It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Kind of coincidental.
The other day, I was just thinking of how many people I could possibly go around stabbing to death before I was neutralized.
In a decently put together attack, someone could kill a pretty large amount of people before being put down.

I think different forms of protection need to be established as opposed to banning any form of protection one has access to.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Did you read anything past the first line of my post?

Nuclear arms are a completely different ball game - you can't make a nuke with some copper tubing a little metal work & a pen can you?

Apples and oranges bud - it's not like we have millions of nukes running around the streets already & it's a very expensive and sophisticated undertaking to manufacture one.

Facts are the statistics that everybody likes to talk about PROVE that when you take guns out of law abiding citizens hands VIOLENT CRIME GOES UP - including murder rates.

Kind of hard to argue with evidence yet pro-ban propagandists somehow believe things will be better if they have mommy call Uncle Sam over to baby sit them and their friends.

Criminals don't want you to have guns - they'd love for them to be illegal - it's not going to stop them from getting one if they want to & now they'll be reasonably sure that you as a good little boy don't have one to shoot them with when they come to visit you & your family.

A gun ban completely ignores the ramifications of disarming the average citizen - sure, murders committed using guns would go down proportionately if guns were outlawed because there would be less guns but if the overall murder rate still goes up that didn't do very much good did it?

Gun-banners are so focused on the instrument that they loose site of the big picture - history shows that a general populace with less guns costs more lives overall...period.

Besides - the example in your reply already happened on a governmental level - it was called the cold war & we're still here aren't we?
edit on 4-8-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
here we go trading in our freedom for more "safety".

here go more fines for
an illegal possession of a miracle blade in your kitchen.

this is the start of Marshal Law as our houses are being rated for inspection of knives.

no but seriously, no one dare kill anyone with a "spork" or fork as they will also make them illegal!
-____-

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

I can see it now - "You have two perfectly good hands to eat with - why would you ever need anything else? But here you are with a fork & knife - proof that you must have been planning something evil - thank God we caught you before you could act out your nefarious plan - now you're coming with us terrorist"

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Billie828

Hah, exactly. Love Riddick also, btw. Good example.
Some people are evil, there's no way around it. And when they have a will to do bad, they're gonna do bad.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
the boy was DOPED with Zumado hydrochloride or one of the other drugs.
personally, yahoo stopped providing news long ago, that led me to discover great sites such as ATS. I hope their commentators didn't move entire team here.

I am not familiar with gun control issues there are tons of other things controlled in my country, the most I could say is doped people should be banned with any knives.
edit on 4-8-2012 by h13022489 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
@Original Post: Its possible to kill 9 people in a row with your bare hands. Whats the big deal?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by SpearMint

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them.

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them.

You mean won't have access to them.... The way that no one has access to heroin? Heroin is illegal in the entire United States of America, a doctor can't even prescribe it to you.

Weird thing though it is very accessible. Any teen with money can find it and buy it, if they want it.

Even crazy people can buy it.

Well said!

Sadly all the gun haters in this thread will completely ignore, circumvent or desperately employ some strawan argument in order to avoid this one absolute fact because it will utterly collapse their side of the debate.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The thing is, once you give the anti-gun crowd an inch, they take it all.

They start out with the premise that it's just good sense to ban "assault rifles" (don't even get me started on that term) and high capacity magazines. Then when some nut kills someone with a pistol or bolt action rifle, it just makes good sense to ban those too. Then when someone kills some one with a pea-shooter, those are banned as well. Next thing you know there are no guns left, except the ones the government has.

Statists around the world and throughout history have always wanted to disarm the populace. Anything that will interfere with the state having total control over people will not be tolerated.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What happens when a war comes to america? What are you going to reach for in time of need when the enemy is knocking on the door? A plastic... no plastic can be sharp and dangerous... RUBBER spoon?

Thats right! Im going to win this war by spooning every enemy soldier I meet!

That'll show 'em.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by camaro68ss

A knife serves more than 1 purpose. A gun does not. You don't cook with a gun, you kill things with a gun.

gun grabbing isn't the answer, but a stricter vetting (omg big brother)system might help raise red flags before crazy mass shootings take place.

I know i know, your right to bare arms is important, i get that. But should it trump my right to live?

