It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EQ swarm alert - connected to offshore Alaskan buoy w/large drop?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If you use the RSOE website, you will see the plate boundaries.
If you understand plate tectonics, when you have a pressure release (earthquake) on one side,
it creates a new pressure area on the opposite side.
There has been a huge increase in frequency and magnitude of quakes in the pacific rim (plate) since 2007.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Yes, RSOE is great if you want to learn about or view the major and intermediate plate boundaries.

Sorry I had to post and run Friday, thanks to those who participated in the thread, or even read it.

It looks like things have calmed down for the moment.

The 2MIN news guy on YouTube believes we are getting a correlation between quakes and planetary alignments, we just finished an alignment and it would seem his theory was somewhat borne out with a half dozen or so 6+ Mags, where we haven't seen many for weeks.

2MIN news link:

www.youtube.com...

However, this was a minor alignment, thus minor tectonic activity.

I couldn't find the measurement for the buoy drop in Alaska, but to illustrate the point that 100 m water column drops are possible in a matter of seconds I pulled one up that coincided with the largest "slip-fault" EQ ever recorded, the 8.6 off the coast of Indonesia, the same day as this 100m+ water column drop:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow, TWO volcanoes erupted yesterday in New Zealand, after all that tectonic activity last week along the Pacific and Australian Plates. One of the volcanoes has been dormant since about 50 BC. Must be a coincidence, everything is fine, go back to sleep.

Here is some info on the two volcanoes in NZ:

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

<< 1   >>

join