It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

What the hell are you rambling on about? You obviously don't understand what the real issues are - you're scared of guns, you are operating from a position of fear not logic.

Do you think all the guns will just suddenly go "poof" if our almighty government decides we're not supposed to have them?

Besides - your ignorance about the purpose of & many reasons for firearm ownership is obvious - you've probably never even touched a gun.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Banning knives? What would you cut your steak with?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

357 mag, maybe?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc

What the hell are you rambling on about? You obviously don't understand what the real issues are - you're scared of guns, you are operating from a position of fear not logic.

Do you think all the guns will just suddenly go "poof" if our almighty government decides we're not supposed to have them?

Besides - your ignorance about the purpose of & many reasons for firearm ownership is obvious - you've probably never even touched a gun.

I explained my "rants." Please go back and read them instead of asking me to repost everything I said.

Obviously I don't think guns will just disappear, since magic doesn't exist. Even a shooting range, or a rifle for the sole purpose of hunting is fine.

However, there is no justification of taking a gun onto the street. If you're on the street and armed, IMO, you should receive a felony and be prosecuted to the full extend of the law.

And despite the assumptions you make which amount to prejudice (pre-judgement), I first went to a shooting range when I was 11, and I've had personal experience with guns on several occasions. That doesn't make them safe, or logical to have in public.

If you stop to think about it... It's like a 5-year-old crying because his dad took the bottle-rockets away from him.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No it isn't. I'm not a damned 5 year old.

I'm a grown man who recognizes the need to protect oneself and my family.
In my view my weapons belong anywhere that a threat to my life from criminals or nutjobs can exist.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yang Xinhai killed at least 65 people in China with a hatchet, shovel, and a hammer. China's worst serial killer, and only caught eight years ago. Shall we ban hatchets, shovels and hammers? Don't be silly. A knife is a tool, and if a knife isn't used to stab people, a screwdriver will be. People are utterly ridiculous.
edit on 4-8-2012 by Heehaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Also, only 11 countries in the world have a higher % of gun-related deaths than the USA? Can you guess which ones?

South Africa, Columbia, El Salvador, Jamaica, Honduras, Guatemala, Swaziland, Brazil, Estonia, Panama, and Mexico.

What does that tell you?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heehaw
Yang Xinhai killed at least 65 people in China with a hatchet, shovel, and a hammer. China's worst serial killer, and only caught eight years ago. Shall we ban hatchets, shovels and hammers? Don't be silly. A knife is a tool, and if a knife isn't used to stab people, a screwdriver will be. People are utterly ridiculous.

ANYTHING in order to be right.

ANYTHING in order to play the part of poor little guy who's being attack by the man.

ANYTHING to hold the use of guns over the use of brains.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Murder rates with a single weapon are dumb statistics and junk in the grand scheme of things. Do you REALLY thing murder rates will drop because we ban knives and guns? People will just find another weapon. Ted Bundy bludgeoned dozens of girls, Gary Ridgway strangled over 70 people. People will always just find new ways to hurt each other no matter what. Stop shouting out stupid gun death stats when you know that if they're banned those stats will just transfer to another weapon. Knives, bats, etc. Those gets banned, more people die to rocks, get run down, strangled, etc. You can't stop people from hurting each other unless you can predict the future and stop it before it happens.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Originally posted by Heehaw

ANYTHING in order to be right.

ANYTHING in order to play the part of poor little guy who's being attack by the man.

ANYTHING to hold the use of guns over the use of brains.

What? You really want to argue that gun crimes won't just trickle down into other weapons if they're banned? Don't be stupid. Guns are used now because they are effective, once they're gone it'll be the next most effective weapon.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Also, only 11 countries in the world have a higher % of gun-related deaths than the USA? Can you guess which ones?

South Africa, Columbia, El Salvador, Jamaica, Honduras, Guatemala, Swaziland, Brazil, Estonia, Panama, and Mexico.

What does that tell you?

It tells you guns are banned in those other countries....

England has a higher violent crime rate than America per capita... What does that tell you...

edit on 4-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

YOU are free to use or not use firearms as you see fit..

YOU ARE NOT allowed to dictate what and how others choose to defend themselves.

You WANT the STATE to PROTECT you. So be it. I have no problem with that.

But YOU are mearly regurgitating ignorant rhetoric on this forum about guns.

YOU beLIEve statistics. Enough said.

When you have an original thought, please share it.

You are free to let the State protect you. You are NOT free to have the State tell others what to do. Quit defending the State. Its bigger than you and is using you.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

What does that tell you?