Crazy people will always find a way to harm others, we need to address the reasons they are crazy and help work towards fixing that, instead of trying to take away all the dangerous toys.

I don't want to live in a nerf world.

Have you never seen the simpsons episode where homer gets a gun?

guns are like swiss army knives..

Can opener or noise maker to scare crows away,

They can take down the washing and get rid of the dishes...

What about making speed holes in the bonnet of your car..!?!

and much, much more..

Guns don't kill people. People kill people and a whole bunch of other things to boot, with a whole range of tools.

Screwdrivers, pitchforks, hoes, knives, icepicks, forks, hammers, axes, pens, stockings, feathers, the hairs from the chin of a leapard mixed inbto a stew,

Most of these are a damn horrible way to off someone, more horrible than a gun and just as efficient.
edit on 8/4/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
You can take away my knives but you can't take away my forks! I'll stab your eyes out if you try to!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

this is quite possibly one of the most ignorant comments made, thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think its clear to me that gun haters are major jealous of people and Countries that have good gun policies. I think maybe they feel puny and unarmed. So they lash out.

In America, Law Enforcement actually encourages firearm ownership. Especially for Women. Duh--they cant be everywhere all the time!

Only foolish people who trust even more foolish Govt can protect them believe otherwise.

So you anti-gun-nutters keep lying to yourselves if that helps you sleep. Peace of mind is being able to protect yourself.

You act as though you fear guns, but you really fear the absence of the Nanny State, and the insecurity regarding firearm ownership is obvious.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Yea, take that, Fed! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO EAT WITHOUT ACCESS TO GUNS IF YOU BAN DANGEROUS WEAPONS WITH NO PURPOSE OTHER THAN KILLING? It only makes sense that you ban everything else as well, if you can ban guns. Guns are wholesome, and have many practical uses. Why, just today I used my gun to do my laundry, walk my dog, cut my steak, and wipe my butt. One time, my mother who can't swim fell into a lake and the only reason she made it was because my gun jumped in the water and dragged her to shore, then gave her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

BUT ITS FER MY PER-TEK-SHUN! Okay, Jethro.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

That post with the picture is just palm to forehead stupid not surprising it got so many stars.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

no, dude. Its because some of us have looked into history and didnt like what we saw--so we would like to prevent it happening again.

Watch this video, it may give some perspective.

Innocents Betrayed, the history of Gun Control
www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

Oh, something that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP rant?

Okay. Whatever gets you off of the hook, and makes you look like you have a legitimate claim. Ah... The ol' WWII Nazi Germany (and similar dictatorships) argument. It never gets old, it never becomes valid, and it always favors ignorance.

So tell me, what would have happen if, let's say, concealed carry was legal in Nazi Germany and everyone had guns. What's that? The corrupt government still had control, and just as many people would have died, but there would have been -MORE- shooting? Hmm. Interesting.
edit on 4-8-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

you are ignorantly ranting about my comment as a reply to the previous comments ignorance.

If you had been an adult and watched the flick, you would have more understanding and avoided sounding like an ass.

WTF did Nazis come into this? Since you brought it up, yes, had Germans NOT been DISARMED like they were, it would have went differently.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear

you are ignorantly ranting about my comment as a reply to the previous comments ignorance.

If you had been an adult and watched the flick, you would have more understanding and avoided sounding like an ass.

WTF did Nazis come into this? Since you brought it up, yes, had Germans NOT been DISARMED like they were, it would have went differently.

Your video is a bunch of horse**** about old cultures abusing their people after disarming them. It isn't even relevant, and it's a cop-out to actually having to address the fact that guns serve no purpose other than causing physical harm. I skimmed through your video, I've heard it's arguments a thousand times, and usually the nutters who go back to this "take away guns, take away liberty" argument revert back to "HITLER TOOK AWAY GUNS. DERPA-DERP." Look, you even tried to say "this has nothing to do with with WWII" then at the end of your paragraph said "If he hadn't taken guns away, things would have been different."

I highly doubt you're worth arguing with, it's clear that you won't talk directly about guns and the dangers they present when every third person in any given city owns one, you'll just deflect the argument onto hypothetical situations in which we're going to get taken for suckers because we don't have firearms. Your shotgun will have no effect on a drone bomber, or military personnel at all, for that matter. And if you think it will... Well, then obviously you're not a fan of critical thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join