It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese teen kills 9 in knife attack. This is a Call to ban Knifes in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+84 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Please read below, This is a call to ban all knifes in america. Even though this happened in China, we all know it’s only a matter of time before there is a mass murdering of innocent people via knife attack here in America.

A teenager has been arrested after killing nine people and wounding four others in a knife attack in northeast China, state media reported Thursday.

The 17-year-old, who was identified only by his surname Li, barged into the home of his girlfriend armed with a knife following an argument and killed two relatives of the girl, the Legal Daily said.

As he left his girlfriend's home in Liaoning province's Xinbin county, he stabbed six more people to death and wounded five, it said.

One of the injured died Thursday in hospital, the paper said.

news.yahoo.com...

This is just outrages. How did this teen get his hands on a knife? Who sold him the knife? He killed 9 people, that’s close to the 13 people killed at columbine! Clearly the knife is to blame. If only we here in America would have stricter knife regulations maybe we can avert any future knife attacks.

Maybe we could pass laws and set up a system of restrictions and background checks on all persons trying to purchase knifes. I think a good restriction is to ban all knifes that are over 1-1/2inches. So for those people that want to buy a knife for eating they can do so. Anything larger then that would be a red flag for a person wanting to kill people.

Again, this would have never happened if this kid did not get his hands on a knife.

Rant off

If you have not guessed by now, I’m clearly being sarcastic of this issue. I bring up this article to show all those people that want to ban guns that guns are not the problem, crazy people are the problem. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!

China, being a heavily regulated anti-gun state, makes it completely illegal to own any form of a gun. Yet some crazy person found a way to kill 9 people without a gun. But how could this be? How could he kill 9 people without a gun. Hummmmm????? Maybe it’s because he’s crazy person???? No, clearly it’s the knife that did this.

rant off again

edit on 2-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Must of had some mad ninja skills to kill 9 people with just a knife.

Hard to fathom that.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

And while we're at it, we might as well look at his video game use and see if he played any video games where he could virtually knife people all day. And if he did we could advocate the banning of such games in the future so that these harmful knives wont have an effect on our influential children's minds.

***WARNING*** Video below contains footage of a virtual Terrorist killing Virtual Counter-Terrorists...with a Knife

edit on 2-8-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If you have not guess by now, I’m clearly being sarcastic of this issue. I bring up this article to show all those people that want to ban guns that guns are not the problem, crazy people are the problem. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them. Sure people may be better protected in very rare situations, but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

Not much point in me posting this, since most of ATS seem to ignore the numbers and insist everyone should have a gun, so I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me here. More people having guns means more potentially crazy people having guns.
edit on 2-8-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

+58 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Banning a weapon because a person who possessed one commited a crime with it is like....well....like this:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Pretty funny rant.

I would have shot him with my gun.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
He was only 17.
How do we really know he did it?
Is this just the press jumping to conclusions.
He must have been abused at home.
He must have been abused at school.
He must have been abused by his friends.
He was poor.
His government was oppressing him.
Mom didn't make his supper.
His girlfriend mjust have left him.
His dad wouldn't buy him a car.
He didn't have enough money to go to the movies.
He couldn't find a job.
His unemployment checks ran out.
The government woudln't give him disability.
I bet the cops were rough with him when he was arrested.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Must of had some mad ninja skills to kill 9 people with just a knife.

Hard to fathom that.

It's not that hard. People wont come near you if you're swinging a knife and you dont have to aim at all. You could do it with your eyes closed.

Walking down the sidewalk in a highly populated area you could just keep stabbing people in the back and moving on. I'd bet you get through a dozen people before anyone even noticed what you were doing.

In a town I used to live some homeless nut ran into a coffee shop and slashed and stabbed the customers killing a dozen and then ran out into the street and kept cutting up pedestrians before the cops shot him.

It's not hard at all to rack up a knife body count. No reloading either.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Once again it comes down to-Its not the weapon chosen, it is the person responsible. A gun or knife will never harm anyone on its own. It takes a person to pick it up and decide what they are going to do with it, be it good or evil.
And to the person who posted "He must of had some mad ninja skills to kill 9 people with a knife" You may want to turn off the action movies for a minute or two. A knife is a serious weapon and capable(obviously) of killing people just as easily as a gun. Especially the defenseless, the weak, or surprised unsuspecting people.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

Banning a weapon because a person who possessed one commited a crime with it is like....well....like this:

No, it's not at all. Guns don't make people kill, but them ALLOW them to. A gun is perhaps the most practical way to kill someone and grantee you succeed, you could choose another method, but it will be harder, more likely to fail and they will fight back. Fat people will find another way to shovel food in their mouth.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

If you have not guess by now, I’m clearly being sarcastic of this issue. I bring up this article to show all those people that want to ban guns that guns are not the problem, crazy people are the problem. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!

