It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want real change? Easy solution....Don't vote!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
So, I understand Alaska's POV. I'm just of the opinion that there are many many other issues that are just as important.

Oh, I don't know, the RIGHT to bear arms......the RIGHT for government to get the HELL out of my life, and such.

I just don't believe that secluding oneself from society is the answer. I believe this is the time that many have spoken about in the past that we need to STAND UP and be counted. These idiots in DC need to be fired and replaced by grassroots folks that have OUR best interests at heart.

How can we possibly effect change without voting??? Just saying.

I'll ask one last time for you to expand on your thoughts, cause I just don't get it.

P.S. sorry for any spelling errors....spilt beer on the keyboard last night, and it's still kinda sticky.....

link   
reply to post by r2d246

So again, you already don't vote! Well it doesn't count for much when you do.

Then who elected all those people in DC? Was it the NWO 1%?

Look, I share your frustration but abandoning the only system we have doesn’t solve the problem. Sitting it out solves NOTHING.

What's your solution?

edit on 2-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by otherpotato

If I decide to vote then I vote for the candidate who meets requirements one and two. Always will because it directly matters to me. Call that party lines. I call it basic human rights.

I call that a two issue voter but…that’s your prerogative.

Can't understand why they're not a given but apparently they still need to be fought for.

They do still need to be fought for…I agree. What about the economy that affects us all? What about the constitution? What about our taxation? Maybe socialized medicine too? Should these also be things to fight for? Are they worthy issues?

Just saying!

Well, skipping ahead to point two I think both of these issues I brought up SHOULD be covered by the constitution. But for some reason they appear to be up for debate so once they aren't we can take them off the table. I guess it's because the constitution was written by white straight men and thus we have the struggles we do
The economy? Dude, I can't see anyone fixing that. Can you? Have you seen a "plan" that works? It is so far beyond the pale... I have just decided that money is going to have to become irrelevant if we are all going to live. I don't know. Half the time I don't even understand why it's an issue. I mean we need water, clean air, nourishment, rest, shelter and the ability to procreate. When did money become a "basic need"? As for taxation...don;t get me started. I am working my own angle on that one...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I guess it's because the constitution was written by white straight men and thus we have the struggles we do.

What does the constitution say about marriage? Do tell….

The economy? Dude, I can't see anyone fixing that. Can you? Have you seen a "plan" that works? It is so far beyond the pale... I have just decided that money is going to have to become irrelevant if we are all going to live. I don't know. Half the time I don't even understand why it's an issue. I mean we need water, clean air, nourishment, rest, shelter and the ability to procreate. When did money become a "basic need"? As for taxation...don;t get me started. I am working my own angle on that one...

Of course the economy can be fixed…it begins with a damn budget! I have one…the country needs one!

No civilization exists without commerce because most people aren’t completely self-sufficient (can you forge steel, grow a garden, produce gasoline, build a skyscraper, hunt, make clothing, etc??). If you want commerce you need money.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato

If I decide to vote then I vote for the candidate who meets requirements one and two. Always will because it directly matters to me. Call that party lines. I call it basic human rights.

I call that a two issue voter but…that’s your prerogative.

Can't understand why they're not a given but apparently they still need to be fought for.

They do still need to be fought for…I agree. What about the economy that affects us all? What about the constitution? What about our taxation? Maybe socialized medicine too? Should these also be things to fight for? Are they worthy issues?

Just saying!

Well, skipping ahead to point two I think both of these issues I brought up SHOULD be covered by the constitution. But for some reason they appear to be up for debate so once they aren't we can take them off the table. I guess it's because the constitution was written by white straight men and thus we have the struggles we do

I was going to reply, but I'll let it go.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I guess it's because the constitution was written by white straight men and thus we have the struggles we do.

What does the constitution say about marriage? Do tell….

Of course the economy can be fixed…it begins with a damn budget! I have one…the country needs one!

No civilization exists without commerce because most people aren’t completely self-sufficient (can you forge steel, grow a garden, produce gasoline, build a skyscraper, hunt, make clothing, etc??). If you want commerce you need money.

