It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How is this even close to be considered an American problem?

If some loon is running around killing people with knives, he's going to get shot.

In my state, and many others, a blade over 8 inches long is illegal to carry around. So if I see someone running/walking around with a long blade, im gonna stay a distance away and yell at him. If he acts like he is going to threaten my life or other's around me, POP.

Really though, this has nothing to do with America, and everything to do with China. It also shows that guns aren't the only killing tool in circulation. Many, many things can be used as a killing tool, it's up to the person.

This also has to do with the psyche of the teen who did this. He has hormones pumping through his body, and he also lives in China, with a very high per capita stat. Hormones and tight spaces do not mix well, as well as he was most likely being teased about one thing or another, and he snapped.

Nothing to do with America, everything to do with China.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
The only appropriate simile I can make is; It's like a religious fanatic who is struggling to accept the obviously false pretenses of his/her own religion, yet refuses to hear evidence which counters his/her faith, on the grounds of not wanting to be wrong.

You know it is not just a gun thing... I don't want my Government turning me into a bubble boy. Outlawing anything that could remotely hurt me or putting so many restrictions on my life just to keep me "safe", in that I either receive hefty fines I can't pay or end up in jail for something seriously stupid.

It's not about "safety" it's all about control, just as the Obamacare is about control and the lack of choices and not about healthcare. Having 3 billion guns in the civilian population in America was a huge factor in why Russia would never invade us, and is most likely a huge deterrent for China too today. Germany walked across Europe with little opposition since the civilian population was defenseless, and a good reason why Switzerland arms their population today.

Remove guns from the civilian's hand and you have basically prevented the civilian's ability to over throw their own government. You might think this is crazy talk but it is the fundamental reason for the 2nd amendment. How many countries around the world have, had or will have someone in power that the population doesn't want there and the only reason that person is in power is because the civilian population is helpless to do a damn thing about it.

edit on 4-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If you dont have the brains to see why firearm ownership is important for EVERYONE--

--you dont have the brains to own one--and for everyones safety you should not use one.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Please read below, This is a call to ban all knifes in america. Even though this happened in China, we all know it’s only a matter of time before there is a mass murdering of innocent people via knife attack here in America.

Nah, just ban "Chinese Teens".

Save the Knives.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

Oh wow... this is one of those sarcasm on top of sarcasm threads.. I just realized I'm wasting my time here.

THAT MOMENT WHEN YOU REALIZE SOME PEOPLE WILL WASTE YOUR TIME REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY SAY.

I suppose I should have read the entire original post. *scratches head* But then I would of just been wasting my time? Which waste of time is less detrimental to my time? Just delete this entire thread. LOL

No seriously though - our liberties and freedoms shouldn't be joked about. You people are just turning this into a circus. Joke all you want but don't be surprised when you are laughing yourself into an internment camp because you didn't take our amendments seriously.

edit on 4-8-2012 by AdamArrighi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The price of liberty comes with many costs. Guns are't in the constitution for self defense against merely the average criminal. Guns are legal so that we can use them in the event (god forbid) that we have to rebel against out government. If we are disarmed we have no fighting chance against a fascist regime. The innocent deaths from guns are horrible but a government that usurps the rights of it's citizens systematically is even worse and well worth the risk.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

The truth seems to be that you don't care if allowing guns means less overall crime - you'd rather have more people get hurt & killed just as long as it means they're not doing it with guns. Not to mention that the whole idea is delusional - you will NEVER be able to eliminate guns - deal with it because that is a undeniable fact - every country in the world could ban guns and they're still going to be out there.

Someone who was genuinely concerned about making the world a better place would be focused on what factors are needed to result in the least amount of crime, regardless of how it's committed

I guess what most of these good people are trying to make you see is that it doesn't matter what weapon is being used - if Country A has 10 murders with 6 from a gun & Country B has 18 murders but only 2 from a gun - well...then I'd say most sane & reasonable people are going to pick Country A over B when choosing which place to move their family to - and that, my friend, is because all that really matters is how many people died.

