It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rossi and Ecat: Are there any believers left???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What ever happened to him and his magical machine?
Shouldn't he have saved Greece by now?
Or
Do you think Big Oil bought him out and he lives a life of luxury?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Never heard of him or Ecat, so I thought I'd educate my self:

www.e-catworld.com...

First google search turns up that his tech is to be presented in Switzerland sept 2012.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

He said that in 2010. His "big reveal", where all doubts would be put to rest, turned out to be more smoke and mirrors. His apologists said "just wait, we'll have the independent lab results in the coming weeks". That was nearly a year ago.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As far as i've read, they have tested it in Australia, and it was working at the time.
Fell out with the information tho.

Its one of those things that will never see the light of day, even if it works to spec. The elite don't want that. It would end their reign over us.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Its one of those things that will never see the light of day, even if it works to spec. The elite don't want that. It would end their reign over us.

Independent and transparent tests to date: none. No need to invoke conspiracy theories for this one.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
After following all the developments in this tech for a couple of years now im pretty convinced that it is the real deal. There have been a number of problems with other people trying to steal the designs and Rossi is very weary of putting in patents in case people rip off his work with derivative designs. Fingers crossed he manages to get it up and running .

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

There have been a number of problems with other people trying to steal the designs and Rossi is very weary of putting in patents in case people rip off his work with derivative designs.

That's why they have patent infringment laws.

My hunch is that he cannot patent it because people will make a copy and find out it doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I think hes going to far with the whole thing for it to be a hoax. Many great inventors in the past have guarded their secrets to closely and in the end just never managed to get them off the ground. Im thinking of the inventor of Starlite.

One of the companies he was working with have now claimed to have devloped thier own cold fusion system based off his idea. Would they both be hoaxing?

Maybe im just blinded by hope for a better energy source on this one but i dont get a feeling its a hoax. Fingers crossed.
edit on 2-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Maybe im just blinded by hope for a better energy source on this one but i dont get a feeling its a hoax. Fingers crossed.

No one had a bad feeling about Bernie Madoff either.

I suspect Rossi has been recieving money to promote his device for the past two years from somebody. It's been a steady paycheck so far. But if this thing worked he could have had it producing electricity for the grid for many months. The steady income checks would have gone a long way to support his claim.

Fear of patent infringment does nothing to get your name in the record books. Nor does it get you construction contracts. You can't put this thing in a closet and only open the door once a year, and expect the world will beat a path to your door. So it's more than fear of theft it's fear of failure.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

It's the same drawn out, drip fed scam that has been doing the rounds of "over unity" circles since the dawn of time. Make a big press release, drum up some investment, announce a big demo, reduce demo to a managed stage show because of "technical problems", make promises that are just around the corner, just wait a little longer, repeat to fade. The only thing miraculous about it is that his apologists still think he's on to something, regardless of all the big red flags that say it's a hoax/fraud.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

The why would another company be claiming to have ripped off his stuff and be producing their own version based on his designs?

What would be the ultimate aim of all this for him if it was a hoax?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

First google search turns up that his tech is to be presented in Switzerland sept 2012.

ATS search is your friend.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by samkent

The why would another company be claiming to have ripped off his stuff and be producing their own version based on his designs?

Investor money.

I'm not going to repeat myself a million times. You are going to say, "Oh but he didn't ask for money..." or some other person is going to.

If you want my answer/explanation to that you can search the old Rossi threads.

Hi shenanigans have been well documented on ATS since he came out of the woodwork.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Let's see: why would another "company" claim to have ripped off Jack's magic beans? I know, because you can grab 'em now while they're hot, just sign on the dotted line!

Still, absolutely zero independent test results. Absolutely zero science to back anything up. Absolutely zero transparency throughout the entire process. Yet, the believers cling on...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by samkent

He claims that if he gets a patent someone would rip off his idea.

I say someone would try to duplicate his results and fail. At that point his game would be up. No more money, no more press, no more trips to exotic cities. Just lawsuits from investors.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Rossi is a colossal distraction from the real people doing real cold fusion work like Robert Godes and Brillouin energy or Mitchell schwartzes NANOR device....

Both of these groups have working devices and are rushing towards commercialization as we speak, and it scares the pants off of certain people that are heavily invested in other paradigms. I really wouldn't be surprised to find out these groups are financing Rossi on the sly to make cold fusion look bad to the investors of the world.

Make no mistake there is real and groundbreaking work taking place in LENR or LANR or CANR or whatever you want to call it, but I highly doubt Rossi is anything but a fraud like the last 3 businesses he's started.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Im not convinced just yet. Im certainly not convinced that his motives would be investor money, trips to cities and fame..it would all be so short lived. Has anyone ever made any decent money from this sort of hoax.

Im not saying its definitely not a hoax its just i cant see its worth it for what he would get or is getting right now. He would be ruined with a terrible reputation , he would have to be crazy to try it. Im certainly a bit more open to the possibility he could be lying but ive yet to be convinced.

Like you said "Just lawsuits from investors. " so what the point of continuing?

Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I dislike this trend of putting "Belief" in the middle of a scientific question.
What one believes is irrelevant, once we have hard data from reproducible experiments, we can speak with some authority.
Whether I believe or not, doesn't change a thing, it either works or not.

Note: I wasn't trying to bash the OP, it's just that this "belief" crap is corrupting this forum from the inside out, the same happens with UFOS, you have the believers, the unbelievers, and all that jazz and IT DOESN'T MATTER, it's just dirt in the water (?) If ET dudes are here, they are here, if they are not, they are not, who freaking cares what we believe.
I believe (pun intended) that this self-entitlement is very pernicious for the site's motto. When we start placing more importance in defending what we believe than in finding out what the hell is actually going on, we start losing the fight...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
And if this was the first time Rossi was involved in something dubious you'd be correct to be dubious of people's skepticism about Rossi but this isn't Rossi's first rodeo. and if his past track record is anything to go on then chances are the Ecat will lead nowhere like his other businesses.

For example Rossi was involved with a company called petroldragon supposedly turning garbage into synthetic fuel. That ended in him doing prison time once for not paying his debts and once for allegedly dumping toxic waste.

Then there;s the millions he got in government funding to research high efficient thermoelectric generators which came to exactly Bubkiss...

And this is according to Rossi himself....

As you can see his track record isn't exactly sterling. Now I'm all for giving people a second chance but if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck then it's probably a duck.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

But he obviously didnt make any money from what happened before and he did prison time for his actions. So would this seem like a good idea to be creating a large hoax?

I mean if he had pulled off a hoax , made lots of money, got famous and was doing it again then it would be very suspicious. But just failing once is not grounds to think hes a serial hoaxer that cant be trusted. Many of histories innovators failed lots of times before they finally got it right.

Im still not convinced.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join