It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Immortality by 2045?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Russian entrepreneur Dmitry Itskov's 2045 Initiative......................
What I find interesting about this story is who this individual is targeting to fund his research. He appears to be going after the people from the the "Forbes Richest List" to fund his little venture. His website link is at the bottom and it seems quite interesting in its concept.

I would be keen to see who has the $$$ to pay for immortality.

If transforming into a cybernetic humanoid robot sounds like the thing for you, Russian entrepreneur Dmitry Itskov's 2045 Initiative could use a little help from your personal chequing account in order to fund his dream of humans becoming immortal. The 31-year-old claims he has assembled a team of top scientists to work on the initiative — a six-stage project that would ultimately see our brains housed in a fully functional holographic human avatar by the year 2045. Itskov claims his idea will "free" the majority of people on the planet from "disease, old age and even death" through advanced neuroscience, nanotechnology and android robotics.

"DARPA (The US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) is already working on it via a program called 'Avatar'... through which the Pentagon hopes to create a brain-machine interface that will allow soldiers to control bipedal human surrogate machines remotely with their minds," the network reports, citing an article from Popular Science magazine.

link..........

Check out his website for further details.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wow. All I can say.
I'm not sure if I would go through with it. What if some tragedy were to happen and Earth was destroyed? Would you be conscious forever?
I'm sure many people would consider this, though. I'm more interested in knowing what the afterlife is like.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This would definitely be something only the incredibly wealthy could afford, and i doubt any leaders would want immortal citizens. There would be a massive population boom that i doubt any country could support.

And i can think of a lot of very negative applications. Imagine a horrible leader like Hitler coming around again, with the ability to control people...forever.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ever seen the movie "In Time" made in 2011??? That's where we're heading... Whats more perfect than a worker that's at the top of his/her shape and who's time depends completely on money provided by big brother... no need for insurance or paying for sick people they can pocket it all and have the mass work for them forever and just sit on them lazy butts drinking champagne...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

so maybe if your lonely, someone "immortal" or well, dead and still aware as a hologram, could be your own friendly Cortana like in halo!

cooooool

imagine having an imaginary friend that you can always talk too, and they are REAL.

peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The Doctor will stop this! The Cybermen Shall Not Rise! lol this is kind of cool. I would like to live long enough to see if we ever make contact with alien life or at least get something similar to warp drive. Oh well, this is still a cool story.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sweeeeeeet!!

Where do I sign up?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For immortality, maybe the controlling intellegence of one of the ET's fractal interdimensional ships, but to be a robot with a mind in cyberspace on this world... I'd rather die!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Post-human migration to surrogate replacement android bodies sounds cool.

It wouldn't impact population much since anyone joining the ranks of 'immortality' would be giving up their biological body, and the ability to reproduce. Further, and android surrogate replacement body wouldn't necessarily require the same kinds and sorts of resources for sustained 'living' as a person's natural body.

I'd certainly love the chance to go on living forever.

From the perspective of the rich, there wouldn't necessarily be any advantages in not allowing the average masses of regular people to have access to this either.

Everyone being allowed to migrate to an android body for the chance of 'immortality' would create a market for replacement parts, software upgrades, accessories, specialized attachments/features/abilities, and a whole new niche for making money off of the newly immortal.

For instance the 'basic' model replacement android body doesn't come with sex parts, or synthetic skin, or wireless communication, and only has a limited capacity short term power supply, where if someone wants to upgrade, they can do so at the initial order for cheaper, or much later at a little more extra expense for purchase of upgrades piecemeal.

Further, people migrating over to surrogate android replacement bodies could rejoin the workforce and possibly even out perform their natural biological coworkers, making the newly 'immortal' android migrants a valuable addition to competitive business.

It looks like such a proposition, if ever possible, feasible, and successful would be a win, win, for everyone concerned.
It'd be like new cars for everyone, everyone that can afford them, where the wealthy have the latest coolest most accessorized models, and regular people get by with consumer level bodies, slaves to constant maintenance routines, and replacement parts for the shoddy consumer level equipment they're stuck with.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It will be proof that smoking and drinking is good for you if I'm still alive in 33 years to see any of this eventuate.

