RE: A Day With Rosicrucian Students.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hey, VeritaAquitas, and those interested:

At about high noon this afternoon I took a trip through downtown Oceanside  to the Rosicrucian Fellowship.  Like I said yesterday, I found out through reading one of Max Heindel's publications that the Rosicrucian Fellowship headquarters was literally down the street, around the corner.  The funny thing is that I had always seen the Temple of the Rose Cross on top of Mission Avenue hill, here in Oceanside.  I just never had a clue as to what it was.  My dad and sister thought it was a Jehovah's Witness complex and when I was growing up I never thought to question that assumption.  

I rode up to the front entrance to a small administrative building... No one home.  

Lucky for me I speak SoCal Spanish.  The next building i went to was the dining hall, where I ran into two cooks who were surprised the guerro (white boy) standing in front of them asked how they were doing and if there was some one I could speak with. They directed me down another small road to the guest center where some summer studies were ( and are still ) taking place.   Below.

After entering and finding the receptionist's desk lacking a receptionist, I helped myself to exactly 33 pamphlets about aspects of being a student of Rosicrucianism.. .coincidence?  I don't believe in it, neither do the students of Rosicrucianism. 

I followed the foyer into a hallway.  Turns out there was a class of students listening to a Desciple ( it takes 7 years of dedication to reach Desciple.  The fellowship tries to stay away from rank which is only an encouragement for ego....  Seems to be a constant within esoteric schools).  I sat in on the lecture and was encouraged by what I heard.  Passages from the bible were read, in particular Deuteronomy 32: 11 and Job, 39.  

The Bible says in Job 39 v 27 to 28 ”Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high? She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place “.
Deuteronomy 32:11 ” As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings “.
The Holy Bible, KJV

Because I had jumped in late in the lecture I was truly at a loss as to the true context but there was strong conviction, compassion, and understanding behind the words being spoken.  The woman speaking them believed in them, that much was obvious.

Something struck me immediately when I walked into that room.  I was embraced.  

No one knew me.  No one asked my name, the ones who saw me just nodded, and offered me a chair.  It was a humbling moment and something I won't soon forget.  It's a rare thing to feel accepted immediately, especially for a tattooed Freemason living in "Oceanslime".

Something else struck me, and it's something I am familiar with from my involvement in Freemasonry:  I was the youngest person there.

To me, it speaks volumes of my generation, and the respect they generally cary for the mysteries of life.  On a far more simpler note and one that bothers me a lot more... My generation is godless...  I'm sorry to those who take that the wrong way, or don't understand what I mean... IMO its writing on the wall... Sorry to stray.

After a small prayer for closing it was a break for lunch and my opportunity to speak with some people.  Everything was brief and cordial, I think folks were hungry.  

As we walked back towards the parking lot a man hailed me from down the small road back towards the administrative offices I found empty earlier.  He was the Honcho, so to say.  I won't mention his name but he was super cool to talk with.  After reading about the Fellowship in France he began to study and came to the states.  I don't know the whole story but he's been taking care of what Max Heindel left behind in Oceanside... He was worldly, soft spoken, and wise.  He read me like an open book, too.  

In my brutally honest opinion...  Well, I'm going back.  I dig it.  I consider myself a student of the esoteric as well as my dedication to living as a Mason;   I  won't make any shotgun judgements, but now, more then ever before, my interest is piqued.  

Check out the Temple of the Rose Cross!  

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Awesome!

I have them on my FB news feeds, I always share their quotes. I'm also a fellow Mason from Massachusetts I'm 35, and I too agree this is a Godless generation, the younger than I crowd are even worse. Thew few Sincere believers in God I know beside myself, are sadly really lax on values in action, or hate gays. So it breaks my heart.

However enough of my ramblings, I'm really excited you went out to meet them. I hope to meet some when I move out to the west coast to NV. I'm going to also find a new lodge for our fraternity, and schedule a visitation.

Anyways great post, and thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
In my brutally honest opinion...  Well, I'm going back.  I dig it.  I consider myself a student of the esoteric as well as my dedication to living as a Mason;   I  won't make any shotgun judgements, but now, more then ever before, my interest is piqued.

What is the process for joining and what are the obligations once you do? How frequently do they meet? What are their expectation of you once you become a member?

