It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: World forces must strive to annihilate Israel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I don't know if it is true hatred towards Israel, but, it may be that the US gov't seems to give them a free pass when no one else gets one.

Its quite obvious why. Israel has one of, if not the most organized lobby groups in America. They have strong agendas, are well connected, and have a voter base that votes as the lobby groups want. The citizens of the USA would do well to learn from their example, form their own lobby group, 140 million strong, and demand the change needed. Balanced budget legislation would be an amazing start. But no, "Occupy Wallstreet" is the way they go about it.

Iran is horrible when it comes to human rights, but is Israel any better?

Generally no, but one way they are head and shoulders above Iran in they way they treat their own citizens, and the way they treat gays and women.

Iran cannot pursue enrichment of Uranium past a certain point, but Israel can have many nuclear bombs? I know Iran is a signatory of the NPT, and as such they should allow the IAEA unrestricted access to their facilities, but if they were to drop out of the NPT, wouldn't that look even worse and would they be allowed to pursue nuclear ambitions if that was the case?

I agree here. It is unfair, but i do view Iran as a bit of a nutcase. They are religious in the extreme, and some of their leadership believes in the 12th Imam. I dont like an appocalyptic cult having their finger on the button. Unfair, sure. But the less countries with nuclear weapons the better imo.
edit on 3-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by inalandfaraway

Originally posted by gravitational
To all you Arabic speaking members here – and we know there are many – I dare you say this is a mistranslation:

It's not.

The hatred for Israel (not Jooooooooz, not Zionisist, but Israel) is deep in this region.

DEEP.

Looking at the posts here on ATS, its quite apparent the hate for Israel is growing here in the West as well. While i can understand Palestinian angst, the overall anger directed at the Jews seems so disproportionate to me.

It's simple: divide and conquer works, even if that means convincing people that somehow God is in the real estate business.

Palestine continues to be the world's largest open air concentration camp because Palestinians serve as poster children for everything anti-Israel (even though Arabs themselves hold a lot of responsibility for the situation - they were happy to take money in trade for land nobody else wanted) while the Arab world does NOTHING to end Palestinian plight. Palestine also provides a necessary distraction from the hot messes and overall sh!t holes that comprise the Arab world. This is quite likely the same strategy in the west - "Wow, I'm so sad. I don't have a job and I can't feed my family." "Look! It's that evil Israel doing somethingorother again!" Distraction win, right?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The problem is Islam is too strong and Judaism is too strong and Christianity is too strong. These three primal forces of nature are bound to come head to head in a conflict.

And all three can reject paganism or far eastern religions and conflict with them too.

All of the specific details matter not. They're just branches extending outward from roots.

Please note that they're monotheistic religions. There's less tolerance.

I also suspect that it's genetic or at least deeply social in origin.

But maybe I'm wrong.

History says we fight over resources. Religion is like a flag we wave in battle. It recieves the most attention since it's the most obvious. But it's not the cause of the conflict.

But what if its origins are more deeply tied to something else? Not resources?

I believe religion and spiritualism are deeply embedded in our instincts. We use them to cope with despair and death anxiety. So it's really genetic in nature. IF it's even relevant.
edit on 3-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i see this thread is hotting up...

few facts to state... (for morons who fell for MSM bull)

he did not say wipe isreal off the map (he said wipe zionist regime off the map)

anti-zionist and anti-semetic are different

their nuclear program is peaceful (to kill innocents is against his religion and if he is such a religious whacko then he aint gonna piss off his god (allah)

will you believe MSM about WMD ever again? remember iraq and that building site made to look like a WMD command post

also are you gonna believe the media when they are out for making money
(yes media makes money that is their purpose)
and when money is involved the rothschilds are capable of ruining anyone/thing
(the rothschilds are jewish)

in 1948 britain gave into jewish banking (rothschilds) cartel for fear of "economic ruin" and the partition began
since then isreal has grabbed land from palestinians

this war has been planned for a long time
(i believe there is a video of george bush saying iran instead of iraq way back in 2001)
why else would you surround a country like that with your bases
simply invading surrounding countrys to make victory certain

and beside im sure iran has had nukes for years but MSM wants you to think they will use them on isreal immediately

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Its quite obvious why. Israel has one of, if not the most organized lobby groups in America. They have strong agendas, are well connected, and have a voter base that votes as the lobby groups want. The citizens of the USA would do well to learn from their example, form their own lobby group, 140 million strong, and demand the change needed. Balanced budget legislation would be an amazing start. But no, "Occupy Wallstreet" is the way they go about it.

Agreed.

Generally no, but one way they are head and shoulders above Iran in they way they treat their own citizens, and the way they treat gays and women.

Ask a Palestinian if they share your point of view.

I agree here. It is unfair, but i do not view Iran as a bit of a nutcase. They are religious in the extreme, and some of their leadership believes in the 12th Imam. I dont like an appocolyptic cult having their finger on the button. Unfair, sure. But the less countries with nuclear weapons the better imo.

While I believe no countries should have nukes, the pot shouldn't call the kettle black. As for the twelvers, well, I have gone into it before in threads that you were a part of, and there are extremists in any religion. For twelvers to start a war would be against their religion so I don't believe they would push the button.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Was just using him as an example.....besides...you always do what the guy who holds a gun to yer head says...if he says hang gays....you hang gays.

The man is not the policy...the policy is not dictated by the man.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

NO. Their homeland is called Palestine.

I guess my point is the land known as "Palestine" stretched well into Jordan (east) and Syria (north) but no one suggests that either of these countries pushed out Arab Palestines, and neither country is allowing these refugees the chance to live on what was once their land, but that is ok since they are not Jews doing this to them....

edit on 3-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
well obviously he doesn't take these ortho jews seriously either. anyway they are not the ones in airplanes and with guns. they just have crazy beards and sideburns.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjbaggins

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Sublimecraft

He doesn't say annihalate Israel. The media sure does love taking advantage of losing context in the translation of pretty much everything Iran says. The only war drums being beaten are being beaten by Israel. Fact.

Here we go again. Please do the research yourself instead of making everybody else show you where he has said this. He has stated he wants to wipe Israel off the face of the map. Just Google it or something if your lazy. I wish the people who love this man would go visit Iran and see how wonderful their country is. I don't have anything against the people of Iran, only the leaders who decide how their country is going to act. I think the humane thing to do is for Israel or the United States to take out the nuclear facilitries now rather than let them get a nuke and give them the chance to use it. This would cause the deaths of many Iranians who are inocent because they would be turned to glass. That's all I'm going to say about this!

Well jeez thanks Forrest.

No such statement was made. maybe it is you who should research how one can learn other languages and when fluent in Farsi then come back and right your wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join