It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUTHLAND documentary about fracking!! Very interesting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I would like to share a video that was sent to me by a member of the fracking industry in PA.

This documentary goes to actual professionals and experts to show the truth behind fracking, and is a real eye opener.

If you haven't watched the movie gasland yet, I suggest you do. I am sorry, but at work I can't get the link to the gasland movie here.

In this documentary Truthland, there is a land owner from Susquehanna county PA. This lady and her family watched the gasland movie and were very concerned to some of the things brought up in it about fracking and their safety.

This family recently discovered natural gas on their property and heard so many scary stories about fracking and the dangers, so she decided to take it upon herself to get to the bottom of these proposed alligations.

She visits people from all over the USA that can answer her questions. The flaming water, the supposed contamination of the water supply, etc. She actually feared for the safety of her children, baby, farm animals, pets, and the rest of her family.

So instead of making a rash decision on letting the fracking company come to their property and start, she has a lot of questions she wants answered first, to insure her and her family will be safe.

Please take the time to watch if you have questions about fracking also, as she visits the people who are qualified to answer the questions she has to ask.

Any questions please feel free to ask! If someone can imbed this video, I would appreciate it!

This video was sent to me from a friend at Halliburton energy services. Please just double click the picture to make it full screen.

edit on 8/2/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Link doesnt work

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Working on it....Sorry

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I would like to share a video that was sent to me by a member of the fracking industry in PA.

Nuff said.

Yes, Gasland was a little extreme. But see, it was produced by people who actually saw the effects of fracking. Your video, which i won't even bother with, was provided by someone in the industry, and the link actually has Halliburton in it.

Instead of listening to a film maker, or listening to a PR person from the very industry in question, go youtube the interviews of government officials from areas in the US that already went through this.

contamination of the ground water table IS a concern, by the very nature of fracking. You are, quite literally, pumping sludge into the ground to essentially shake loose the natural gas from the shale and other deposits trapping this. As such, you are creating little earthquakes, and are shifting things below the surface, which HAS led to well and ground water contamination.

No single fracking company can or will tell you the chemicals used. They will refer to some, and then just call the others "agents". It's a chemical cocktail of carcinogenic chemicals and god knows what else.

There are many people who now can not drink their well water because of fracking, there are various cases of flammable (actually, inflammable) water and explosions. Only a few are in "gasland".

honestly, for an ATS user, you should be weary of a video produced by the very industry in question, which is quite obviously a response to gasland.

===
ETA.

I live in New Brunswick, Canada. We're currently fighting the fracking industry here as they intend to start the process all over the province. NB, outside of Ontario and parts of western canada, has some of the most pristine and untouched wilderness you will ever find. As well, NB has the largest undocumented water table around. We simply don't have all of it mapped out.

Yet, the industry feels comfortable enough to start pumping sludge into the ground wherever they want.

As well, you have to remember, this sludge comes back up, not all of it sits and contaminates the ground, it has to be disposed of.

To see some of the potential issues involved, I direct people to the movie H2Oil. It's not about fracking, it's about the Alberta tar sands and the damage being caused there in the drive to get as much fuel out as possible, cheaply.

Fracking alone isn't the devil, I'm sure there are methods to reduce the risk. The problem is, they simply don't give two craps about you dying from cancer 10 years from now, they only care about PROFITS for the shareholders, and you aren't one of them, so you could be dead or alive, it doesn't matter.
edit on 2-8-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Try that one. I got it from youtube.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Good for you......Keep that mind closed.....Move on to something else that you will keep your closed mind on......

Who cares who makes the video?? The guy who made gasland HATES fracking.....What's the difference between that and someone who actually wants answers to these proposterous allegations??

Move along though, we don't like people on ATS who won't try to see both sides of the story....

Edit: You have no clue as to what you are even arguing in your post.....Sludge water?? Why don't you actually look into it before making your mind up from what you HEAR??

You can learn some good information by actually looking into stuff.....Good luck on your quest

Oh and your "sludge water" is expained in this documentary also. It also shows you the casing of a well and how it all works.....But you don't care I am sure

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

This is nothing but propaganda. How does anyone expect to find truth from a industry sponsored "documentary"?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

So I am to assume that nobody will even watch this video to see what this lady found? I should have figured as much going in......

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The minute you say

Halliburton
I'm out.

If fracking could use only steam or hot water, I'd say go for it. Those chemicals are my issue, they leave a lasting poisonous legacy.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Why don't you just watch the documentary and possibly learn a thing or 2??

I figured to either have a silenced crowd because of what is revealed, or a bunch of blasting of the people involved....ie Halliburton, Cheasapeke, fracking, etc......

This lady did this documentary on her own, for her and her families sake and safety!! They show how strong the casing is that hold these "hazardous" chemicals you speak about.......The EPA head talks about how they have never showed any water supply being poisoned by the chemicals.....etc

Please just watch this video and make your own assumptions from it from there......Why does everyone want to turn away when they could possibly learn something from one of the most misunderstood conspiracies out there??

If you have no idea what fracking actually is, why wouldn't you want to learn a little bit from the heads of departments this lady visits??

Flaming water faucets that are burning because of METHANE, not natural gas, and proven......This stuff is good information for you all that are so highly opposed to fracking....

But I feel like I am just wasting my breath......No actual replies other than.....

"It has Halliburton in it so I won't watch it"....Which Halliburton has nothing to do with this video other than the person who sent it to me works there....

......sigh

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You seem like a spokesman or a salesman for fracking. :p I may watch the video and if anyone does, they need to research what's said. "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe nothing unless you can prove it through your own research."

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I have done my reading and I have seen "Gasland". I object to people who are living on land that is suddenly turned into a gas field, all the odors that go along with that, and whose property values crash. Not even speaking of the health risks.
I object to the government selling land and retaining mineral/oil rights so they can come along and do this. The people living there have no choice.
I object to any corporation who rapes the land for profit without regard for the cost to the people living there and the environment. Who use foul poisonous chemicals to dissolve rock. I object to warmongering companies period.
FYI Methane is the primary ingredient in Natural Gas. www.naturalgas.org...

What is your point? You are pro-fracking? I am not. I am anti-fracking, and I am happy with my opinion.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by Iamschist because: added a link

new topics

top topics

join