Please keep us posted on your progress and any other pertinent information you may encounter.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Great to hear. As I have said, My Grandfather was part of a group in PA and was very into it for about 20 years until his death. Since I was a punk kid, I had no interest in his mumbo jumbo at the time, but damn, I wish he was still here. Anyway, I'll get with you later to get some contact info for them for a few questions I have.

Is the group you went to associated with AMORC?

BTW, nice job on the thread. I hope the mods notice as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Augustus , it's actually pretty simple to join, and it's free (donations encouraged but not expected).  

The first step is a mail corospondance between yourself and the fellowship.  It's basically several small tests, and some directed reading to ensure the student understands the basics of Rosicrucian philosophy and how it relates to mastering ones self.  This is the step I am currently active with. 

After the written exchanges, a student is then eligible to become an Adept.  One must be an Adept student for two years before being elligable to advance.  During that period of time the student will study mysticism as it relates to christianity (mystic Christians), esoteric schools, astrology, and study the bible, paying keen attention to the details of Christs life compared to the lives of other prophets.  During this period an adept is encouraged to study, meditate, and pray liberally.

When the adept period is done, the student is elligable to study for Descipleship.  There is a ritual that goes along with these studies, and a personal obligation is taken by the student.  I don't know what the obligation is.  From here it's another 5 years of study before the title of Descipleship is bestowed to the Adept.  The Students of Rosicrucianism are firm set the titles are tool for the ego, as such, there are not very many, even after dedicating seven to ten years to study.

reply to post by networkdude

Networkdude,  This group is not affiliated with AMORC officially, however there is a cross over in members, and the teachings are nearly identical.  

Also, The fellowship and AMORC are the only "true" RC orders to have come across from Europe to the states.  Other Rosicrucian groups seem to have no physical headquarters, and we're founded in the age of the interweb.  Whereas both AMORC and the RF in Oceanside can easily trace the lineage of its members as far back as the early enlightenment era. They also have physical headquarters that operate under the same structure as any other NPO.  The upkeep, and the financing all comes from the students around the world.  

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Awesome thread and info!

I'll come back a little later when I can ask more questions, but you now have my interest piqued as well. I've only heard of them through ATS, and I don't have enough info to ask any good questions, but I will have later this evening.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
inorder to be a part of this group- is a station wagon really needed? Cause I see two.

glad you found something in yourself

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I don't think that's an official requirement... They may just have a thing for Suburus.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Oh, I forgot to mention, tell your girlfriend she has a sexy finger. It's in the top of the first shot.

Thanks for the update. I think this is the group I have been looking for. When you get a chance, and if you have time, please check to see if I can search for former members to find out a bit more about my grandfather. I don't know how their record keeping goes, but if it's anything like ours, it should be a breeze to poke the secretary a bit.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
LOL all the masons flocked to this thread in an instant

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I definitely will do that. I'm going back Saturday morning for a class, I'll see what I can find out.

Also, since you have my email, send me a line and I can hook you up with a contact at the Fellowship.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
thanks so much for this! ive always been interested in meeting with the Rose Cross where I live and this really helped sell me on the idea. Cheers!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread. I'm glad to get an inside look at such groups...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Thanks for posting this thread. I'm glad to get an inside look at such groups...

Glad you enjoyed the read, Afteinfinity. I'll be posting some more updates. I'm going back for a class this Saturday.
The subject is an introduction to ancient mysticism. I am stoked.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Common interests? Support for a brother? Curiosity about how it would get spun negatively? Probably all 3 of those.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I remember reading advertisments in the back of Physcology Today in the 70's, in the advertisement section back pages about the Rosicrucians.

Cool Ad's but the Moonies were taking over occult status right after Manson, so I didn't respond to getting more info.

I've driven by the facility going back and forth through San Diego for years knowing and looking at that building wondoring what they were do inside.

Thanks for the report. I feel like a putz not having walked up and said "what's up" now.

Nice,. Keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

It was surprising, what with it being on the Secret Societies forum and all. I thought it would be filled with UFOologists.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Everyone knows that Masons are our reptilian overlords that drive the UFOs

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

If you had flown a UFO you would know why we keep it suck a tight nit secret. Afterwards sex seems not so fun.

edit on 3-8-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: X files joke... I am a dork.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Everyone knows that Masons are our reptilian overlords that drive the UFOs

I am gald you recognize this fact. As a reward I am going to refer to you as 'food' from now on........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join