It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear or Love, which one are you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
We are constantly choosing in any given moment to either love or be afraid. It's in every decision we make. I've spent years living in an Us vs Them mentality. Recently it occurred to me that I fear and hate about half of my fellow human beings. I asked myself why. I didn't come up with a clear answer but i did realize something...

I want to love you all. I know many of you have done things that in my opinion are unethical, insensitive, and directly opposed to my ideals. But my ideals don't leave any room for hate.

I know their are many reasons to justify my hate for you but I deny them all in the name of Forgiveness and Love. And by forgiveness I don't mean "you did something obnoxious but since I'm loving I'll tolerate it." What I mean is that I literally recognize that you've done no wrong. You are as perfect as you were when you were born.

Right and wrong are relative terms. One can't exist without the other. If you lived in a perfect world where "wrong" didn't exist, you would have no bearing as to what "right" even means. It would be a non-existent. Just as their is no "up" without "down." Therefore I conclude that making mistakes is a natural part of being a human being. We are perfect, mistakes and all.

Even if you were to convince me that human beings value is defined by their mistakes, I would still rather live in a world where I've forgiven my fellows. Where I look into your eyes and tell myself, "The god in me sees the god in you."

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have no fear....
I have only love.....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
One of my favourite scenes

We are bit more complex than what you imply.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

Wise words, thank you for sharing. my vote is for Love.

'We are All here playing a part and We are All playing it beautifully.'

Truly,

(sorry, i could not help myself
)

Much Love my friend!
edit on 8/2/12 by soulshn because: =)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I am love for sure.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

I am a Lover...... Not a hater, There is not many people i don't get on with, Only 1 i can think of.... I wouldnt go as far as saying i hate them though....

Thanks for that, I have not seen that film, Going to watch it now, Cheer's

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I agree with you, we all need to accept that we can only view the world as we were raised to view the world and how we have interpreted everything for ourselves. We cannot fault someone for being raised the 'wrong' way because in their eyes they are doing what they believe is right and we may be 'wrong' in their eyes. Love and acceptance is the answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Learning from mistakes I HOPE but MARS makes me question if any learning has been going on when I view the weapons on this PLANET NOW
(MARS WARS - exodus) HMM MAYBE TO LEARN MEMORY NEEDS TO REMAIN INTACT SO MEMORY OF WHATS BEEN DONE STICKS WITH those who may be about to make same mistakes. HAS THERE EVER BEEN AN ATTEMPT TO BUILD A PARTICLE ACCELERATOR on another planet?

I choose to LOVE w/ HOPE
edit on 8/2/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat

We are bit more complex than what you imply.

Donnie Darko, my #1 favorite movie of all time.

Interestingly enough, if you listen to the audio commentary during that scene, director Richard Kelly says in one way or another that he agrees with the "Love vs Fear logic" even though the movie wasn't written that way (or something along those lines). Which on a different topic I think is an interesting decision on his part to discredit his own beliefs in a pivotal seen in the movie.

I don't deny we are more complex, but I am suggesting that at the root of our emotional responses to external circumstances we are basing our response on either fear or love. However, That is a footnote of this thread. My main topic was how we react to others who stray from our ideals of human behavior.

My main argument is that it's better to react with forgiveness than with judgement, with love rather than hate, that we are actually diminished to the extent of our hate and judgement of others.

edit on 2-8-2012 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I do love and I have some things that I am fearful about.

I personally do not love everyone; there are people on this planet who are truly evil; that enjoy being evil and will never be anything but evil; these people I do not love and I never will.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
With so much fear controlling societies Im so happy that only a small percentage of Love can destroy a large percentage of fear.

Beautiful words of love posted in this thread is proof to me one day Love will conquer all,
even if not in my mortal lifetime.

I choose to Love and die trying than Live and die in fear.

Peace and love to you all.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Anyone who says they are without fear is lying. Unless we live in a Sultan's palace, fear is a necessity. I would wager that anyone who says they are love and not fear would fear being told otherwise.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why does it have to be Fear "OR" Love?

I choose freedom so I choose both. I choose fear when it is helpful to my well-being and I choose love when there is no reason to fear.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Anyone who says they are without fear is lying. Unless we live in a Sultan's palace, fear is a necessity. I would wager that anyone who says they are love and not fear would fear being told otherwise.

Very true, however some realize their fears and try to overcome them.