Quoted for truth. Banning guns literally does nothing but keep the good guys from carrying them. The bad guys will still get their hands on them from gun traffickers. I honestly don't understand how you people manage to put your clothes on every day when you can't use simple logic. I carry a gun, yet I've never shot a single living creature. I don't even hunt. But you know what? If someone car jacks me, or mugs me, I can protect myself. It will still get added to those stupid gun death stats people keep spouting off despite it not being criminal, but in an effort to defend myself. And if I can't carry a gun, I'll carry a knife. No knife? Telescoping baton. You know why? Because people suck, and I'm not going to let myself be victimized easily. But a gun is a lot scarier than a knife and so I've never had to actually fire a shot. If I were forced instead to carry a knife, I'd likely have had to stab someone by now.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

What does that tell you?

England has a higher violent crime rate than America per capita... What does that tell you...

It tells me that there's a religious civil war going on in the UK.

Genius.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Heehaw

yes, and to further exemplify WHY guns are used, its because you HAVE to match weaponry to weaponry--for a level field. Really this is ALL that firearms are....

And in the future, with drones and lasers (yes they are coming) the answer is to have our own drones and lasers to fight back.

This is happening RIGHT NOW.

People have and are inventing anti-drone and anti-laser weaponry RIGHT NOW--if you live in a dream world where everything is fine, and you dont see the obvious WAR on people you wont understand this dynamic of warfare--why?

This is precisely why people have firearms. Not to hunt. Not to look at.

BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN DEFINED AS THE ENEMIES OF THE STATE AND THE STATE HAS BETTER WEAPONS THAN US--

but not for long.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear

YOU are free to use or not use firearms as you see fit..

YOU ARE NOT allowed to dictate what and how others choose to defend themselves.

You WANT the STATE to PROTECT you. So be it. I have no problem with that.

But YOU are mearly regurgitating ignorant rhetoric on this forum about guns.

YOU beLIEve statistics. Enough said.

When you have an original thought, please share it.

You are free to let the State protect you. You are NOT free to have the State tell others what to do. Quit defending the State. Its bigger than you and is using you.

"YOU beLIEve statistics"

/facepalm

And you believe whatever your brain randomly farts out.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What does that tell you?

ALSO

In South Africa, owning a gun is conditional on a competency test and several other factors, including background checking of the applicant, inspection of an owner's premises, and licensing of the weapon by the police introduced in July 2004. The process is currently undergoing review,[1] as the police are at present, not able to adequately or within reasonable time, process either competency certification, new licenses or renewal of existing licenses. Minimum waiting period frequently exceeds 2 years from date of application. All current firearms owners, approximately 2.6 to 3 million according to the SA Central Firearm Registry

I just went with the #1 worst for gun-related homicides, instead of going through all of them.

My point is, you don't even know what you're talking about.
You didn't do the research.
You just spoke without knowing ANYTHING AT ALL.

And again, just in case it was missed. Religious Civil War in the UK. That one you happened to not consider into the equation.
edit on 4-8-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So hand guns are illegal in New York city, their murder per capita rate is 10 times the national average. California has strict gun laws and Texas has almost no gun laws but their murder rate per capita is the same...

Oregon and Washington where I live have few gun laws and the murder per capita rate is half of California's. You can live in Portland OR where you can carry canceled or even open and have about 1800 aggravated assaults per capita, or live in New York where hand guns are banned with a mandatory one year (I think) imprisonment and deal with over 26,000 per capita...

I know there are a lot more factors that go into these numbers, but it does tell us that getting rid of guns is not a magic bullet (so to speak) that will cure much of anything. Although Aurora was tragic he could have done worst with just a truck too if that was his intent, and most likely a better chance of blending into the crowd in all the chaos to get away. We also saw with the Oklahoma bombing that people will use other means that have nothing related to guns if they want to kill. With 300 million plus in America we will have those would will want to do the most harm, AND with the system already in place actually worked right maybe Aurora would never have happened, though I truly believe that he would have found another means to his goals, like driving through a few hundred people waiting outside in line to see the movie before it started.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I know there are a lot more factors that go into these numbers,

You know, I genuinely believe you only said that to sate me. I don't think you realize how obvious the factors are, what their extent is, or how many times you just contradicted yourself in the same two paragraphs.

I also genuinely believe you're discounting all of those factors for the sake of wanting to win a jaded argument, one you know is fairly undefendable.

The only appropriate simile I can make is; It's like a religious fanatic who is struggling to accept the obviously false pretenses of his/her own religion, yet refuses to hear evidence which counters his/her faith, on the grounds of not wanting to be wrong.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

And again, just in case it was missed. Religious Civil War in the UK. That one you happened to not consider into the equation.
edit on 4-8-2012 by thegagefather because:

Ever see the riots at their sporting events...

Another factor is all these countries have a large poor population with high organize crime rate. In America it is the same as the poorer the population in a city the more crime there is. This has nothing to do with guns, and in my above post, with New York, it is the perfect example of this, and where in Switzerland EVERY house hold has an military grade weapon and ammo as an example of where quality of life and not guns is the driving factor.

Maybe we should outlaw poor people instead....

extra DIV

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join