It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Costs Nothing !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I wanted to post this op for obvious reasons."Freedom Costs Nothing" but before I do I want to say I know there is a lot being said on A.T.S. in regards to The Constitution, Gun Control, Big Brother and people being stripped of their rights. It's so plain and crystal clear if you back up and just see it for what it is. Knowing the truth is the door through which freedom comes. The opposite is true also. Not knowing the truth is a door locked and freedom cannot pass.it's so sad and tragic to see what I have seen in recent times, compared to my memories of the past.

Try to imagine being told life is what we say it is.
Try to imagine being told if you believe in God you will be punished.
Try to imaging being told your value and self esteem is determined by money.
Try to imagine being told you will be punished for crimes you don't commit.

Try to imagine allowing it.

The Government is supposed to be nothing more than a group of men and women, hired to protect everyone's right to have a life that makes them happy, doing whatever they want as long as they don't harm others. That is what freedom is. Pure and simple.

That's my rant for the day and now the article.

I will be frank with you: I have an underlying feeling of anger, regret, fear, guilt and a sense of urgency that not only needs to be listened to, but acted upon. This is no penny ante poker game, nor is it 5 cent black jack. This is The Death Of America, if something isn't done and done soon.

You know as the 4th of July approached, I kept thinking about what I wanted to say in regards to our Independence Day. I couldn't come up with anything. I felt it but I couldn't say it. I had it but I couldn't find it and then it hit me today, just one night before the fourth. All I had to do was go online, just like every other day and pay attention to the attitudes, the ignorance, the blindness, the stupidity and the disregard of almost everyone I came in contact with in regards to the simple truth, the simple reality that our freedom may become a past memory in the not too distant future.

The full article is available from the link below,,,

www.heavencanbefound.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
uhhmm...what specific "freedoms" have you been denied? and are those "freedoms" that you have been denied in the best interest of everybody, or just a select few?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

You lie. Freedom costs $1.05

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Are you just looking for an argument or do you really need an answer to your question? The OP is suggesting that many rights have been stripped from us over the years. Is Stockton not included in the general population of taxpayers that has lost too many rights to count over the years? I didn't see the news that suggested that there were certain people in certain parts of the US (other than the 1%) that have not been ill affected by the changes the OP is referring to.

The list is long my friend and if you can't see it then I guess that we can count you out as one of the people that won't be part of the solution.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Its when your freedoms start to infringe on another persons freedoms that a cost is added up.

I may want the freedom to have easy access to electronics, to facilitate that we need to take advantage of poor african nations to pillage their lands for the rare resources. Is that not imposing a cost for my freedom?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
uhhmm...what specific "freedoms" have you been denied? and are those "freedoms" that you have been denied in the best interest of everybody, or just a select few?

Everybody or just a few does not matter they are freedoms, they cannot be taken away unless you take anothers.
My freedoms have never infringed on anothers nor will they, I know the value of mine.
However if I were ever oppressed, I know how valuable my freedoms are and would not allow them to pass without some serious scratching and kicking. ... or worse.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I just have to say, all those things happened to Native Americans for years.

Well, it isn't a good thing, for anyone though. Good luck in the future.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by jimmyx

Everybody or just a few does not matter they are freedoms, they cannot be taken away unless you take anothers.
My freedoms have never infringed on anothers nor will they, I know the value of mine.
However if I were ever oppressed, I know how valuable my freedoms are and would not allow them to pass without some serious scratching and kicking. ... or worse.

Exactly, here is a quote from Thomas Jefferson:

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Unfortunately this is what seems to be happening. People are overwhelmed with fear of the smallest things and are willing to trade away their freedom.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
To Be truly free one must willing to give up their mortal life for that freedom.

Or are you speaking of spiritual freedom? Sorry didn't read the attachment in your OP.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well I guess this has been covered but I will give you a list and a heads up but before I do, I am curious if you think you have lost some of your freedoms. I am not talking about the freedom to waste water during a drought or the freedom to point a gun at someone and scare them just because you own the gun and were in the mood to play a practical Joke.

I am talking about freedom that your born with according to The Constitution of The United States of America.

If you would, can you tell me if you read or listened to the entire article I supplied the link to?
Thanks for your post

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Maybe you should read it my friend.

new topics

join