It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly Suspicious Activity - Stocks SOAR up to 2000% False Flag On Horizon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Can anyone shed any further light on this? Stocks have risen very unusually....

Link to Article

Kass also provides a list of stocks that are seeing WAY abnormally high volume compared to normal.

1973% GOV US Equity
1063% PL US Equity
747% MTZ US Equity
672% EXG US Equity
578% N US Equity
518% BG US Equity
420% HOG US Equity
407% TRN US Equity
401% PIR US Equity
388% PPO US Equity
316% KRO US Equity
314% DDD US Equity
305% DOLE US Equity
298% JWN US Equity
262% HLF US Equity
248% MCP US Equity
248% NOK US Equity
247% FRX US Equity
238% FSL US Equity
237% LH US Equity

Apparently, and i cant confirm this for sure, those Gov Equity which top the above list are the same stocks which rose by 800% 2 days prior to 911.
Here is an apparent picture of the sudden rise.

If this is legitimate, it signals a potential problem. Hopefully its a glitch and nothing more.

Two days prior to 911 we saw a very similar and unusual spike in certain stock trading, leading to a significant winfall for those in the know. Could we be looking at a similar circumstance unfolding?

For those interested, do a google search reagrding 'August 4, 2012 Olympic false flag', you will find alot of information and research suggesting such an attack is on the cards.

Could this be a sign that it may happen? Let's cross our fingers and hope not.

edit on 2-8-2012 by srsen because: .

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well, according to this link, it has centred on some kind of technical glitch, HOWEVER, i dont think a glitch actually caused it. Its contradictory (at least it is to me, someone with very little knowledge of the stock market)

"The NYSE and NYSE MKT are currently reviewing irregular trading identified by our people and systems in 148 (140 NYSE/8 MKT) symbols between 09:30:00 a.m. and 10:15:00 a.m. ET today. The NYSE and NYSE MKT will provide updates with respect to these reviews. At this time, we believe NYSE systems and circuit breakers operated normally during this period, and we are working with all market participants on the issue."

WOW - deeper down the rabbit hole, the company who are at the centre of it are called Knight Capital. Dark Knight????

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
So if there was a technology error at Knight Captial, a market-maker, it could account for it.

But it still seems fishy to me. Ensure you read both links and follow the updates within.

This could be massive, or it could be nothing at all. We need our ATS experts to help examine this with an open mind to both possibilities.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Wow good find. I'm scared now.

Follow the money... Always follow the money...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
One of the very few conspiracies I believe in is the "Plunge Protection Team". Kevin Phillips has touched on this in a few different books.
I do think the Fed or the Treasury manipulates market prices to stabilize them (which would be illegal).

Having said that, I don't think the nefarious "they" would work on such an obviously inflated scale. My guess is a glitch of some kind.

I'm not sure what connection this would have with a "false flag"? If a large number of people starts short selling stock in, say airlines, then maybe you'd be on to something. It'd be a good way for a terrorist group to make money on an attack.

Increased trading doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's just measuring volume, not price.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Well that graph doesn't look like a glitch to me. It seems to have a some what natural and unpredictable flow which would indicate it is real trading. Someone knows something about something.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ok, for example, a couple of these are interesting:

NetSuite Inc opened at 55.69, dropped to 47.07 at one point before recovering to close at 53.42
Harley Davidson Inc opened at 43.34 dropped to 37.84 and recovered to 43.23

That is fairly volatile and an increase in trading say 200-400% might indicate artificial inflation by "them". But the more volatile the trading the more volume takes place naturally as people begin to bail or exercise options to buy at a whatever low price.

BUT that's two out of a large list and most of them were relatively price-stable. And the volume numbers were insanely inflated for all of them. That doesn't make sense. So it's probably a glitch.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Indeed if this is real trading, I would get the hell outta London!

I wish i knew stock stuff so i could analyse the stocks selling so strangely and try to identify links to anything significant.

The only thing which would tie this to london is:
a) the date (2 days prior to August 4) (August 4 though is a stretch as it is unconfirmed as of yet)
and
b) The company KNIGHT Captial. Much of the Dark Knight Aurora movie theatre killings have been linked to the Olympics, hence creating a link between Knight Capital and London (on a mutlicontextural sync level)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
And now:
www.nytimes.com...

