It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Prepares for War!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Why is this in the "War on Terrorism" forum?

Isn't it pretty fair to say that 9/11, whatever else it may be, was the start of all to follow? So, Iran is really the last campaign of the Terrorist Wars. We'll have to call it something else for whatever country has to die after Iran. Surly they'll deem someone next, but Iran ends the line of 'terrorist' nations. Who stands after they're gone?

Don't worry about running out of wars. The Arab spring is creating the next batch of unstable states as we speak.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I have a legitimate and serious question for those who think the Sleeper cells are all imaginary or just misinformation.

Why is it hard to believe the Iranians and others would have aligned what they have for forces to strike us from the inside, after war has begun? They absolutely cannot win if the American people aren't drawn directly into fighting and war to have personal stake in peace or victory. Peace...would be the hope of an enemy of course. Everyone from Hitler to Assad has learned or IS learning this lesson. Safe and Secure at home, we can literally fight forever with no end while the first thing to be destroyed in any other nation is their ability to make war against us.

Why wouldn't an enemy finally have thought this through for once and done something different? Perhaps Saddam had no time and sanctions then removed the options after 1991. Gadaffi was taken by such shock and surprise after being at record levels of cooperation with the West, he may HAVE had forces in our nation at one time (The 80's perhaps) but heck... He was a duck in the gallery when they finally came for him.

So if Iran wants any hope. Any hope whatsoever, history shows America MUST be made to fight and lose war fighting ability. It's a first. No nation since the war of 1812 has accomplished it. I think better of Iran than to just outright assume they won't have tried. In fact, it'll be sad if they didn't at least try to plan their own survival as this WILL be a very very short war in that case. Iran simply won't exist at the end, in any form those living there today will recognize.

As much as my loyalties as an American are set and clear, I do feel bad to see one of the last remaining descendants of the great Empires of history be cornered and destroyed like it appears Iran will be at this rate. All so stupid and unnecessary.

1. Sleeper cells are real, but then, so too is Homeland Security. While not perfect, the ability to plan wide spread damage is limited by those sleeper cell. And worse for those sleeper cells is that it WILL wake up ALL americans to seek for justice, the way 911 did. Woe befall the culprits if they are derange enough to try it.

2. Many love ancient history, for it tells and leaves mankind to clues of our origins. But the structures, no matter how grand, are only man-made construct. When placed alongside human lives or such construct, human lives WILL ALWAYS take precedence.

Should war befall Iran, there will be structures and precious human lives lost, sadly due to the belligerance of their leaders insistance to be a threat to humanity. However, its history, culture and remnants of the persian people will never be destroyed or lost.

It will serve as a memory of a culture that once lived, a lesson on how their leaders had mismanaged, lead to the loss of precious human lives and ruin to the nation, and a lesson the innocent next generation must NEVER to repeat, but to progress and contribute to the evolution and aims of ALL mankind, leaving none behind....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Isn't it pretty fair to say that 9/11, whatever else it may be, was the start of all to follow?

No.

Israel's problem with Iran, and the USA's problem with Iran, both pre-date 9/11 by many decades...

Now that I think about it - how is 9/11 even part of this? This is about Iran's alleged nuclear capabilities.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The better title would be Iran prepares for self defense from a empire hell bent on world Domination (ie..the USA)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

To get technical, heck, the roots of much of this predate any of our Western nations and sit with the Sunni/Shia conflict. Ask a Shia, if not a Sunni sometime. I've gotten looong talks on it from a few different folks.

I said 9/11 was the start of all to follow because the United States was a nation at peace on 9/10. As hard as it is to imagine....Almost none of this security nightmare was here and heck, Department of Homeland Security hadn't even been uttered as an idea for a name that anyone in the public had heard, anyway.

9/11 marks the point where free and unrestricted military action began from the U.S. and others, world wide to various levels of conflict. Thats how I figure the date. The installment of the Shah could also be pointed to as a date of course and from our side, the fall of the U.S. Embassy and start of the Embassy Staff hostage crisis in 1979. 9/11 still works for me tho.... The rest gets a dumb look and outright confusion by so many these days. (I don't mean you...folks here know history pretty well)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Iran would be destroyed with relative ease by the US. Its best that US foreign policy move away from Israel no longer is Israel the only key strategic ally in the middle east. Thankfully do to US foreign policy we have not attacked Iran yet and Israel has not attacked Iran yet and its entirely likely because of the fact that the US has told Israel that they would be on there own should they attack Iran. Its imperative that we avoid conflict with Iran, UNLESS we have a large majority of international support on our side and only if NATO nations are involved. A purely American attack hurts our credibility and a strictly Israeli attack destroys's and discredits Israeli's image even more to the world and in turn the Iranian's will know or will assume we wanted Israel to attack them. That is why if an attack is to occur its best that we lead the attack the world accepts American military intervention/attacks but does not accept Israels.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join