It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

You don't seem to understand that regulation only effects rational law abiding citizens... The people that would rob or kill you certainly dont care about gun regulations. Not to mention i happen to believe the harder it is for a law abiding citizen to own a firearm the easier it is for a criminal to obtain one.

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Manhater
Must of had some mad ninja skills to kill 9 people with just a knife.

Hard to fathom that.

It's not that hard. People wont come near you if you're swinging a knife and you dont have to aim at all. You could do it with your eyes closed.

Walking down the sidewalk in a highly populated area you could just keep stabbing people in the back and moving on. I'd bet you get through a dozen people before anyone even noticed what you were doing.

In a town I used to live some homeless nut ran into a coffee shop and slashed and stabbed the customers killing a dozen and then ran out into the street and kept cutting up pedestrians before the cops shot him.

It's not hard at all to rack up a knife body count. No reloading either.

Not to mention a million times more silent than the best gun silencer!

OP, I agree!
These weapons of mass destruction must be BANNED!!!

link   
this wouldnt probably happen in us why because he probably would get shot. we all know what happens to the guy who brings the knife to the gun fight. how well anti knife laws working in london?

link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes!!! We need a thread on this I'm sick of peoples desperate attempts to defend guns. And yes I've also heard someone compare them to peanuts!

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by SpearMint

Any other murder weapon is a lot harder to kill people with, they're more likely to get caught or killed.

All the unsolved murders in my area are stabbings, stranglings and blunt force killings.

Can you cite evidence to your claim or are you just going on what you "feel" reality is?

Evidence to what claim? We're not talking about unsolved cases or a small area here.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

What you just said made no sense. It was like you made half a point, but rather than finish the point you ended it before it stopped serving you.

Just as someone will find another way to shovel food in their mouth if there is no food, someone intent on killing someone will find another way if there is no gun. Duh.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

What you just said made no sense. It was like you made half a point, but rather than finish the point you ended it before it stopped serving you.

Just as someone will find another way to shovel food in their mouth if there is no food, someone intent on killing someone will find another way if there is no gun. Duh.

Be more specific please, I've said a lot. And yes people will find other ways, but read my previous posts about that.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
[size=10]FALSE FLAG

I rekon it's the cia, with super duper brain zappers. And they have them on the moon. And the moon is a CIA front. And the CIA is actually the illuminati. From Zeta Reculi, on the way to harvest cows, and making sure nibiru comes along this year.

It is I tell you !! It is!!

I mean just think about it... How can it not be?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

Statistically obvious? You have openly displayed your ignorance or outright deception, which is it? There is no question all the research and stats indicate the opposite (In every country...and in every state in the U.S.). So much so, that the topic has been banned from research credit in college because it has been researched to death and opposes the desire of TPTB. Tell us, where have you heard such drivel? school?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

I am well aware of whats going on around me, thank you.

The chances of something is going to happen to me, you or whoever are slim, but # happens so you never know.

I do not live in the US, which i am glad i don't, the reason for you guys to carry a weapon to protect your self, is because of fear to the unknown, you can not protect your self against the unknown.

The debate for me is over, i feel like talking to a door, it dosn't listen.

link   

I'll tell you whats pathetic.

Not acknowledging Newton's First Law.

An object at rest stays at rest. An inanimate object is just that, inanimate until somebody decides it's time for it to become animated.

link   

Your stats and statistics are just as biased as you are. Its a one sided swap meet.

And yes explosives do have some value outside of blowing up people....you ever do any mining?

But your right, lets legalize everything, that way the infinitely stupid and the people of this world who don't feel they have to protect themselves because whimsically someone else will do it for them will die off first

And the world will return to common sense bliss where everyone is polite for fear of stepping out of line.

Im sorry, you're one of those who will not understand anything outside of your bubble until that bubble pops and you are forced to deal with a paradigm that you have never dealt with before.

And when someone decides to hold you down and tickle yer fanny, you can suck yer thumb in the hope they wont kill you after, and find a happy place.

