It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
On this day, ATS Members (with the support of staff), take back the 9/11 Conspiracies forum from the despicable sensationalist equivocators who have usurped these topics in the name of gratuitous squabbling and attention-seeking chicanery. These topics have become so irreparably polluted with the flotsam of escalating one upmanship and repugnant language that no thinking person dare consider participation.

To those responsible, spare me your feigned indignation and self-righteous disdain. You've turned important topics into intense personality clashes of Internet trollery for your heinous egotistical personal entertainment. Forcing away all who may examine and challenge your position from a learned but concerned vantage point.

On ATS, this announcement marks the beginning of the end.

The new rules for the 9/11 Conspiracies Forum are painfully clear, and based on your prior efforts of contributing value to ATS.

(1) To Create New Threads:

Your WATS score (the blue W in your mini profile) must be 10 or better. And you must have been an ATS member for at least 30 days.

(2) To Reply To Existing Threads:

Your WATS score must be at least 1.0 and you must have been an ATS member for at least 48 hours.

(3) Your Account Will Be Terminated for Any Infraction:

You will receive an immediate account termination for all T&C infractions other than large quotes and off-topic posts. Unless, of course, in the opinion of our staff, your repeated off-topic (or large quotes) are an attempt at disrupting the forum.

Example: calling any ATS member a shill will result in an account termination.

Equivocation or artificial confusion of these clearly defined parameters for 9/11 Conspiracies forum participation will not be entertained.

After 90 days under these new parameters specific to the 9/11 Conspiracies Forum, our staff will review progress. If there is significant improvement, the immediate account termination rules may be relaxed. However, items one and two will never be altered or otherwise relaxed.

There will be another announcement to indicate that the necessary changes have been made, and the forum has been re-opened for participation.

Rule #3 applies in this thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for acknowledging that the staff realizes what was going on and doing something to change it.

I am one of those who read interesting sounding threads but was completely turned off from participating because of what you described.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thanks boss.

I've actually never, ever posted in that forum.

May have to take a look.

link   
Why is the example of rudeness extended to the side that say or imply "shill" when its the other side that uses put downs and rudeness most of the time. Also I really wish we had a shill emoticon, after all we should be able to freely express our true opinions instead of lying to everyone what we think because we're not allowed to be honest apparently, and that would sufficiently defuse alot of heated I think. That is my personal, but strongly held, opinion.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   

Excellent and reasoned reaction.

Seems like sensible policies to apply to any forum that is inundated with trolls, as well.

link   

Thank you for your wise handling of this situation. I take back my earlier post from the Funny Pics thread (if I could still edit it) and offer this in it's stead:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

calling any ATS member a shill will result in an account termination.

Thank you!!
I have stayed out of the 911 forum for alot of reasons.
Thanks for addressing it.

link   
Does termination deletes all your posts or is it like a ban?
Is calling someone a shill (not that I ever did) in other sub forums punished, too?

I just ask these questions because it´s what came up first reading this and might help others.

link   

Great News! Maybe I'll start reading in there again!

One question: Does the following apply only to the 9/11 forum?

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You mean to tell us that you can't honestly express an opinion without being insulting? Or derogatory?

This thread is meant as a none too subtle warning...disregard at your own peril.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Great News! Maybe I'll start reading in there again!

One question: Does the following apply only to the 9/11 forum?

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I was wondering that too.

I've been called a shill and disinfo agent many times but I don't post in the 9/11 forum.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Thank you.

I hardly ever participate in the forum these days for many of the reasons that you've outlined needing changes. Do I believe the OS? No, I have many questions, I also don't believe in holographic jets, laser beams from space nor Nano-termites either.

edit on 2-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Neither "side" has a monopoly on the term "shill". If you consider yourself on any side other than the side searching for truth, you've already lost. The intent is to be collaborative, NOT competitive.

Being honest doesn't mean you're free to spew every thought about someone else that may enter your head. Anyone who thinks honesty and civility are mutually exclusive is probably in the wrong place.
edit on 8/2/2012 by yeahright because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I've been called a shill and disinfo agent many times

I think alot of us have at one point or another and it is not a debate tactic,its a weak personal attack from someone who can't debate a point being made they do not agree with...so they sling the mud instead to make themselves feel more "right"

When I see that word,I get annoyed.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thank You ATS. I no longer have to wear my flame retardant suit of armor to enter the 9/11 forum, if only to read.

Des

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Great news.

But I must warn those who are going to attempt to test this new policy.

Attempting to obfuscate or argue this policy will not work. I for one am VERY glad that this is the new policy and this will in time, bring the 911 forum back to where it should be, instead of what it turned into.

The 911 forum is now a zero tolerance forum for T&C infractions.

Zero...

~Tenth

link   
What I find funny is people taking offence on the internet forum, from someone who doesn't know them personally, being called a shill or whatever terms are used.

Beyond funny...since I was never offended by any word spoken here...I find this notice irrelevant to my experience here....but thanks anyway.

Hope you guys didn't break a sweat designing these rules.

link   
Thank you!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

forum from the despicable sensationalist equivocators who have usurped these topics in the name of gratuitous squabbling and attention-seeking chicanery. These topics have become so irreparably polluted with the flotsam of escalating one upmanship and repugnant language that no thinking person dare consider participation.

Holy Thesaurus...language lesson aside, well done.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

It's not so much about offense as it is about derailing a discussion. Once the personal attacks start, that becomes the thread topic. We're not looking to keep people from being offended, we're looking to have the threads focus on the topic and not the participants. Do the personal attack at youtube or somewhere, not here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join