It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the US cause Fallujah's birth defects?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

www.aljazeera.com

New research is underway on the alarming increase in birth defects in the Iraqi city of FallujahIn November 2004, the US led an assault on Fallujah - a stronghold of opposition against the US occupation, west of Baghdad. Intense bombardment left many of its buildings destroyed and displaced much of the 300,000-strong population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-8-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So according to this article when the us invaded FallujahIn they used unusual weapons and the us has admitted that amongst its arsenal was white phosphorus - a substance the Pentagon described as a 'chemical weapon' when it was used by Saddam Hussein against the Kurds.
Research has also Found elevated levels of radioactivity around the city Iraq doctors have been reporting an increase in Birth defects including Children borne with multiple heads witch i did not even now was biologicy possible multiple heads,and serious brain damage

What do you make of this story and is their any connection to the battle and the rise of birth deffects

Edit: sorry for not posting any related news links my computer is acting up
www.aljazeera.com

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Yea they did.

RT ran a doc on it a few months back.

They used depleted Uranium in their weapons, as did the UK.

Arse holes.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Of course they did.. I thought that was common knowledge, but I guess you don't hear those stories being told in American mainstream media. They have used depleted uranium for ages in that area, so no wonder there are all kinds of birth defects.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Unfortunately this isn't new news to ATS.

Even more unfortunate is the fact the rest of the world don't care.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

White phosphorous and depleted uranium.

Both things are WMD in the hands of anyone else but NATO, but when we use them, they're just hunky-dory, no problems.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

aoag.org... article by john pilger, it's been going on a long time, Pilger wrote about Iraqi birth defects in some of his books, if you really want to know more Pilger could be a good place to do some research.

my brackets (the village of)...Son Tra was sprayed with defoliant herbicides, manufactured by Monsanto and the Dow Chemical Company. The herbicide, 2,4,5-T, was called Agent Orange and contained an impurity, dioxin, one of the most devastating poisons. The previous year, 1970, the US government had banned the marketing of 2,4,5-T following a campaign by small farmers – people like Paul Francois – who gave evidence that the herbicide turned young trees to powder and causes paralysis and blindness among their livestock and impotence in themselves.
Banned at home, the spray could still be used overseas, especially in the American war in Vietnam. It was not long before a pattern of deformities began to emerge in the Vietnamese people: babies were born without eyes, with deformed hearts and small brains and with stumps instead of legs. In August 1970, in a report to the US Senate, Senator Gaylord Nelson wrote that ‘the US had dumped [on south Vietnam] a quantity of toxic chemical amounting to six pounds per head of population including women and children’.
The impact on the environment was apocalyptic..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Dr Helen Caldicott has spoken about the effects on the Children. I recall reading an article about the fact that photographs of some of the Babies and Children are not being placed on the internet - it is too sad and it is to protect the families.

On the internet - everything related to blood and gore and all things grotesque - but - finally in the midst of all the global depravity something so heart breaking and soul destroying is not being posted on the world wide web.

The parents of the unhealthy Children must be devastated and I am heart broken for them. The evil that can do such things and create such indescribable pain and horror deserve - I don't know what. All I know is that all this evil directed at Humans, Animals and the Ecology has to end sometime and I hope it is soon.

Much Peace...to the People of Fallujah and your innocent Children - I am heart broken and feel your pain...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Yes they did. Most of the world knows using depleted uranium is a war crime. I hope one day those complicit are held to account.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It could all be prevented without patriotism and brainwashing in the military

When a country wishes to deploy their military all the soldiers need to do is say NO.

The words YES and NO have so much power and if used correctly humanity can strive to create a heaven on earth.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As a US Marine who fought in Fallujah I can tell you this. Depleted Uranium(DU) and White Phosphorus(WP) were used heavily. I have photos of WP bursting above the city both during the day and at night. As for unussual weapons I haven't a clue. I saw no unusual weapons of any sort being used. It is sad what our government has done and what they have made us do over the years. I don't know why any civilians returned there after the battle. The place was uninhabitable.

Along with the effects of DU/WP you also have to take into account the effects of the poor living conditions in general. The Jihadists had secured that city for some time and there were no city services being taken care of. This means sewers were overflowing into the streets and sickness was already present. I wish the war had never happened personally. I live with guilt and regret everyday of my life and stories like this cut right through like a knife. I was one of the few who really tried to help the Iraqi people I came in contact with and this saddens me deeply as I think of them now.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
depleted Uranium
I felt was wrong to use on the people of IRAQ especially since it was known how it would leave a radioactive trace. A trace to be absorbed by the native people of that region and the soldiers fighting there. I used to mess with a femal whos dad was in the NAM wars and in regions where agent orange was dropped. Needles to say her dad had issues and she had issues that the docs couldnt fully pin point smh @ WARS. The more developed SHOULD be advanced beyond this type of behavior.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
depleted Uranium
I felt was wrong to use on the people of IRAQ especially since it was known how it would leave a radioactive trace. A trace to be absorbed by the native people of that region and the soldiers fighting there. I used to mess with a femal whos dad was in the NAM wars and in regions where agent orange was dropped. Needles to say her dad had issues and she had issues that the docs couldnt fully pin point smh @ WARS. The more developed SHOULD be advanced beyond this type of behavior.