We need to get the 2nd grader out of office, and bring in a professional THAT KNOWS WHAT THE HELL HE IS DOING. Pretty simple. The economy would be fixed within a year. He needs to repeal Obamacare, Dodd/Frank, (i know there's another one but i'm getting tired....blah blah Sorbains/Oxley???, I think), retract all of the EPA regulations he's put in place, abolish the EPA, and the NEA, punch Sabilias in the mouth, and the whole liberal arts grant things. Approve Keystone and get Canada to tell China to kiss thier ass. Retract EVERY executive order he has issued since he stumbled into the white house. Open up drilling on a massive scale and encourage the building of numerous new refineries. Kick China out of the Gulf and especially off the caost of Alaska. Re-double the size of the Border Patrol along Mexico. Prosecute Holder to the full extent of the law. Lower corporate taxes to the bone and allow them to repatriate thier off-shore holdings with minimal tax. Re-authorize the "Bush" tax cuts. Pass a 15% flat tax. Eliminate the death tax.

Look hard and long at each and every foriegn aid check we cut. I also believe that there are military installations around the globe that can be closed with no adverse consequences to either country.

There are many, many other things, but this would be enough to put us back on the upswing.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Sorry....forgot.

Use Spec Ops, Mossad, and M16/5 to neutralize the chem/bio threat in Syria.

Be prepared to go ALL IN, in Iran, if Isreal mounts a strike. We have 3 carrier battle groups in the area, plus the air assets stationed around the gulf. It won't be pretty, but abslutely NO boots on the ground (beyond Spec Ops).

Take down the air defenses and use those HUGE bunker busters that have just com on-line. (Not to mention all the classified weapons)

And, unlike Obozo, foment the kids uprising, and support them to the hilt, to overturm the extreme leftist Mulahs.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
As Lucy would sya, any other problems solved ----- 5 cents

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Wow... I sure hope Mitt sticks to the other and most obvious side of what he is doing ...although for some it's probably too subtle. Society today is too used to BIG moves with BIG results. Well, deterrence kept the Soviets and Americans apart for 50 years and during some times that it was far from a forgone conclusion it would remain that way, as I understand reading history.

It would and will work today if we can simply project a credible and REAL threat Iran would take seriously. He is right about Iran testing us...and why shouldn't they? We're all but smothering them from all sides. Both sides are pushing at this point..and either can stop with or without the other to short circuit this whole process.

I'm all for "all in" and I mean at World War II levels, and in EVERY sense of that statement. If...and ONLY IF...Iran actually initiates an attack by their military against another nation. Simple enough, and at one time, it was what the U.S. and even the U.N. itself stood for.

Anything short of response to their STARTING an attack is ..Well... Starting a war ourselves and there just isn't another way to put that. Preemptive..whatever. It's still starting a war. We never used to be in the STARTING business. Funny how that's working. deterrence. It's the one and the only strategy since 1945 that HAS worked.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It doesn't. That's my point. And debating about this clearly isn't going to go anywhere so we will have to agree to disagree. Sorry I expressed an opinion that wasn't yours. Next time I will keep it to myself.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Akuhei

One problem with this statement, both candidates are AWFUL. I don't want 4 more years of Obama, and I sure as hell don't want to open the Pandora's box that is a Romney presidency; that douche still won't take a stand on ANY ISSUES!

Why vote when both candidates suck? Is a decent candidate too much to ask for? A vote for anyone other than the two mainstream candidates is a wasted vote and can get you jury duty, so no thank you. When there is a candidate I can stand listening to for more than 5 seconds without feeling the need to clean my ears with bleach, I'll give him/her my vote. At this point I would rather vote for a freaking potted plant rather than Romney or Obama; at least a potted plant can't sign any more executive orders or okay drone strikes to kill more innocent children.

