Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Super daughter lifts up car to save her Dad !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Nice story, it always amazes me what the human body is capable of.

I had a similar experience when I was just a small boy - 7ish, I was fishing with my family and my mum fell in. It was deep and weedy and she would have drowned as my dad was further down the bank. I grabbed her hand and yanked her out like an adult would pull out a child, clear up onto the bank, a full grown woman wearing wellies and heavy, wet clothes.

My dad saw the whole thing as he was running towards us and was amazed. Adrenaline can do amazing stuff.

Mind you, I've tried to call on that strength many times since in non emergencies and no dice, it's got to be in the heat of the moment without conscious thought I think.

It's a story that was often retold at the dinner table in our family when I was growing up, but I'd not thought about in years (I'm fifty now) thanks for reminding me!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I can shed light on this phenomena. However most of you won't believe a word, even if it was absolute truth.

All objects in the universe, vibrate at a certain frequency. Including humans. In a state of panic, it is possible that there was a shift in consciousness that allowed the woman to vibrate at a higher state of consciousness and become one with the car, giving her the strength to move it. There have been numerous occasions where things like this have happened. There is no scientific evidence for it, except for the recent discovery on the god particle. Which of course will be going through the three stages of truth, first it will be ridiculed, then it will be violently opposed, and then it will be accepted as self evident. In the words of nikola tesla, he once said, science will make great leaps and bounds when we start thinking about frequencies, and vibrations.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I can shed light on this phenomena. However most of you won't believe a word, even if it was absolute truth.

All objects in the universe, vibrate at a certain frequency. Including humans. In a state of panic, it is possible that there was a shift in consciousness that allowed the woman to vibrate at a higher state of consciousness and become one with the car, giving her the strength to move it. There have been numerous occasions where things like this have happened. There is no scientific evidence for it, except for the recent discovery on the god particle. Which of course will be going through the three stages of truth, first it will be ridiculed, then it will be violently opposed, and then it will be accepted as self evident. In the words of nikola tesla, he once said, science will make great leaps and bounds when we start thinking about frequencies, and vibrations.

At the moment I am open to any interpretation of an event such as this. Maybe looking at it from a "strength" perspective only is limiting my understanding and that frequencies & vibrations and our interaction with them needs to be considered.

Food for thought - thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This girl has defied the sacred gender roles :/

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
its called Adrenaline. Its nothing more nor less. refering to the "supposed" super strength, and is something that cant be called upon, its something that just happens.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Allseeingey3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I'm not impressed by the feat of strength, as I think there's some embellishment.

What I'm impressed with is she knew CPR and has a physics degree.

You have to admit that knowing CPR wouldn't have been much good with the car compressing his chest. In this case knowledge and super strength were equally important.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
No, something like this goes beyond typical adrenaline. You can conjure up adrenaline at any given time when you're "in the moment" but in a situation like stated above, it's uncommon and seems to be "more than just adrenaline" by many. As I recall, it's a sense of hyper-efficiency where your mind utilizes the most of your energy, everywhere, in a desperate attempt for survival. Adrenaline is like your own personalized steroid for the moment, but this hyper-efficiency thing is ridiculously stronger, faster, etc... But the downside to it is that you use up so much of your own energy.

Chips are stronger because of two reasons. The first reason is because they have much more muscle fiber than humans and they also have better developed muscles. We sit on a computer all day, we're not out there running around and climbing trees. Well, I'm sure some of us are... To adapt to this relaxed lifestyle, we just forget about using our muscles to their full capacity and just survive that way, while preserving a lot of energy in the process.

www.sciencedaily.com... - secret of chimp's strength
en.wikipedia.org... - super human strength (non-medical)
en.wikipedia.org... - Adrenaline

top topics

<< 1   >>

join