And if you don't allow citizens to have guns, those crazy people won't have access to them. Sure people may be better protected in very rare situations, but it's statistically obvious that guns increase homicide, those deaths outweigh the lives saved by a citizen owning a gun.

Not much point in me posting this, since most of ATS seem to ignore the numbers and insist everyone should have a gun, so I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me here. More people having guns means more potentially crazy people having guns.

Whe should ban pools too. More children die from drowning’s then any other Incident in America each year.

We should also ban Cars as well, More americans die in cars each year then any other incidents!!!!

Its outrages and we should ban them both!
Sarc/ off

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

A knife serves more than 1 purpose. A gun does not. You don't cook with a gun, you kill things with a gun.

gun grabbing isn't the answer, but a stricter vetting (omg big brother)system might help raise red flags before crazy mass shootings take place.

I know i know, your right to bare arms is important, i get that. But should it trump my right to live?

Crazy people will always find a way to harm others, we need to address the reasons they are crazy and help work towards fixing that, instead of trying to take away all the dangerous toys.

I don't want to live in a nerf world.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Wow you've really given this some thought.

No knives for you!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

but a stricter vetting (omg big brother)system might help raise red flags before crazy mass shootings take place.

Describe this vetting system.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

We should also ban Cars as well, More americans die in cars each year then any other incidents!!!!

Yes but you have to pass a government test to drive a car, and allow the government to know the intimate details of your vehicle registration to be legally allowed to drive it.

If the same was true for gun ownership a lot of accidental deaths wouldn't have happened. Mandatory training is a good idea in my opinion, maybe even a license to prove that you took a course and at least looked like you were paying attention.

BEyond that, if you run over someone in your car, the government could potentially track that down as you are registered to own it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So if I get your drift here a shooter says:

"Hey, Gun. Will you allow me to shoot people"
The Gun responds, "Sure, you have my permission to shoot people."
"Thank you, Gun. Any suggestions where to start?"
Gun responds, "Let's look for unarmed people who can't shoot back. Maybe there are also some other people with guns who didn't get permission to shoot people. You can shoot them too."

Is this what you mean?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Wow you've really given this some thought.

No knives for you!

Yeah, well, if you take self preservation seriously you'll reflect once in a while on the horrible things people might do and how they would go about doing it which inevitable involves how impossible it is for anyone to prevent any of these things.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

A knife serves more than 1 purpose. A gun does not. You don't cook with a gun, you kill things with a gun.

gun grabbing isn't the answer, but a stricter vetting (omg big brother)system might help raise red flags before crazy mass shootings take place.

I know i know, your right to bare arms is important, i get that. But should it trump my right to live?

Crazy people will always find a way to harm others, we need to address the reasons they are crazy and help work towards fixing that, instead of trying to take away all the dangerous toys.

I don't want to live in a nerf world.

I agree,

A stricter knife system in china would have never made this happen. Really, what are knife made for?? There only made for one thing, cutting flesh.

sarc/ off again

I hunt with my guns, catch my own food and dont relay on a supermarket to feed me. Must make me a crazy person because i use my guns.
edit on 2-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Lame

Some things are usefull in the daily life of running society, like knife's, car's or whatever...
Gun's are usefull for absolutly nothing, when it get's to running society...

edit on 2-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by SpearMint

Whe should ban pools too. More children die from drowning’s then any other Incident in America each year.

Its outrages and we should ban them both!
Sarc/ off

Can we try to use logic here please, tell me why guns shouldn't be banned, don't stray away from the issue. Sarcasm makes for a poor argument, it suggests you don't have anything of value to say.

First of all we are talking about homicide, you're talking about accidents, they can happen anywhere, so if you're going to make weak arguments like that we might as well just ban living. I don't feel like expanding on why you've made no point there, I'm going to wait for a sensible rebuttal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join