It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
PWNED! Very nice.
But if we outlaw knives how will I cut my mad cow up for dinner? Or torture my little sister?
Better question, should we outlaw gasoline so people cannot manufacture napalm and kills lots of people that way?
I think we should all live in nice soft padded cells where it is impossible to harm ourselves or one another so we can live long quiet lives.

Originally posted by DaRAGE
reply to post by camaro68ss

nice

And while we're at it, we might as well look at his video game use and see if he played any video games where he could virtually knife people all day. And if he did we could advocate the banning of such games in the future so that these harmful knives wont have an effect on our influential children's minds.

***WARNING*** Video below contains footage of a virtual Terrorist killing Virtual Counter-Terrorists...with a Knife

edit on 2-8-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CrippledAhole

I always thought that the government should make us wear helmets in our homes. A lot of people die from falls in the home, mostly head injuries.

The homeless would be exempt, of course.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless

2. And almost no gun control at all like in Switzerland. Swiss don't have an actual army. Their people are the army.
A ton of people have guns there, and i don't mean .

My understanding is they have a state militia. A person is issued a gun at 18 with X number of bullets and is checked out once a year for proficiency. If bullets or the gun are missing its pretty much instant jail time? The was the explanation my friend from Zurich gave me. Am I incorrect?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The scene in dirty rotten scoundrels when Steve Martin has the eyepatch and the cork on his fork comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrippledAhole
reply to post by butcherguy

The scene in dirty rotten scoundrels when Steve Martin has the eyepatch and the cork on his fork comes to mind.

Hahahaha great movie. Ruprecht!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have to say this is one of the most heated and evenly matched debates there is, both sides have good points to make, I find myself agreeing with many posts from both sides. I honestly can't really come to any clear solution on this issue, but I'll just say this.

Obviously a full out ban isn't the answer, but more guns definitely isn't either. The real problem as everyone knows is society, the way people act and feel towards each other. Ideally we want to move towards a more peaceful and civilized world, where crime rates are so low there is no need for protecting yourself, where there are no armies, and no guns accept for hunting, in which case hunting should only be done where out of control animal populations threaten the local wildlife and environment.

But we won't get there with more guns, I know that ideal future is probably far off due to the state of the world, it may never come, but I think it's worth the try, and for me, trying to make that future real for everyone now and for those to come is worth my life, if I die because someone murders me, whether it be with a gun or whatever then so be it. Getting to that future starts within the minds of the people, I personally have no interest in owning a gun, I don't know anyone who has a gun here expect one of my friends, he has a bunch and has invited me to the range a few times and I always declined.

This is kinda getting long so to end I'll just say this, it is an obvious fact, more guns means more deaths, whether it be self defense or not its is still more loss of life, instead of more guns, violence and paranoia, which only propagates this crooked society, we need to take down the barriers, think of others outside of our little boxes, help people, help people, work hard, know your neighbors, build your community, help and encourage low income/at risk people, donate, volunteer.. etc..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If we're banning knives, lets ban spoons and forks while we're at it. Hell lets ban my coffee cup too .. pretty sure I could kill someone with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If we're banning knives, lets ban spoons and forks while we're at it. Hell lets ban my coffee cup too .. pretty sure I could kill someone with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah! Wait. Huh?

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

Legend:
Toast=noun, Akin to Bread toast
Toast=verb, To Toast
Toasters=Machines that toast bread that in turn become toast

So...

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Akin to...

"Toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast."

Point is... it sounds stupid. I'd ask for a star if it made you think, but i feel i shouldn't coz it's a no-brainer. Honestly, it doesn't make sense at all. Because it's a slogan., If more complex wordings were to be used, it should've been more like:

"Guns are modernized weapons of the old. They grant the user a more efficient way to severely maim or kill the other party involved as compared to antique weaponry. We shun or shy away from such gadgetry to avoid the whole fiasco altogether and stick with mano-y-mano oftentimes or moreoften keep it verbal or just keep quiet. But we wish to express ourselves, to vent THE anger. So our hands will soon find its way to the beast of burden, the machined work of art that serves our thirst for murder, the gun."

But that took like more than a few seconds of precious human concentration, didn't it? Considering that modern peoples have shorter attention spans?

It ain't catchy. End of RANT. Take that to the bank bro.
edit on 3-8-2012 by headb because: What?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by headb

Its a joke. It doesn't prove anything at all.
Just a fancy play on words...
Guns aren't the only thing that can kill people. How abouts knives/bows/crossbows/swords/brass knuckles/spears/slingshots (with an expensive one you can put a hole in a skull if you're not too far away).
Gun is just a practical modern day alternative.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people" makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

"Toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast."
reply to post by headb

Yep, you get it.
People make toast.

My toaster sits on my kitchen counter 24/7, plugged in.
It has yet to make any toast all by itself.
It doesn't make toast, I do.

edit on 3-8-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Guns are not the only way to commit homicide. If guns are gone they can use poison, knives, hammers or anything else under the sun.

Banning a gun does not fix the issue that people will harm each other. What is used to harm people with is of little consequence.

banning guns have resulted in government abuse (given most tyrants like gun control) and you also put criminals at an advantage with law abiding citizens. Criminals break laws because that is their nature. They also like to harm people. THey will always find a way to have an advantage over their victims. By banning guns every criminal in the world knows that if they go to rob a home/store with a gun there will be no one who could defend against them since the targets are disarmed. YOu could argue that you can call police but what happens in that 20-30 minutes till they show up??

