the screen about how the forum was closed for review over the P4T thing. Maybe it's a mod mishap. I've got no idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What about calling people 'truthers'? Members find that equally offensive as being called a 'shill'.

Can we have some equal rules please, otherwise it just seems 'OS'ers' are getting special treatment.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hey, SO, I thought I'd come to you and ask...why isn't 911, in toto, [HOAX]ed? Can you tell me anything truthful about what was reported, that fateful day? I remember the morning paper, the Sun Times, had a headline that very morning: WHY IS THIS MAN DRIVING? which showed what happens when a few cops do a little detective work and find out that a guy is actually operating a motor vehicle, without a license. The blow up picture took up the entire front page. I held on to it, even before the drones struck, exactly 3 months to the minute from Tim McVeigh's lethal injection. To. The. Minute.

WHY IS THIS MAN DRIVING!!!!!!!

That was the headline, boss, on a major city's major rag. on September 11th, 2001. Slow news daze, boy, I'd say that, for a few news groups, at any rate, 911 was a GOOD THING.

Did it hurt things around here?

Or, I might wonder if something even bigger is about to transpire.
Just wondering, and watching.

Maybe the next falsie will be treated as such, as a [HOAX], from day 1. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified
What about calling people 'truthers'? Members find that equally offensive as being called a 'shill'.

Can we have some equal rules please, otherwise it just seems 'OS'ers' are getting special treatment.

Believing in the OS doesn't mean your a shill or disinfo agent, if you dont believe the OS guess what you are

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Thank you.

I hardly ever participate in the forum these days for many of the reasons that you've outlined needing changes. Do I believe the OS? No, I have many questions, I also don't believe in holographic jets, laser beams from space nor Nano-termites either.

edit on 2-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Man, that is some record, 50 posts a day for 4 years. congratulations, you win an olympic medal for that contribution.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by Unity_99

Neither "side" has a monopoly on the term "shill". If you consider yourself on any side other than the side searching for truth, you've already lost. The intent is to be collaborative, NOT competitive.

Being honest doesn't mean you're free to spew every thought about someone else that may enter your head. Anyone who thinks honesty and civility are mutually exclusive is probably in the wrong place.
edit on 8/2/2012 by yeahright because: typo

Why do you mods/admins make such a big thing about calling people shills? Why do you care about that term so much? Why are you not concerned about members calling people 'truther' or 'crazy truther' or whatever, which is offensive to some, that term is used way more than the shill term, but you always lean towards stopping people calling others shills?

Most people dont care to be called shills, but people do find being called a truther offensive. I'm not going to go into the reasons why people get offended by the term truther, but can you please apply more emphasis on terms people really do find offensive.

After all, if no one has anything to hide then they wont care if they are called 'shill' or similar.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by Unity_99

Neither "side" has a monopoly on the term "shill". If you consider yourself on any side other than the side searching for truth, you've already lost. The intent is to be collaborative, NOT competitive.

Being honest doesn't mean you're free to spew every thought about someone else that may enter your head. Anyone who thinks honesty and civility are mutually exclusive is probably in the wrong place.
edit on 8/2/2012 by yeahright because: typo

You know full well that there are known members in the 9/11 forum that are not searching for the 'truth'.

Certain members support the OS completely, and will troll till they are blue with those really searching for the truth, you know who I'm on about, anyone in the 9/11 forum knows who I am on about, so if you eliminate said trolls then you will solve the shill calling issue you seem so keen to eradicate.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Not to derail this thread. Brand new thread all 9/11 researchers should have a bit of interest in....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyone recognize their home?

Des

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by tallcool1

Asking people to actually read and comprehend what SO wrote or the follow along context of this thread is beyond some members abilities apparently. No wonder there is so much animosity here sometimes.

Asking people to be more respectful of others opinions and quit with the name calling equals "The End"

Man.........

I cannot hope to keep up with your prodigious output, but here's another post, from me.

It's not the end.

It is the signal, the cue, for a fresh spate of falsies.

WHY IS THIS MAN DRIVING=NEW FALSE FLAG TERROR ACTIVITY

Now sit back and enjoy the show, maybe think of kinder, gentler machine gun hands, caressing us back from emotional trauma. But no rough stuff, eh?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Why is it many members can spot shills, but mods seem to have blinkers on?

It's not impossible, if intelligent members can spot shill behaviours in that forum then the mods sure can.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm so bummed. Now I can't get involved in the battles I had no idea I was a part of. Crazy how you learn quickly there are really like 20 people on all 9/11 forums on the web who do this on a daily basis. Same stuff same people on each one. Highschool is in session (or was)...

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified
Man, that is some record, 50 posts a day for 4 years. congratulations, you win an olympic medal for that contribution.

Thank you and about 99.99999% of those have nothing to do with the 9/11 forum

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join