It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Immortality by 2045?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I heard about this article before, and everyone I talked to thought it was creepy. I would go for it, but I would probably have to sell my house for it. I hope they hurry up and make it sooner, cause everyone I know would probably be gone by then. If I'm all alone, then I would be stuck playing mmo games like World of Warcraft for eternity then.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

That's proof of nothing other than the fact that some needy someone that wants attention is capable of making up stories for all the superstitious people/cattle to gobble up at the trough of gullibility.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Well there's thousands of accounts so they couldn't all be fabricated. There is hope out there waiting for you.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

... and there's tens of thousands of liars, thieves, frauds, charlatans, and crazy people in prison and mental institutions that got caught defrauding people, or got a little too conspicuous with their crazy, and by similar reasoning as you, the other side of the coin is that if videos like these you cite are still made, it just shows not all of the liars and crazies have been caught yet.

I'm sure, also, if I looked hard enough, I could find a video where someone claims to have died and seen Allah who claims to be angry at all the Christians and Jews and will destroy them.
I'm sure if I looked, I could find all sorts of videos claiming all sorts of fantastic ridiculous fairyland nonsense from people claiming to have died and come back, every single one of them pushing some sort of different flavored agenda.

What would you think if I told you that I died, and came back and from personal experience I know for a fact that everything you believe or thought you believed about afterlives is completely wrong, and there's damn good reason I'd rather trade off for a robot body for a chance to live forever?
Would you believe me?
No, you wouldn't because the nature of faith is believing only in what you want to believe, in spite of, contrary to, and in total disregard of any and all evidence you disagree with or don't like.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Ya well better start with locking up every single person who's a member of this website then.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Go play on your iPad...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I recently saw a autopsy on youtube and this got me thinking. They dissected the brain and pulled it out. They cut the optic nerves, some other nerves, a membrane in the midsection and aft and, finally, the stem. Then it just slips out. It's just a matter of time before they can house a brain. They have to figure out how to interface with the countless nerves and how to replicate the skull. They'd probably have to feed sensory information to the brain that're similar to the senses it's evolved for: touch, sight, smell, etc. A real or artificial or virtual (in a simulation) body for feedback.

This isn't about right/wrong. This is about how high do we fly?

I don't believe we'll ever live forever. Even if we succeed in housing a brain it still has to be repaired. Brains do get old. And then there're the possibilities that a brain is hacked or is deleted. And there're accidents that can happen. A break in a circuit can shut off power or disable a safety check. All sorts of things. I remember reading that even if we had perfectly young bodies forever we would still die in 200-300 years as a result of accidents and diseases and other fatal (incidental) events.

And there's this (keep in mind, a monkey head was transplanted in the 1960's):
The person in-question:
en.wikipedia.org - Robert_J._White...

In the 70's, after a long series of experiments, White performed a transplant of one monkey head onto the body of another monkey, although it lasted just a few days. These operations were continued and perfected to the point where the transplanted head could have survived indefinitely on its new body[citation needed], though the animals were in fact euthanized.

Just a matter of time. They have to learn these things in an ethical manner.
edit on 6-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The matrix schedule:

www.theeagle.com...

_ By 2020, robots we can control remotely with our brains.

_ By 2025, a scenario familiar to watchers of sci-fi cartoon show "Futurama:" the capability to transplant the brain into a life-support system, which could be a robot body. Essentially, a robot prosthesis that can replace an ailing, perhaps dying body.

_ By 2035, the ability to move the mind into a computer, eliminating the need for the robot bodies to carry around wet, messy brains.

_ By 2045, technology nirvana in the form of artificial brains controlling insubstantial, hologram bodies.

IMO we could achieve full body implants , but I think we are much further away from being able to create matrix hologram world by 2045.

2020: Robots are still a tool, no real impacts on humanity besides technology.

In 2025:
Huge impact to humanity:
It will be interesting to see:
1. Humanities acceptance of these beings with full robotic body? Will it be frowned upon to be human or vice versa?
2. Sexual interaction,attraction,appeal, etc. Will people become more interested in peoples inner beauty versus the outer beauty?
3. Racism.
4. Food ,water or supplements required, end world hunger?
5. Transportation? Can I just ship my head overseas and get reattached to another place?
6. Exploration, will we live underwater or other non human friendly environments?
7. Phobias , Will I no longer care about snakes?
8. Pay to live, or will it be mandatory to moved to the matrix?
10. Children? Will they have children or adult sized robots?
11. Reproduction?
12. Sports?

By 2045:
9. The matrix
10. Immortality?
11. Religion? Soul? God?

Cool stuff and potential for accomplishing greatness for mankind, but to bad Humanity will surely get in the way as it always does. Unfortunately, Instead of helping humanity excel I'm sure new methods of extortion, money,greed,power. etc will prevail.

edit on 16-6-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I hate bringing the car in for an oil change. Why would I want to put myself into that situation. Maybe memories could be transferred and possibly even personal trait patterns but the machine would never be alive in my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join