An automated stock trading program suddenly flooded the market with millions of trades Wednesday morning, spreading turmoil across Wall Street and drawing renewed attention to the fragility and instability of the nation’s stock markets.

Tadaa... And this is why you shouldn't speculate in the market. Because the game is full of computerized trading and amateur traders so the market is not regulating itself by price the way it should. The prices are all artificial.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

A glitch certainly makes sense, except i feel two things; plausible deniability - perhaps the trading is real, and we should be scared, but they report a vague glitch of some kind and we assume it is ALL glitch, and look the other way.

Secondly, it is a mighty coincidence. I dont generally believe in coincidences. It worries me a little, the timing of it.

Either way, the more we get this thread exposed, the greater the chance that IF something is up, we help foil their attempts at some kind of attack.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
And now:
www.nytimes.com...

An automated stock trading program suddenly flooded the market with millions of trades Wednesday morning, spreading turmoil across Wall Street and drawing renewed attention to the fragility and instability of the nation’s stock markets.

Tadaa... And this is why you shouldn't speculate in the market. Because the game is full of computerized trading and amateur traders so the market is not regulating itself by price the way it should. The prices are all artificial.

So this confirms it is a glitch and nothing to worry bout?

Do you know much about stocks? If so, do you know if its possible that the trading is real and this is covering something up?

I ask only because i would like to know for sure whether or not that is even possible and i dont have enough knowledge on the subject to make the decision for myself.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I don't see how a deployed and tested production system would glitch. That kind of thing happens when a system encounters something unusual.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
I don't see how a deployed and tested production system would glitch. That kind of thing happens when a system encounters something unusual.

When it comes to computers and technology, anything is possible and glitches are always possible i suppose. Thing is, its hard to actually know what has happened here.

It certainly seems unusual, but then again, i guess a glitch would appear unusual. Who knows at this stage

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well the trading was real. But it was a script run by a trading house that flooded the volume. The real loser here is probably the trading house that sent out the orders. Depending on what they sold off or bought into, their capital might well have taken a hit. They could be holding on to a lot of very expensive paper that they can't sell for anything like what they bought it for. Their own stock price has plummeted.

If someone is deliberately diddling the market, they aren't going to do so in this manner. They would manipulate the index stocks and not little known, low volume stocks. First, because noone cares what American Repographics Co. (one of the affected companies) closes at for example. They want to know what the Dow30 closed at. Secondly, when trading at that kind of ridiculous volume starts happening exchanges notice. And when they notice, they cancel trades or suspend trading. Which is what happened here. That defeats the purpose of trying to manipulate the index.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
aaand yet another example of why high frequency trading should be banned. Automated, high-speed trading systems have caused countless irrational increase/decrease in stock prices and made the entire stock market completely unstable. One system goes haywire and does a mass sell off, the rest notice the sudden rush and act in kind. A few seconds/minutes later amateurs see the price of their stocks drop 10%, so they offload as quick as they can and next thing you know, you've got the beginnings of a stock market crash with prices bouncing around all over the place (until someone pulls the plug to prevent the whole system falling over).

They need to improve the fairness of the whole system. Release stock price updates at a set interval to ALL people regardless of whether they are pro, amateur, a large corporation, rich or poor (say, 1second resolution), ban trading systems and go back to good ole fashioned human skill with a generous dose of "right place, right time". You'll still have people putting in fibre links as close as physically possible to the stock exchange in an attempt to get the updates before everyone else, but at least with a 1second resolution & no high frequency trading systems it'll be a bit more of a level playing field.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

Or when someone runs a script on a system that is working fine, but puts in 2 hrs instead 24 in an entry field. Or something similarly stupid.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Well the trading was real. But it was a script run by a trading house that flooded the volume. The real loser here is probably the trading house that sent out the orders. Depending on what they sold off or bought into, their capital might well have taken a hit. They could be holding on to a lot of very expensive paper that they can't sell for anything like what they bought it for. Their own stock price has plummeted.

