It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange creatures that have washed ashore in recent years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This is one of those particular topics that intrigues me. A lot of these sightings have rational explanations. Others in my opinion do not. There is still so much we do not know about the world we live in. I have read so many reports over the years of strange creature sightings from all over the world. I would like to know the opinions of fellow ATSers as to what some of these things may or may not be. Below is a link to 10 of the anomalous creatures that have been found in recent years.The one that has always has stuck out to me is "the Montauk monster". Jeff Corwin (of Animal Planet fame) even jumped in on that one, offering an opinion that is absolutely ridiculous. He thought that it was the body of a hairless raccoon, Seriously. I have a family member who has a pet raccoon, and that thing is NO raccoon. All one has to do is look at the facial features of this creature - what ever it may have been to realize that. Corwin's explanation is in my opinion, one of the worst guesses possible to the creatures identity. What is Strange to me, is that the CIA has been to some of the sites of these washed up creatures and removing the remains, with no word of any DNA testing as to the creatures origin and the creature is never seen again. I always thought that was a bit odd.

www.mysterywatch.co.uk...#/sea-monster-remains/4553517028

edit on 2-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Almost all are decomposed carcasses. Couple that with any scavanging that WILL have occured and christ knows what a carcass looks like. I suspect almost all are known animals in an unusual state of decomposition.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

HAHA wow the guesses on some of these creatures are ridiculous! Last time i checked, raccoons DO NOT have beaks. And how in the world can that first creature with the long slender body be a whale? I would really like to see the lab results from these creatures, too bad that will probably never happen. I dont understand why the governments would have to be so secretive about these creatures, if they are from our planet then they could just be an undiscovered species. New species are found every day without all the secretive hype around it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's not very surprising. Less than 5% of the ocean has been explored. I'm sure all these sea monsters really aren't monsters at all, just animals that live in deeper, confined areas of the ocean.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
Almost all are decomposed carcasses. Couple that with any scavanging that WILL have occured and christ knows what a carcass looks like. I suspect almost all are known animals in an unusual state of decomposition.

Yeah I tend to agree with this.

Though I don't know about everything. Certain cases are an exception!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaZep

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Yeah I tend to agree with this.

Though I don't know about everything. Certain cases are an exception!

In some cases genetic disorders or/and mutations and/or virus' can cause disfiguration in animals. Couple this with the simple fact that we are still discovering species that dwell in the deeper ocean all of these corpses dont surprise me personally.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

I agree. There is something to be said about some of the, but not all of them. The montauk monster always bothered
me. Something seems off about that one. Like someone may have been using it as a genetic experiment. Albeit, a failed one.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I dont know if i have read it wrong but the picture of the creature that was washed up on east Hampton beach looks alot like a picture that has been in the news lately. On that picture it says from 2008. the picture that has been in the news said that it was in manhatan.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kmeredith

You are thinking of the 2012 dubbed "montauk monster" and I believe that washed up on the shore near manhattan. I have seen the picture of that one, and It looks nothing like the 2008 montauk monster.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

There is an article for it here saying about the creatures. www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry i had to google that one, i dont really get into the finer details of animal corpses/washups i leave that one to the professionals (this is mostly due to the sheer number of species in a specific family, it usually throws me off when looking at bone structures etc, unlike humans which for me is easy
).

However after reading a few articles and case studies, it appears the consensus is its a racoon, as for my opinion. Honestly i have no idea.

top topics

join