It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EQ swarm alert - connected to offshore Alaskan buoy w/large drop?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Over the last six hours there have been multiple 5.0+ Mag EQ'a and some 6.0+ along the Australian/Pacific plate boundaries.

Some are speculating they are related to a huge drop (100m) recorded by an off-shore Alaskan buoy which actually recorded major movements deep in the earth.

We haven't seen any 7+ Mag EQ's for about 3 months, will this "alledged" large movement and/or quake swarm start a chain reaction?

Has anyone else noticed any large readings in Alaskan offshore buoys?

NOAA buoys map:

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
100 METER drop in water level? I can't have read that right.

That's impossible.. isn't it?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
which buoy? for example,
Station 46409 (LLNR 984.5) - 240 NM Southeast of Kodiak, AK
does not show such variation in water column height.
interesting, though, and usgs quake has been down a lot in the last two days.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

!

I don't know much about this but it looks to me like something big is happening.

Did the water level really drop that much? Has to be a mistake.

This may be totally unrelated but as soon as I clicked this page my computer slowed down a lot. Almost like 'they' didn't want me to see this story anyone else have a prob. with their rig? It's not doing it now but it was just a little strange.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It sounds to me like this 100-meter drop is a drop in the sea BED level, not the WATER level. There's now 100 more meters of water between the buoy and the ocean floor; if the sea bed didn't fall 100 meters, that'd mean the water ROSE 100 meters, and since sea levels are the same globally, everything less than that high above sea level would now be drowned the world over. A 100-meter drop in the sea bed would also trigger a tsunami unless it was a very small area that fell.

But which buoy was it?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Could it be this one... Buoy 55015 report a drop of 150 meters or buoy 56003 off the North Coast of Australia...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

I thought it was an Alaskan buoy? Those are both near Australia... and they don't show variations of more than a couple of meters, easily attributable to normal wave activity. OP, where did you see this information about the hundred-meter drop?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

There is a thread on glp about this.
There is no evidence on that thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

There is a thread on glp about this.
There is no evidence on that thread.

link to thread??

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

there has got to be some sort of mistake regarding the buoy. it just doesn't seem right. on the other site someone is saying readings have been down for 8 hours on several buoys. can anyone confirm that?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

www.godlikeproductions.com...reply to post by steve95988

There you go.

Why is that dated from April?
What am I missing here?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

www.godlikeproductions.com...reply to post by steve95988

There you go.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

there are also swarms off oregon coast. what happens if alasaka and oregon both have a minor earthquake at same time?

below is Oregon thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What the link to glp provides, is evidence that this probably happens from time to time. We're still breathing, for now

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

I didn't catch the date.
All i did was copy the info in relocater's post and searched and that thread was all i found.
I went to the i think usgs link in that thread and many of te stations have reported in a while and the ones that did showed normal activity as far as i could tell.

It wasn't usgs it was www.ndbc.noaa.gov...
edit on 2-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I find this extremely interesting. I read an article on either fox news or drudge earlier this morning about Oregon and a 40 percent chance of Oregon having a major EQ within the next 50 years on the scale of Japan's EQ. I can't find the article now, but did a little google search and a similar article came up from yesterday.

Here is the LINK

I am flagging this because I too have noticed an increase in the last few weeks of activity off the coast of Oregon and as a geology student I spend a lot of time researching and keeping my eyes on EQ and volcanic activity worldwide, but especially the west coast and Pacific northwest.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Something is effecting the earth quakes right now.
I don't pretend to know what the factor is but the moon sure is full tonight and the anticipation of a major event is high as well and will remain throughout the years end.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Mate, if you truly watch this stuff online, you would know that this happens regularly and this site is full of Henny Penny's crowing over every event they think means anything more than whats happened for thousands of years.

We even had some plonker on here last year speculating because four quakes appeared to be in a line along a man made geographical parallel.

It's nothing unusual - go back to bed.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It becomes more and more frequent until solar peak...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join