But if I am still around maybe the missus & kids will have Robodad to contend with !!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
One thing that would also need to be addressed is, how would you keep someone's brain/mind from deteriorating? And if they found a way to upload our mind to a computer, would that really be us, or would it just be an exact copy of what our personality was?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Post-human migration to surrogate replacement android bodies sounds cool.

It wouldn't impact population much since anyone joining the ranks of 'immortality' would be giving up their biological body, and the ability to reproduce. Further, and android surrogate replacement body wouldn't necessarily require the same kinds and sorts of resources for sustained 'living' as a person's natural body.

I'd certainly love the chance to go on living forever.

From the perspective of the rich, there wouldn't necessarily be any advantages in not allowing the average masses of regular people to have access to this either.

Everyone being allowed to migrate to an android body for the chance of 'immortality' would create a market for replacement parts, software upgrades, accessories, specialized attachments/features/abilities, and a whole new niche for making money off of the newly immortal.

For instance the 'basic' model replacement android body doesn't come with sex parts, or synthetic skin, or wireless communication, and only has a limited capacity short term power supply, where if someone wants to upgrade, they can do so at the initial order for cheaper, or much later at a little more extra expense for purchase of upgrades piecemeal.

Further, people migrating over to surrogate android replacement bodies could rejoin the workforce and possibly even out perform their natural biological coworkers, making the newly 'immortal' android migrants a valuable addition to competitive business.

It looks like such a proposition, if ever possible, feasible, and successful would be a win, win, for everyone concerned.
It'd be like new cars for everyone, everyone that can afford them, where the wealthy have the latest coolest most accessorized models, and regular people get by with consumer level bodies, slaves to constant maintenance routines, and replacement parts for the shoddy consumer level equipment they're stuck with.

You wouldn't happen to be in the field of commerce/economics by chance would you?
I get your point but feel there is something on the "horizon" that will shift the balance of power out of the hands of the few and into the many.

Or maybe thats just wishful thinking and we are doomed to eternal corporate slavery either way.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I GOT A NEWS FLASH FOR YOU....

You're already immortal. Everyone was made immortal. Only the body dies. After that the soul goes on to live for eternity in heaven or hell. Whether you believe that or not is up to you. The point is everyone is already immortal.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

No offense but I won't just be taking your word for it. I would hate to go through my whole life with that belief then die and......nothing.

Bring on the cyborgs!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
You're already immortal. Everyone was made immortal. Only the body dies. After that the soul goes on to live for eternity in heaven or hell.

Yes, but that's not Earth, is it? I'm sure everyone would know if we could communicate with someone after they have passed, or after their body dies. With this, you could live on Earth forever.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I GOT A NEWS FLASH FOR YOU....

You're already immortal. Everyone was made immortal. Only the body dies. After that the soul goes on to live for eternity in heaven or hell. Whether you believe that or not is up to you. The point is everyone is already immortal.

Prove it.

yup.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Viewing immortality as being established "artificially" as opposed to spiritual "ascension" makes me wonder about the eventual total integration - when human breeding finally ceases "the old fashioned way"

Seems that all of our past and future loved ones/personalties miss out on immortality and our generation are the lucky ones who discover and utilise it.

Food for thought in any case.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Put up or shut up.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

This whole idea seems like a dud to me. I think i have much more faith in my human body than some machine operated body. Machines break down all the time! And seriously how many people would want some artificial body? I dont know any people that would go for this idea and it all seems like a waste of our species. I would rather just live a normal human life, ya know, live and then eventually die. Now if they had a way to extend my human bodies life i would probably go for that just as long as i can keep my human self.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Kryties...... just become a vampire, ha ha

Morgan.....

the book of Revelations seems to say that it will be on earth. I don't fully understand it but a lot of Christians believe this. something like a 1000 year reign of Gods kingdom here on earth.

Brucilla....Mac420..... watch....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join