It's about the end result & if you don't see that maybe you should take a minute to conduct an ego check.
Ask yourself why, if you ruled the world, would you create a situation where more people are going to end up hurt or dead by removing a tool from your good citizens hands that has proven over & over to be a deterrent to crime.

It's ok - everybody is wrong sometimes...but when you are shown the truth & still decide to ignorantly plunge forward with your opinion just to save face - well...that's just stupid...and you can't fix stupid.
edit on 4-8-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Whoa! I'm a Brit and I agree with you. I was so terrified living in Manchester that I would've loved to have had a gun at the time to protect myself. I felt so vulnerable. There are some really nasty people about.

I think we should be looking at the reasons why people are going so crazy. The US has always had guns, right? So the question should be why have murder stats massively increased in the last fifty years?

Oh and by the way, that whole "Didn't our country help yours in WW2?" thing is lame. You don't know the real reason why the US helped Britain, do you?

It's because the USA, Israel, Britain and France all have a very special "connection" (and if you're on ATS, you should already know that). I'm afraid you and us are in the same boat - we've both lost control of our own countries.

Every wondered why the USA, Israel, Britain and France are the only countries really attacking the Middle East??
edit on 5-8-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by revswim
The price of liberty comes with many costs. Guns are't in the constitution for self defense against merely the average criminal. Guns are legal so that we can use them in the event (god forbid) that we have to rebel against out government. If we are disarmed we have no fighting chance against a fascist regime. The innocent deaths from guns are horrible but a government that usurps the rights of it's citizens systematically is even worse and well worth the risk.

Nah, everybody in Iraq had guns. Saddam never banned guns. Yet, Saddam ruled with an iron fist. It doesn't matter who has the guns. It's all about who has the "will."

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

prohibiting things do not work as history shows us and would absolutely not work in this situation.. guy on left is clueless
edit on 6-8-2012 by keithc89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Never mind banning knives or guns or whatever method is used to kill people.

American´s have killed more people then the rest of the world.

I say Ban Ze Usa.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
yeah, graBBIn food is as grea as an automatic cow milk feeder....bad for someone to take that for granted

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

You can have fun cutting your steak with a spoon, I'll steak with a knife. You do realize that ANYONE can make a knife. Not everyone can make a gun. Prisoners make knives all the time. This has to be a troll post..c'mon.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

Pretty much anyone can make a gun as well

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by camaro68ss

We should also ban Cars as well, More americans die in cars each year then any other incidents!!!!

Yes but you have to pass a government test to drive a car, and allow the government to know the intimate details of your vehicle registration to be legally allowed to drive it.

If the same was true for gun ownership a lot of accidental deaths wouldn't have happened. Mandatory training is a good idea in my opinion, maybe even a license to prove that you took a course and at least looked like you were paying attention.

BEyond that, if you run over someone in your car, the government could potentially track that down as you are registered to own it.

I dont know of any registered car owner who's act of registering that car prevented someone from being in a car accident - same with guns. Saying mandatory gun registration and training would prevent accidents is just silly and the statistics don't back you up. Responsible Americans who own guns tend to be more careful if the gun is registered or not, or if there is training involved. This gun training is a new thing. People for centuries have had to train themselves. I trained myself for my handgun. I can strip it, clean it - not talking about field stripping, I'm talking about complete disassemble with screws, springs - everything, cleaning then putting back together. My gun is not nor will ever be registered and I will never be trained by some state paid gun nut. I carry my gun with me with no papers or any concealed carry permit. This is legal in my state, and most others if you look up open carry laws, and most don't require registration. You have to assume a responsible role if your going to be a gun owner. if your not that type of person, you should not own a gun - registering and training won't take the stupid out of people. If your going to act a fool with a gun, you'll do it with or without those things.

About the knife, perhaps we should observe children at dinner. if they stab their potatoes one to many times with the butter knife, lets just lock them away for life right there and be done with it. Heck, a butter knife can kill just as quick as any other knife. So can No 2 pencils they use in schools. They are actually arming thousands of children daily. I bet your kids are armed right now. Got a tough homework assignment, better hope your kid doesn't go Postal with that sharp thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join