Politics in America are so shameful.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Delete please, double post.
edit on 2-8-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: Double post.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Man I've been yelling this for years,

2nd

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Why isnt EVERYONE staring this? If you dont want change then at least lets put this post out there for the people that ACTUALLY WANT change. I seen dull topics make it to headlines, why not this one?

YOU KNOW something isnt right. But your paychecks make you ignore it...better yet your bills. Wanna know why people dont want change? Because change doesnt pay bills! Bills do! You people depend on your system to save your delicate lives. Well your system's life depends on you! YOU ARE THE SYSTEM! YOU just like them play a part in what happens in this world but your to busy doing something. Your to lazy to give credit to people trying! And i dont mean " oh good job" i mean truly speaking about it to people around you and bringing them the message you once read. My god people please wake up! Im not the only one depending on you ignorant [snip]s! We live in this planet to you know? Whatever. Your all going to die anyways. But for those of you that TRY!? Thank you very much and may god bless your familes.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They have all the rights to bitch and moan, They pay taxes like anyone else, because you vote there is no real obligation that your candidate will win or implement the changes it proposed.

There is indeed an obligation to vote if the system is rigged as it seem to be in most "democracies" vote for the underdog even if you have a venomous dislike for its policy proposal, that underdog will in self preservation act to reduce the power of the custom parties and provide a greater level of discussion and points of view.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
OP...I couldn't agree more! DON'T VOTE!!!

I too can't stand this position on the subject...you know, this one: If you don't vote you have no right to complain.
That is a BS statement. Not voting is your right to complain!!! This is your vote. By the way, it is your constitutionally protected right not to vote.

It is very important to register to vote to have your non-vote counted. You are sending a few very powerful messages when you don't vote.

1. You don't agree that any of the candidates platforms supports your best interest.
2. You will not be muscled into picking the lesser of the evils.
3. You are not being led by the rhetoric or BS anymore but are aware that it is being spoken.
4. That you are aware that your vote doesn't really matter anyway. (The POTUS is already chosen even before you cast your ballot.)
5. You are protecting your constitutional right NOT to vote!

Remember the more information (data) that you give TPTB about what you want and what influences you the more they WILL be able to lead you (herd you) with little or no resistance.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
it doesn't matter who you vote for,
the government always gets in!!!
vote for everyone,makes your vote null & void, and takes a vote away from all the runners!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I agree DON'T VOTE! It's the ONLY thing a Citizen has, it's the power of OUR individual VOTE. The only way the PTB are going to listen, is to HEAR our SILENCE of not voting! And for those who say, "If you don't vote, you can't complain" is a farse....look around you, what has YOUR vote OR any other VOTES in the PAST has ever achieved? Nothing. Silence is the GREATEST VOICE we have right now. Let's show THEM that we are not happy by NOTE VOTING. Our VOTE is the only power we have, let's try something different, and see how much power our vote/not voting really has....

Big Jedi

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have always said, with the power of the internet and social media, that some average Joe should be nominated, then get as many people as possible to vote for this person. It would take a mass viral push but it could work. It would take web designers to build sites everywhere. SEO guys to overpower every possible search, adwords, etc. If people REALLY want change, this is the way to do it. In all honesty the person could remain anonymous during the campaign and post all views and policies on a website. A true independent, free of corruption and big brother intrusion.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i see your point

the whole left/right paradigm within politics is a control mechanism
and gives them an excuse to "please some people some of the time but not please all the people all the time"

divide and conquer simply put...

one side offers great public spending but raises taxes a little for everyone
other offers great public spending but raises taxes a little for everyone.. both are the same but hate each other...

one will blame winners for raising taxes for the rich and overspending...
other will blame winners for NOT raising taxes for the rich and NOT spending

it is to create a class war (divide and conquer)
the richer ones will like the conservatives and hate the lefty's
the poorer ones will like the left and hate the conservatives

yet the difference is as little as 1% between them on policy
just different wording....

the BEST government's I say are coalition ones (but they will NEVER admit that nor will the MSM)
as a coalitions policy's are what is best for everyone....

edit on 2-8-2012 by Insearchofthetruth1987 because: mis spell

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join