It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eleven things discovered about the moon that you may or may not know about

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I would be lying if I stated that the moon does not and has not fascinated me since I was young. There is so much that we still do not know about it. I was perusing the internet (as usual) and found this site. I admit that some of the things revealed on it I did not know, and thought it was an interesting and thought provoking.

home1.gte.net...

STARTING A NEW THREAD....
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on August 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

ehhhw i think that guy in your link did a good job in pulling some arguments from the shelf, and thats basically all, cause he delivers no sort of source from where he got that.

i took just 1 of these 11 and digged into it and figured that the science community already has quite some ideas about the specific question.

so whatever is in this list .. you can disregard, because it has no sources whatsorever and thats not proper investigation thats just hearsay

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
so in summary, the conclusion is.....

they know nothing about the moon lol

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

I just thought the article was interesting.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Please elucidate. It helps people who are interested in your opinion, but don't wish to make it for you.

I find the moon inspiring, as it sits above us, or we above it, and we shine together as bodies in space, so that us small yet seemingly intelligent apes, can attribute so much to it.

How it shapes the oceans. How it affects moods (or is suspected to). How it brings out the night time as bright as day yet coloured with a subtle glow that shines around everything.

Nothing better than a warm cloudless summer midnight, to stand in a park, with the warm breeze flowing across the grass, rustling the trees, softly bringing with it the scent of nightly purity, peacefulness and innocence, but to look up and see the moon shining down, dimly cracked with age yet as an incandescent beacon to the world.

edit on 2-8-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I am going to look more into the iron sample from the moon that does not rust. I agree with you about what you said about the moon and share your sentiments.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I found other references to things of this nature, but most claims are made by the author, D. Hatcher Childress. This reference vaguely references rust proof iron particles found on the moon. On other sites I have found that it was discovered that the moons soil has elements of uranium and neptunium, which is also kind of interesting to me. The link below somewhat lends creedence to what the original link states as well as other topics about the moon.

uvian.org...
edit on 2-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Scientists now tend to lean toward the third theory- that the moon was "captured" by the earth's gravitational field and locked into orbit ages ago.

This is false, testing conclusively shows that the Earth and Moon have the same origin (The Moon of necessity must come from the Earth). I am not going to bother going into the rest as it is just as much pure garbage with no sources and in no way reflects actual scientific understanding of the Moon.
edit on 2-8-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
good find s&f

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I would gather that there is some debate about sourcs, but david H Childress is a well known writer etc on all kinds of stuff like this, and other anomalous things....His documentaries about ancient earth civilisations etc are pretty good too....id say they are true.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Our sciences are extremely young in the grand scheme of things, we can't expect to know everything about everything, or even something about everything, this early in our bid to understand our world, our universe, and our very existence. There are going to be many mysteries for a long time to come yet. But someday...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Great find, S&F.
Some of these things, and some more, I knew already from a book published back in 1986. (Funny that they still couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation.) The info leaked out before they really understood what they are dealing with, and start covering it up. There is a lot about moon that we don't have a clue.

I just wish that people would be able to read and ponder these things without bias. I mean, pure iron who doesn't rust on the moon, and an iron pillar in New Delhi that never rusted, and nobody can see a connection? Clouds that come from inside? A hollow inside? Whatever...let's just wait for NASA to tell us the truth.
Again, great find, and thank you for posting it.

edit on 2-8-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Isn't a future aim with the moon to harvest/extract helium-3 for Earth's power.

As described in the film Moon (2009) en.wikipedia.org...

Helium 3 has been proven as a power source afaik.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Interesting thread and subject. Thanks for posting! It also reminds me of a book I have been meaning to read for a long time:

"Who built the moon"? by Christopher Knight
www.amazon.com...

It details all kinds of anamolies of the moon.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A variation of a list which has been brought up numerous times and is quite idiotic.
1) The giant impact theory fits evidence quite well
2) There was no 5.3 billion year old rock found. The reason old rocks are more easily found on the Moon than on Earth is because the Earth is geologically active and its surface is "recycled" whereas the Moon's is not. The oldest rocks on Earth match the age of the oldest rocks from the Moon.
3) Lunar soil is the result of asteroidal impacts. Asteroids are old therefore the soil is old however lunar soil is not significantly older than lunar rocks.
4) The Moon does not ring like a hollow sphere but it does reverberate. Try hitting a solid piece of iron. It "rings" and it isn't hollow. The Earth reverberates as well.
5) Asteroidal impacts create tremendous heat which causes rocks to melt. Those elements are found in Earth's surface too.
6) No rustproof iron.
7) Not highly radioactive. The suggestion that high heat flow has anything to do with radioactivity is stupid. It means that heat from the Sun is carried through the lunar regolith easily.
8) No 100 square mile cloud of water vapor.
9) No glassy surface. There are particles of glass, as to be expected as the result of asteroidal impacts.
10) No strongly magnetized rocks.
11) Yes, there are mascons. However they are not all under maria and they do not cause spacecraft to "dip and accelerate". Their effect depends upon the orbit of the spacecraft.

edit on 8/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
I would be lying if I stated that the moon does not and has not fascinated me since I was young. There is so much that we still do not know about it. I was perusing the internet (as usual) and found this site. I admit that some of the things revealed on it I did not know, and thought it was an interesting and thought provoking.

home1.gte.net...

They left out that in all likelihood it's not natural but hey....the 'rust proof iron' particles is close enough

Thanks for sharing OP

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
so in summary, the conclusion is.....

they know nothing about the moon lol

Now THAT'S an understatement

But funny how a certain member purports to know everything though!
Fascinating.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Not everything.
But enough to know how stupid that list is.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
From your link.

6. The Puzzle of the Rustproof Iron Found on the Moon: Samples brought back to earth by both Soviet and American space probes contain pure iron particles. The Soviets announced that pure iron particles brought back by remote controlled lunar probe Zond 20 have not oxidized even after several years on earth. Pure iron particles that do not rust are unheard of in the scientific world (although there is a solid iron pillar of unknown age in New Delhi, India, that has also never rusted, and no one knows why).

Just one quick google search.

The pillar has attracted the attention of archaeologists and metallurgists and has been called "a testament to the skill of ancient Indian blacksmiths" because of its high resistance to corrosion.[4] The corrosion resistance results from an even layer of crystalline iron hydrogen phosphate forming on the high phosphorus content iron, which serves to protect it, and also the effects of the local Delhi climate, which alternates from wet to dry. [5]

link

Deny ignorance people.

I would also like to add.

I googled does pure Iron rust.

Yes. Some beliefs are that pure iron doesn't rust. This is not the case. Iron 'rusts' or corrodes according to the following: Fe --> Fe2+ + 2e-

link

I bet the Russians have the Iron in an environmentally controlled environment, Not laying around outside to get rained on

edit on 2-8-2012 by liejunkie01 because: I would also like to add.

edit on 2-8-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I bet the Russians have the Iron in an environmentally controlled environment, Not laying around outside to get rained on

You seem to be assuming there were "pure iron particles".

There was no Zond 20. There were no "pure iron particles" returned by it.

edit on 8/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join