It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
[And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them.

This shows your total lack of knowledge regarding life.

Most crimes/homicides are commiteted by ILLEGAL guns. So...if you don't allow HONEST citizens to own guns then homocides will occur from the illegal guns and the homicide rate will probably go even higher because HONEST citezens won't be able to protect themselves from the ILLEGAL guns.

More people die from smoking cigarettes per year than all crimes and traffic related deaths combined.

I honestly don't understand the logic behind people who are anti gun. It's because of people with guns that you're allowed to sit there all smug, voicing you're neive point of view trying to force your ideals and beliefs upon the rest of mankind.

NO man has the right to have dominion or power over anyone elses. That goes both ways, including the gun (laws) they use to threaten, control enslave and destroy the lives of millions. How many innocent lives are destroyed by CORRUPT politicians, cops and judges/lawyers when their crimes and abuse of the laws they are sworn to uphold are a thousand times worse and are NEVER prosecuted for them?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

Thats funny ive never used a firearm to kill anything... Markmanship practice is a blast though... Boom there is no difference now

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Lame

Some things are usefull in the daily life of running society, like knife's, car's or whatever...
Gun's are usefull for absolutly nothing, when it get's to running society...

You are partially right, some use their guns every day, for protection or hunting, there is also another purpose for them.
Many buy automotive insurance, home insurance, medical insurance, life insurance, Etc.
My gun is a policy against tyranny.
Do you believe that there could ever be a breakdown of civilization? even for a few days?
LA riots, Katrina, Etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by Lannister

You can't just say history is on your side and use that as an argument.Whats the one thing history teaches us? times change, we evolve, and we learn from our MISTAKES

Hitler was less than 100 years ago and people are ready to turn in their guns and trust Government? This isn't like I'm taking us back to the Roman Empire or anything here. This is less than a century ago. Times change, the technology changes, people don't. There is very little difference (if any) between people now and people 200 years ago. As long as you have humans ruling over other humans there will always be tyranny because it is the norm for our species. The God given right to bear arms is the last defense against that which has plagued mankind since we've stepped outside the cave.

History is indeed on my side.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Yes but the goods have to come from somewhere! I'm not saying illegal gun factories don't exist, actually I don't have a clue, but surely most of the time they must have been purchased from somewhere right?

And yeah you're probably right I'm not sure

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Hey man the black market will always have everything criminals want. Just the way of the world

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Well, according to your thinking there should be far more shootings than there are... After all, I've got guns, I should be shooting people with 'em... There are, quite literally, firearms beyond counting in America. So we should all be dead...

Law abiding citizens don't do this. I don't, nor do I particularly care to ever do so. It's not real high on my list of things to do. I do, however, reserve the right via the Constitution, to be secure in my home. A firearm helps to do just that. Just like a hammer helps me to repair said home.

Firearms are tools, nothing more, nothing less. They don't make the decisions to kill, nor do they make it easier to decide to kill. That's the humans job. For good, or for ill. Firearms just lay there.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You completely missed my point..
I'm not going to say anymore its clearly not worth it, I'm British anyway so what do I know about your country.

BTW I loved your "star wars" thread, it was partially responsible for getting me into this site!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

A nuke is also a tool, but every tool has its purpose

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannister

You're arguing your point with someone from the UK. The queen says they cant have guns and determines what is good for them and what isn't
Once again, it comes down to taking gun control advice from someone in a country with out guns or the legal ability to own and possess them freely. So,Like I said before, its like taking driving advice from someone whos never driven

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Why do people not understand this simple concept? Guns enable people to kill. You can dig a hole with your hands, but it's a lot easier with a shovel. The phrase "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" is used over and over again, it's meaningless, OF COURSE people kill people, because they have a gun at their disposal. Any other murder weapon is a lot harder to kill people with, they're more likely to get caught or killed.

England and the USA's non-gun related homicide rate per 100k people is very similar, however gun homicide in the USA is 24.75 times higher, that's a HUGE amount. More people are murdered with guns than saved by guns.

Stop using the "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument, it's stupid. Make a real argument.
edit on 2-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

You have chosen an excellent argument how many guns have killed vs how many they have saved.
Some gun deaths are suicides, in fact a good chunk of them are.
However those saved by a gun generally are not reported as some fear they will get in trouble for defending their lives.
These stats could never be proven and you know that and that is why you used them.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Actually it was Parliment, I believe... But your point remains valid. They, through a duly elected body, decided to disarm themselves...that's their problem. We won't. Nor should we.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You obviously don't know much about the UK.
Where I live I don't feel the need to carry a gun or even keep one in my house.
Surely that's a good thing?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Merely because you don't have the legal right to do so. Your "freedoms" are very limited to what the queen and the government over there tell you.
I know enough about the UK ,from my many friends on this site, to know its not really a good place to visit and I damn sure don't want to live there,
And you made my point clearly enough. Mind your own back yard and quit worrying about whats going on in ours.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
As stated before in this thread...Guns are made for a specific purpose and thats to kill yaaa they dont kill on their own but their function is to kill.

Knives serve a purpose well beyond just one thing. In many areas around the world a knife is the handiest tool you could ever hope to be stuck with. In fact most of you probably use a knife of some sort every single day.

You dont use an Assualt rifle to cut bread...I mean you could but

You dont use an Uzi for hunting or skinning.

The only gun I can see as an actual tool would be rifles and some pistols for hunting purposes.

What reason do we have to own an Assualt rifle with extended mags, machine pistols, hollow points, armor piercing rounds etc... Other than to kill people, and thats their purpose nothing else.

Im not advocating the banning or taking away of any weapons, im just making a point about the OP and the really poor analogy of "Guns hurt people? well so do knives, LETS BAN KNIVES TOO"

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I refer to their government as "The Queen" Its meant as an insult to their government and the Queen. But thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Fpoon

The point in owning an AK-47 with all that you had said...BECAUSE I CAN. And do along with many many others in my collection.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
If you guys like guns that is fine, please don't use these pathetic attempts like comparing, cars to guns, or knife to guns. It looks like you guys are trying hard to defend it.

i can't cook with guns.

i can't drive to work on a gun.

If you LOVE GUN for PROTECTION than you would AGREE with STRICTER RULES.

Interesting, you cannot cook with a knife, knives cut and only cut.
I have never driven a gun to work, have you ever rode a knife to work?
Maybe the Army and police should just give up all of their guns so nobody can be killed ever again right?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

"Merely because you don't have the legal right to do so. Your "freedoms" are very limited to what the queen and the government over there tell you.
I know enough about the UK ,from my many friends on this site, to know its not really a good place to visit and I damn sure don't want to live there,
And you made my point clearly enough. Mind your own back yard and quit worrying about whats going on in ours." And I suggest you do the same. Since you assume the queen actually does anything you obviously don't know much about what its actually like here.

And I ask you again please reply without paranoia being involved in the answer, how is NOT feeling the need to carry a deadly weapon a bad thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join