The most powerful way in my opinion is with Love.

My experiences tell/show me that when overcoming fear with love on makes the fear attack you even more but with persistence of love one can transcend past even the most powerful fears and allow one to experience what some might call heaven.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Why does it have to be Fear "OR" Love?

I choose freedom so I choose both. I choose fear when it is helpful to my well-being and I choose love when there is no reason to fear.

What if one keeps experiencing the same fear, would they not use the knowledge of that fear to overcome it.

Say like a person being afraid of fire, had family die by fire, keep having the misfortune of being around fire, my opinion is to become a fire fighter then and fight the fire to overcome the fear.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I don't think anyone is making this claim. To live without fear would be the ideal. I guess I would like to think that I'm striving to be fearless knowing that I'll never do it perfectly. Then of course there is evolutionary fear which has kept human beings alive and kicking for thousands of years. No one can deny that fear plays an important role when faced with physical danger.

The kind of fearlessness ideals I'm referring to would look something like this;

Your significant other comes home and tells you that they've met someone and fallen in love with them. They want to leave and want your blessing. If you truly are in love with this person, you would want nothing more for them to be happy, even if it's in another person's arms.

If you were invested into the relationship as a sense of self you would have a hard time letting go. You would be afraid of being alone, you would be afraid that your sense of self is diminished without this persons love and affection.

Love needs nothing and gives everything. It's empowering and liberating in every way.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5
I don't deny we are more complex, but I am suggesting that at the root of our emotional responses to external circumstances we are basing our response on either fear or love. However, That is a footnote of this thread. My main topic was how we react to others who stray from our ideals of human behavior.

My main argument is that it's better to react with forgiveness than with judgement, with love rather than hate, that we are actually diminished to the extent of our hate and judgement of others.

But judgment is inscribed in our perception of the world, if you look at someone's act you have to judge it to comprehend it. One look at the world through himself, so to speak.

Of course its better to react with forgiveness, but if you want to change something (like other persons behaviour), well... you have to judge it to give a frame of reference to show wrongness.
How badly that sounds fear is also necessary emotion to comprehend right and wrong.

Fear and love are two sides of the same coin, ying and yang. One cannot exist without another.
To decide which are you is just fantasy. We, humans, all love... just different things, often colliding with other people's "love objects".

Originally posted by ladylove

Luckeeeeeee

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

necessity, no FEAR is a tool of NATAS to control that is all? YOU can tell me I am not love and I wouldnt fear otherwise. If you possess fear then you always leave a evol PIMP access to you internally to have their ways with your conscious and flesh. FEAR WHAT? THE GOD(S) DOES NOT REQUEST FEAR ENERGY FROM 1 OR ALL, so what WHY FEAR ANYTHING, because it may feel it can destroy me thru negative flesh interactions hmm well then I would have first go at what wants me to fear it FROM A MORE SOUL/INTERNAL ENERGY/SPIRIT ASPECT AND MAY BECOME MORE DANGEROUS AND EFFECTIVE UPON IT FROM THERE? FEAR IS NOT NEEDED CAUTION/LOGIC YES BUT FEAR NO.
edit on 8/2/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat

Originally posted by brianmg5

But judgment is inscribed in our perception of the world, if you look at someone's act you have to judge it to comprehend it. One look at the world through himself, so to speak.

Of course its better to react with forgiveness, but if you want to change something (like other persons behaviour), well... you have to judge it to give a frame of reference to show wrongness.
How badly that sounds fear is also necessary emotion to comprehend right and wrong.

Fear and love are two sides of the same coin, ying and yang. One cannot exist without another.
To decide which are you is just fantasy. We, humans, all love... just different things, often colliding with other people's "love objects".

Originally posted by ladylove

Luckeeeeeee

I agree that fear and love can't exist without the other but it doesn't need to be in your backyard to exist. I can know that fear exists without living in fear.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There is a kind of transformation that comes with enlightenment, and you can look back on the way you were and say, 'I've been liberated from fear'.

That doesn't mean you won't ever feel fear again. I have felt fear since becoming enlightened. But it's not quite the same as the mundane sort of fear that the unenlightened feel.

Along with liberation from fear comes detachment, and an ability to feel unconditional, undifferentiated love and forgiveness and compassion for everyone. Of course living in the world makes it hard to maintain all that 24/7...and sometimes things happen that require me to find my center again.

But I always do.

edit on 2-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join