If someone is deliberately diddling the market, they aren't going to do so in this manner. They would manipulate the index stocks and not little known, low volume stocks. First, because noone cares what American Repographics Co. (one of the affected companies) closes at for example. They want to know what the Dow30 closed at. Secondly, when trading at that kind of ridiculous volume starts happening exchanges notice. And when they notice, they cancel trades or suspend trading. Which is what happened here. That defeats the purpose of trying to manipulate the index.

Legend

Thanks heaps for that explanation. It really did help clear it all up. It seems like unless something truely unusual has happened here, then its no major drama here.

Gotta love ATS for times like these.

If something does occur on August 4, this thread may be revived lol!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
aaand yet another example of why high frequency trading should be banned. Automated, high-speed trading systems have caused countless irrational increase/decrease in stock prices and made the entire stock market completely unstable. One system goes haywire and does a mass sell off, the rest notice the sudden rush and act in kind. A few seconds/minutes later amateurs see the price of their stocks drop 10%, so they offload as quick as they can and next thing you know, you've got the beginnings of a stock market crash with prices bouncing around all over the place (until someone pulls the plug to prevent the whole system falling over).

Legend part 2!

That helped alot to expand on Del's explanation. I feel i have learnt much about stocks today!

Thanks peeps

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Here's a conspiracy for you to wait a day or two for: See whether they leave Knight Capital holding the bag for this like they should, OR they retroactively cancel a bunch of previous orders to protect the largest trader of equities in the US market.

They've already cancelled several trades which mostly protects Knight Capital removing accountability from the mess (to be fair, there are a lot of innocent traders who probably lost money too. Yet for everyone that lost money there was someone that made it).

www.indexuniverse.com...

As noted, the NYSE circulated an electronic communique saying it was reviewing trades on a total of 148 securities. While the stocks affected included household names such as Citigroup, the Big Board later said trades on the following six stocks were cancelled:

Wizard Software Corp. (NYSE: WZZ), on trades at or above $4.68 a share
China Cord Blood Corp. (NYSE: CO), at or above $3.22
Reaves Utility Income Fund (NYSE: UTG), at or below $0.0497
E-House (China) Holdings Ltd. (ADR) (NYSE: EJ), at or below $3.36
American Repographics Co. (NYSE: ARC), at or above $5.71
Quicksilver Resources Inc. (NYSE: KWK), at or above $5.91

The NYSE said the trades occurred between 9:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. Eastern time, and noted that its review decisions are final and aren’t subject to appeal

edit on 2-8-2012 by _Del_ because: Added link and accompanying quote

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Here's a conspiracy for you to wait a day or two for: See whether they leave Knight Capital holding the bag for this like they should, OR they retroactively cancel a bunch of previous orders to protect the largest trader of equities in the US market.

They've already cancelled several trades which mostly protects Knight Capital removing accountability from the mess (to be fair, there are a lot of innocent traders who probably lost money too. Yet for everyone that lost money there was someone that made it).

www.indexuniverse.com...

As noted, the NYSE circulated an electronic communique saying it was reviewing trades on a total of 148 securities. While the stocks affected included household names such as Citigroup, the Big Board later said trades on the following six stocks were cancelled:

Wizard Software Corp. (NYSE: WZZ), on trades at or above $4.68 a share
China Cord Blood Corp. (NYSE: CO), at or above $3.22
Reaves Utility Income Fund (NYSE: UTG), at or below $0.0497
E-House (China) Holdings Ltd. (ADR) (NYSE: EJ), at or below $3.36
American Repographics Co. (NYSE: ARC), at or above $5.71
Quicksilver Resources Inc. (NYSE: KWK), at or above $5.91

The NYSE said the trades occurred between 9:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. Eastern time, and noted that its review decisions are final and aren’t subject to appeal

edit on 2-8-2012 by _Del_ because: Added link and accompanying quote

Nice point man, a conspiracy of a different nature but nonetheless, time will tell. Keep an eye on Knights Capital over the next few days for sure. THIS may not be significant but maybe they are on the radar and shouldnt be ignored for a few days now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join