It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Well, since we have to ban knives now.... I suppose I'll be using my swords to cut my steaks.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Only way you'll take my knife is from my cold dirty dinner plate.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adventxero

Well, since we have to ban knives now.... I suppose I'll be using my swords to cut my steaks.

Your post gave me a thought.
If you took a hatchet into a restaurant and sat down with it at your table, they might be liable to call the police, even though the steak knives in most restaurants have a longer cutting edge than a typical hatchet.

A lot of the issues with weapons are a matter of perception.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sure and we'll give'em our guns also. You need to spend less time with the mass media. This type of stuff has happened though out history, modern media with its 24 hour access to global news just makes it seem in excess.

No. You can live in fear of the psycho's of the world from the inside of your home, the rest of us will keep going on realizing that for all the bad in the world there's as much good.

Bad things happen, You can't let that fact rule your life.

Lay off the news and go to the park.

ps

You can make knifes out of anything banning them would be useless.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Even if the guns in US were outlawed smart people could still buy guns. And i mean get guns by mail order.
You only need money. Only two things regarding guns work:

1. Very strict gun control ( as in psychiatric evaluation and all that stuff ). This is the case in most european countries. Very low gun crime rates. They still happen from time to time though.

2. And almost no gun control at all like in Switzerland. Swiss don't have an actual army. Their people are the army.
A ton of people have guns there, and i don't mean that lightely.

Anything in between doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

The numbers prove you dead wrong. There are more guns than cars in the US, yet guns kill way less. 300,000,000+ guns in the us, now compare it to how many gun crimes. The number proves criminals with guns is miniscule. Not even worth mentioning.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

#2 is exactly what the founders had in mind when they wrote the 2nd

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores

And you wouldnt have high gas prices if you didnt have cars either. And contrary to your belief, you do have gun deaths every year in your country. Even handgun deaths. Im not going to link it for you. You do the work and tell me I'm wrong.You cant.

Whatever you linked I couldn't take seriously. I never said we don't have gun deaths. Did you even read my posts?
The shallow depth of the pro guns vs no guns should be obvious. Cognitive dissonance or plain stupidity?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

The numbers prove you dead wrong. There are more guns than cars in the US, yet guns kill way less. 300,000,000+ guns in the us, now compare it to how many gun crimes. The number proves criminals with guns is miniscule. Not even worth mentioning.

Maybe because people don't run around with guns all day every day?
I can see any argument I have against guns wont go down well here. If this were a UK forum the balance would be on my side. Americans live in a movie and need their guns for the theoretical urban warfare that they feel is pending. It's sad and a shame your country is a superpower.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

Quit freaking out about every little bloody thing. Just because some people got stabbed in China, in no way does that mean that knives should be banned. Seriously, did you even think before you posted that?

Um I think he was being sarcastic.
2nd

Gs

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Get a F'n clue or we will ban retards like you from America.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

Quit freaking out about every little bloody thing. Just because some people got stabbed in China, in no way does that mean that knives should be banned. Seriously, did you even think before you posted that?

Um I think he was being sarcastic.
2nd

Gs

Yeah, he has gotten a lot of these type of comments, considering the fact that he had a paragraph in the OP alerting people to the fact that he was being sarcastic.

People complain about someone not reading the thread, it seems like some won't even read the whole OP!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Tobacco, Alcohol and Prescription Drugs kill half a Million Americans Annually!

Where is the call to ban these? Where is the WAR on these killers?

Annual Deaths

Tobacco : 435,000

Alcohol : 85,000

Prescription Drugs : 32,000

Suicide: 30,622

Sexual Fetishes : 20,000

All illegal drug use (excluding marijuana) : 17,000

Aspirin : 7,600

Marijuana : 0

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I totally agree.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am getting really annoyed now.... Oh a load of people got shot, ban all guns, A load of people got stabbed ban all knifes, what next, a load of people were ksuffocated by a maniac with a teddy bear ban all teddy bears, a maniac with a log killed a load of people, ban all sticks and cut Down the trees, a maniac driving a car killed 30 people ban all cars.

In short guns don't kill people robbers do, I.e no matter what, humans will find ways to kill and maim other humans if they want to like they have done since the year. Banning things that 99% of people use responsibly isn't a solution, what is? There isn't one as if someone does want to go nuts and to kill they have already given up on life and aren't worried about the consequences so bar chips inserted in our brains to physically control us there is no solution that will stop the nutters making the news recently.

Also 90% off knife crime is with kitchen knifes! You gonna ban them to?

personally I think this type of thing should be kept out of the media as it is fear mongering and aim at taking away our freedom.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
P.s I just read the title!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
Even if the guns in US were outlawed smart people could still buy guns. And i mean get guns by mail order.
You only need money. Only two things regarding guns work:

1. Very strict gun control ( as in psychiatric evaluation and all that stuff ). This is the case in most european countries. Very low gun crime rates. They still happen from time to time though.

2. And almost no gun control at all like in Switzerland. Swiss don't have an actual army. Their people are the army.
A ton of people have guns there, and i don't mean that lightely.

Anything in between doesn't work.

YOu have a very valid point. It seems that comparing...say Mexico with extremely strict gun control, much more than the UK but with a murder rate almost 15 times higher than the UK, with Switzerland where full auto guns abount, that the issue is not the gun control, but the culture therin?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Only could a USA citizen take a tragedy and spin it to talk about guns.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

That is not true, there are more citizens with guns who prevent crimes then crimes committed with a gun.

This is a fact.

SOURCE

1994 survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that Americans use guns to frighten away intruders who are breaking into their homes about 498,000 times per year.

Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.

ccording to the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) in 2000, 533,470 victims of serious violent crimes (rape and sexual assault, robbery, and aggravated assault) stated that they faced an offender with a firearm.

SOURCE

In 2000 almost a million crimes were prevented because the victim (or someone nearby) had a gun versus 533,470 crimes committed with a firearm.

Keep in mind many crimes prevented are never reported, people just go back on about their way and don't call the police about it.

There are many more supporting statistics at the SOURCE and elsewhere.

Guns in the hands of citizens lower crime rates and protect peoples lives.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

People, guns, knives, all as bad as each other.
Its simple just stop it being so easy to obtain dangerous weapons such as guns or knives.
Now OBVIOUSLY its not going to stop things like this happening, but it will at least help.
Guns are 10x more dangerous than knives, not saying knives aren't bad, you just can't compare them to a weapon built to kill from a great distance with ease.

It seems you made this post to support gun laws? Just imagine if he had a gun and not a knife.
Think you should think about that.

Just imagine if 1 or more of the victims or a bystander had their own gun, think you should think about that.

If guns are banned, it would be a boon for organized crime and the State.

We banned booze, gave rise to the Al Capones.
We banned drugs, gave rise to the Pablo Escobars.
We banned prostitution; it's rampant in almost every major city and highway truckstop.
We banned God, morality, and punishment from our schools and felt sorry for criminals and made sure they were pampered and treated well in their prisons; paved the road to hell we're travelling upon.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join