People having guns is not the problem as the only people who kill or commit violent crimes are the problem. Criminals do not have to have a long history of being criminals to be criminals as anyone can become a criminal the moment they decide to break the law.

People are the problem. YOu can ban everything under the sun and people will still kill people. All of you who support gun control/bans do not understand that those who do the killing with guns are ciminals. You are trying to take guns from law abiding citizens. IF someone wants to kill they will kill, it does not matter what you do. Whether they have to go above and beyond a gun ban to get a gun or if they have come up with inventive ways to kill huge amounts of people it does not matter.

People will kill the only thing you are doing is making others more susceptible to those criminals who can acquire a gun. The power of the gun will increase by a huge amount if you disarm the people.

ALso by banning guns you will open a black market for that. Even gun control would stimulate such a market. There is a market now with all the guns that are illegal to possess.

Banning an item is not going to solve the problem. How is that ban on illegal substances working out??

One thing that I found somewhat funny... I have a friend who is pro gun ban and control. One day we were having a discussion about gun control and I was telling him why I disagreed and he was telling me why he believed in it. Well as we talked he was collecting the trash in his house to take outside. We walk outside and after he set the bags at the end of the drive way we stood there continuing our conversation.

As we were talking I notice that we did not close the front door all the way and his cat was attempting to open the door. The cat finally does and my friend takes off running after it and loses it. He is freaking out and I tell him to relax that it will come back once it is hungry. He turns to me and says that his cat is declawed and there are many strays running around the neighborhood and that its not safe for it to run around outside.

So I smiled and said " SO it is okay for people to walk around in public unarmed with armed criminals but its not okay for your unarmed cat to run around with armed strays. Makes perfect sense to me! So are we to stay locked up in our house too just like mr kitty??" he just rolled his eyes at me.

I

edit on 3-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I sure hope you aren't serious targeting Counter-strike source.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Oh yes. I forgot about poison. With some decent research you can make some ridiculously strong poison. As in you scratch a person and in a few minutes or hours your target is cold dead ( they can take you to a hospital but there will be nothing they can do without knowing what was the poison, sometimes even knowing the poison doesn't help ). There are poisons for hunting big game with poison arrows and blowdarts. If i had to plan a murder (not sure why i would though
) i'd go with poison.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by TKDRL

What is he, a medical student who is also trained in aiming for arteries? I mean, really.

I still say it's surprising to me. The arteries are well protected deep under skin and tissue. If they were on the surface, then I'd get it.

Hey "genius" I know anatomy takes years of study but:
Take two fingers; reach to the side of your throat.Feel the pulse of life?

The "Carotids( arteries) are justafew millimeters under the skin.
Guess what happens when pressure in them drops to zero? Arapid loss of "consciousness" soon followed by death.).
Are public schools really that bad anymore?:

Razor blades and"scary sharp" knives scare the beejeezus out of me:
Don't cut me! please just shoot me.

21feet is considered the minimum "safe" distance from a knife wielder; who intends grievous bodily harm. Any thing other a solid "CNS"(central nervous system) hit will allow him enough life(i.e.time&strength) to close the distance and complete his blade attack killing you before expiring. Only way to"stop" him with100%assurance is to sever the spinal cord. or turn his brain into gelatin.
I know:" eeeewwwwe...." ]

Responsible Gunowners are "forced"to deal with this kind of thinking as a consequence of choosing "non-victimhood". "Kumbaya" singing unicorn riders who live in "nerf world" and hurl expletives at others are exempt from considering the stomach turning realities of such "gross nasty business".

Saving life by taking a life is a SERIOUS nasty brutish business No One wants to engage in no matter what propaganda the screaming anti's push out to the media And their useful idiots ("parrots").

edit on 3-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)[/editby

extra DIV

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Is this a joke?
we don't need to ban "Knifes" in America.. .. xD
maybe you should carry one, so you can disarm and save the lives of people being victimised by a human being with whatever motive that compells him to murder someone.
ban knives? You're seriously asking questions like "How did this teen get his hands on a knife?" and "Who sold him the knife?"
this ban weapons surge is getting ridiculous. You can't ban knives.. I can break a piece of obsidian and tie it too a stick.., are we going to ban the posession of sticks you can shape into bows too, how about string for slings and carrying rocks as well. A knife is a tool for carving, shaping, cutting, and prying. lol !!HOW DID HE GET KNIFES??!
I've carried a knife since I've been nine years old, I've never used it besides using it as a tool and even at times a conflict detterant.

This may sound weird to you OP, but it was a tragedy there weren't more knives amoung those people.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

If you have not guess by now, I’m clearly being sarcastic of this issue. I bring up this article to show all those people that want to ban guns that guns are not the problem, crazy people are the problem. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them. Sure people may be better protected in very rare situations, but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

Not much point in me posting this, since most of ATS seem to ignore the numbers and insist everyone should have a gun, so I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me here. More people having guns means more potentially crazy people having guns.
edit on 2-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Will you pretty please point to the source of those numbers?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by canadianalien

No, not a joke, it's called sarcasm, read the OP before posting no?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

edit on 3-8-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What a dumb comparison... Weapons are far more dangerous and gives another lvl of confidence for the attacker to go through with such acts.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join