If that sounds a bit harsh, guess what, that's reality....it happens... a lot more than your stats will ever prove.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

nd if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them. Sure people may be better protected in very rare situations, but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

...and you know this how? Many of those instances go unreported. I know mine did. The guy at the door saw me reach into the desk drawer for my little ol' pistol, and left rapidly. Leaving behind his sledge hammer that he was going to break into my house with...

A cousin of mine, got a threatening call from her sisters ex husband. Was sitting in plain view of the street when he pulled up with a shotgun sitting on her lap...oddly enough, he left.

There are virtually innumerable instances where the presence of a firearm has deescalated what could have been a very dire situation.

So, go ahead, quote stats all you like... Because you're right about one thing...many on ATS won't listen, because we know better.

link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

Statistically obvious? You have openly displayed your ignorance or outright deception, which is it? There is no question all the research and stats indicate the opposite (In every country...and in every state in the U.S.). So much so, that the topic has been banned from research credit in college because it has been researched to death and opposes the desire of TPTB. Tell us, where have you heard such drivel? school?

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime actually.

Non-gun murder rate per 100k people in England & Wales: 1.33 - USA: 1.58
Gun related murder rate per 100k people in England & Wales: 0.12 - USA: 2.97

This is reflected in many countries, guns = more deaths.

I like how you mention "TPTB" and made your remark regarding School, that explains a lot.

edit on 2-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

And that is what people who don't live in this country or believe the MSM don't understand. To purchase a gun legally there is a back round check, a fingerprint next to the signature, waiting period, etc. Where as any criminal can go down to the local ghetto and buy one on the corner for next to nothing.
And taking gun control advice from a foreigner in a country with next to no gun/no guns or super strict gun control (and has probably never fired or held a gun in their life) is like taking driving tips from a person whos never driven.

link   
I agree we should ban all knives and not just the sharp ones either! Plastic knives should be banned aswell. People should only use sporks. This is insane! People we need to restrict the sale of knives now! Only the Government and police should be able to use knives. While we're at it, restrict the sale of rocks, pipes, milkshakes/big gulps (can cause drowning!), McDonalds french fries (can be hot!), etc. etc. Make it so people walk around in a giant safety bubble with a dui device to make sure we can't operate our safety bubble while under the influence of alcohol.

Nanny state here we come!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

OK, how many people live in Brittian? Russia? The USA? Notice the difference? Again your stats are lopsided and likely do not reflect absolute numbers. Your picking what suits you to justify your argument...so either your mistaken and haven't accounted for the slide rule of a grain of salt.

Or your just pushing a troll like agenda to suit your twisted need to be right...

Coincidentally......what would you do if someone was holding you down and tickling yer fanny?

And did you say them stats were from the UN? Now thats funny....and also part of your problem...if it says per capita....thats not a accurate assessment for sure.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'll tell you whats pathetic.

Not acknowledging Newton's First Law.

An object at rest stays at rest. An inanimate object is just that, inanimate until somebody decides it's time for it to become animated.

Are you purposely ignoring previously made points?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

OK, how many people live in Brittian? Russia? The USA? Notice the difference? Again your stats are lopsided and likely do not reflect absolute numbers. Your picking what suits you to justify your argument...so either your mistaken and haven't accounted for the slide rule of a grain of salt.

Or your just pushing a troll like agenda to suit your twisted need to be right...

Coincidentally......what would you do if someone was holding you down and tickling yer fanny?

It's per 100k people, you can't be fairer than that. Total population is irrelevant.

I'm seeing a lot of disregarding the homicide rate statistics but no facts or figures from your side.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm not wasting any more time here, no point get's across and no evidence or facts are being produced against my case. It's like arguing with a child; pointless and frustrating. You're not doing the American stereotype any good, I try to ignore that but it gets very hard.

I'll just be happy living in a country with a homicide rate 5.6 times lower than yours which is directly related to gun homicides, you can kill each other if you want.

Goodbye, need to sleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join