Myself and most of the guys I know all have health issues now as well. And many who fought there have children with problems. There is no reason the US needed to use depleted uranium shells in that battle. We were fighting insurgents with ak's, rpg's, and IEDs, not tanks and armored personell carriers. The US used Fallujah as one big dump-ex for DU/WP rounds they have stockpiled.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I wish the war had never happened personally. I live with guilt and regret everyday of my life and stories like this cut right through like a knife. I was one of the few who really tried to help the Iraqi people I came in contact with and this saddens me deeply as I think of them now.

I respects you for thinking like this. As a soldier 1 knows it gets hard when you really are there trying to ASSIST or help or provide (STO) service to others with your life on the line. It is sad how politics manage to overwrite even the soldiers positive agenda to HELP. GOD BLESS YOU FOR KEEPING THE COMPASSION AND THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICES TO ASSIST THE HERD IN SOME OF THE HARSHES SITUATIONS...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

The words YES and NO have so much power and if used correctly humanity can strive to create a heaven on earth.

AGREED YES WILL POWER. What happens if ALL the worlds soldiers reach the same understanding wihtin the soldiers collective of EA*RTH. Would they all put their weapons down and GO HOME TO THEIR FAMILIES
WHO LOVE THEM MISS THEM WORRY ABOUT THEM & then let the politicians of ill go to war with themselves? Should make for fast less destructive wars IF YOU PUT THEM ALL IN 1 ARENA....NOTED

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

AGREED YES WILL POWER. What happens if ALL the worlds soldiers reach the same understanding wihtin the soldiers collective of EA*RTH. Would they all put their weapons down and GO HOME TO THEIR FAMILIES
WHO LOVE THEM MISS THEM WORRY ABOUT THEM & then let the politicians of ill go to war with themselves? Should make for fast less destructive wars IF YOU PUT THEM ALL IN 1 ARENA....NOTED

NAMASTE*******

We can only dream my friend, however some dreams do come true.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

www.aljazeera.com

New research is underway on the alarming increase in birth defects in the Iraqi city of FallujahIn November 2004, the US led an assault on Fallujah - a stronghold of opposition against the US occupation, west of Baghdad. Intense bombardment left many of its buildings destroyed and displaced much of the 300,000-strong population.

Search "depleted uranium" and "Fallujah" on here.....you'll find alot of threads.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

We can only dream my friend, however some dreams do come true.

I agree with this statement as well. SHALL 1 DREAM THE DREAM WHERE ALL ARE AT PEACE EVENTUALLY

I feel the soldiers collective, there is something that holds them to their obligations of politics strong (don't know if its related to FOLLOWING ORDERS or KEEPING IT REAL WITH THE CODE THEY FOLLOW but something hold them to the point where soldiers from EAST or WEST can see and be part of atrocious activities like seeing a family, kids and all bombed or shot up and find logic within those activities like well those children wont be a threat to my children's future or something like that) WEST or EAST.

I think its related to THE PROGRAMMING THAT THEY ARE DEFENDING THEIR FAMILIES/COUNTRY. But if they lose their lives their families lost some of the main family defense mom or dad you know.
Not to mention potential KARMA they may have surrounded their families with. (you kill another's mother & father or children then the energy may be coming back to you further down the line when your safe at home and get a call of a car accident or sickness in the family if not a death. ITS A VICIOUS ENERGY CYCLE HENCE WHY I AM AGAINST MOST WARS. (IMAGINE ALL THE DISPLACED SOULS IN 1 LOCATION- OVER YEARS IS SHORT PERIOD SO THEY WOULD AMASS IN A FAIRLY QUICK TIME PERIOD IN 1 SOUL/INTERNAL ENERGY/SPIRIT) location. Its just sick, I do feel bad for soldiers overall though NOT the ignorant ones who seek war zones so they can outburst their ignorance upon others though IN FORM OF RAPE -GREED ROBBERY- RACISM lawlesness ECT. But the ones who were or are older teens being mind washed into a agenda that may really be a sacrificial activity being distributed by VARIOUS top heads, top heads that MAY appear to be enemies OF EACH OTHER to the general public BUT HAVE AN AGENDA TO FOLLOW TOGETHER to perform blood formula sacrifices, but that's another thread.. SO YEA 1 SHALL KEEP DREAMING FOR BETTER TIMES.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Greg Hunter who once worked with the MSM reported on this years ago...

Greg has since left the MSM and has a website at USAWatchdog

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It breaks my hard and worst of it, it was done with 'our' money, so we have our part of guilt, especially in selecting unfit person for president. (let's pretend that election was not set up)

In my opinion, USA government as responsible should take care of health issue and sanitation of region, if that is even possible any more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join